Dick Trickle RIP

Dicks brother says he was suffering from constant chest pains. Perhaps he had untreatable lung cancer and decided to go out with dignity and skip the 6 months of pure agony. I hope there is an explaination the family can come to terms with.

http://www.warlickfuneralhome.net/o...archive&cnshow=news&ucat&start_from&Submit=Go

Richard “Dick” Trickle, age 71, of Iron Station, NC died of a self-inflicted gunshot.He had been suffering for some time with severe chronic pain, had seen many doctors, none of which could find the source of his pain.His family as well as all those who knew him, find his death very hard to accept, and though we will hurt from losing him for some time, he’s no longer suffering and we take comfort knowing he’s with his very special angel.

From Trickle obituary.

All I have heard is that the doctors had been unable to determine the cause of the chest pain even though many tests/scans had been performed. Lung cancer would not be surprising but that should have been found. Of course, the doctor may have given Dick bad news then he just lied to his brother. It would not be the first time a sick person has done that.

He was known as a hard never-give-up driver.

I apologize Johali. I probably said more than I should in public but there were no innuendos and I have no hatred for NASCAR (not even dislike). I was by the NASCAR museum 3 times this week. What do they say when an 8 year old boy sees Dick Trickle's picture and asks, "what ever happened to him?". I am not one to pretend that there is no problem when it is there.

Sorry anyway. Per your request, I'm gone.

I apologize Johali. I probably said more than I should in public but there were no innuendos and I have no hatred for NASCAR (not even dislike). I was by the NASCAR museum 3 times this week. What do they say when an 8 year old boy sees Dick Trickle's picture and asks, "what ever happened to him?". I am not one to pretend that there is no problem when it is there.

Sorry anyway. Per your request, I'm gone.
Okay. :D

Very sad. Great short track driver. When I was younger and we found out Dick was in the lineup at the local track, we knew our local boys better be on their toes. A lot of people cannot fathom what possesses someone to take their own life. Some say it's selfish, some say it's against their religion. Who knows. One thing I know is that I would not want to be in such a dark place, mentally, to consider taking my own life. Dick Trickle must have been struggling. I hope now he is at peace.

No, nascage, it's not you. I merged several threads into one and that became the title by default. I didn't think to change it, but I will now.

BTW, read this morning that his family issued a statement that Dick had been in severe, chronic pain for a long while and doctors could not find a cause.

Back
Top Bottom