Dick Trickle RIP

One of the very best short track racers ever to wheel a racecar. Truely lost a legend today:( Thanks for the memories.

Sad! <3 ♫
0516-dick-trickle-getty-3.jpg

This is very eery that this happened today. I collect baseball hats...I have approx. 600...90% are motorsports/powersports related...Today I was looking in one of my hat boxes for my 1992 Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup hat...As I was digging in the box I came across a Heilig/Meyer Furniture Racing Dick Trickle hat, I took it out and was looking at it and wondering what ever happened to Dick Trickle...Eery...Eery...Eery...

This is very eery that this happened today. I collect baseball hats...I have approx. 600...90% are motorsports/powersports related...Today I was looking in one of my hat boxes for my 1992 Chicago Blackhawks Stanley Cup hat...As I was digging in the box I came across a Heilig/Meyer Furniture Racing Dick Trickle hat, I took it out and was looking at it and wondering what ever happened to Dick Trickle...Eery...Eery...Eery...
that's crazy

Sorry I just saw the thread in checkered flag.. Yeah pretty shocking.

Rest in peace, Dick. I don't know much about Trickle's short track career, but I do understand he was a legend in that regard. I mainly remember him from his days driving Cup for the Stavola Bros., Rahmoc, and Junie Donlavey back in the 90's. He was a man's man, and this is definitely sad news.

sad news. guess he wanted ta be w/ somebody buried there ? wife?

never a big time nascar star......but he was a hellava racer.
hope they cover all tha little tracks he raced at in his tribute.
if track was open....he was there.....24/7.

great guy ! rip

His grandaughter was killed in a auto wreck in 2001 and that is where she is buried at.

Sad to hear.
Truly a great driver.
RIP
I just called me brother and told him, we saw him win the World Crown 300, and his first Busch race at Hickory. Lot of good memories.
Trickle came up dirt poor and accomplished so much.

He should be rememberd for the mid west "white knight" days the way he lived, rather than the sad ending.

Had the honor of having a beer with Dick , great , great guy . Great racecar driver . Great granddad.

Many years ago, I had an online friend who was a local Wisconsin driver who raced many races with Trickle. He told me that after the races, Trickle would join in with him and others and get sloshed enjoying a night's worth of racing. Dick was a great driver and has said that he had more than 2,000 wins over his career. One thing for sure, he was a delight to watch. May he rest in peach.

RIP

Anybody who's depressed out there.....seek help!

Those who not depressed should pay better attention. The depressed do seek help but they don't hold up a sign. Men like Trickle are proud so he was not going to beg anyone but many in the racing world knew that he was financially broke. There are many famous professional football players who are broke today because they did not make even 1% of the money players are paid today.

If anything good comes from this, it will be that NASCAR will take notice and work at preventing it in the future. Dick Trickle got dead and NASCAR got a black eye. Let's hope that black eye hurts for a while.

This is really really upsetting news to me. :( Trickle was unbeatable in ASA and ARTGO for decades. Paved the way for fellow Wisconsin short trackers like Alan Kulwicki, Matt Kenseth, Scott Wimmer and Travis Kvapil to make it to Cup.

Don't know what else to say. I'm pretty beat up about it.

OMG I cant believe it. He will be missed by me.
I spent many a race cheering him on.

May he R.I.P.

He also was a factory sponsored YAMAHA snowmobile racer in the 1970's. Here's a pic of him at the 2002 "Ride with the Champs" in St Germain, Wi

Attachments

• trickle1.jpg
    trickle1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 298
Those who not depressed should pay better attention. The depressed do seek help but they don't hold up a sign. Men like Trickle are proud so he was not going to beg anyone but many in the racing world knew that he was financially broke. There are many famous professional football players who are broke today because they did not make even 1% of the money players are paid today.

If anything good comes from this, it will be that NASCAR will take notice and work at preventing it in the future. Dick Trickle got dead and NASCAR got a black eye. Let's hope that black eye hurts for a while.
This is supposed to be a memorial thread to a helluva race car driver that was liked and admired by all but you come on here bashing Nascar with innuendo and obvious hatred. Go away.

Back
Top Bottom