Dickies 500

Why do they show the points standings in the middle of the damn race? Just stupid. I'm starting to hate that Punch guy.

It doesn't matter who is behind the wheel in that 12 car.It's never going home without bodywork having to be done to it.

Clown runs out of talent and takes out the 99 :mad:...and as usual Montoya is never at fault...Nice interview Juan.

Sh*t hook! (Army parlance for Chinook).;)
I always wondered in my time with the 101st Airborne(roughly 300 combat helicopters in 2 brigades if I remember right, plus the 160th SOAR, who also uses the Chinook, is located at Campbell) why the Army sticks with the CH-47 when the CH-53E had much greater towing capacity, equal troop capacity, and a much greater cruise speed.

I figure it came down to cost(2 Chinooks for one Super Stallion), because the CH-53E is superior in every other way, especially for the Army's needs.

I suspect when the CH-53K comes out in 6 years it will replace the Chinook, especially since the CH-53K should have the ability to tow a Stryker. The Blackhawk, Pavehawk, and Kiowa will possibly be phased out by then. If I had to guess, European designs with American components manufactured on license(for example, the NH-90 taking the place of the UH-60, the ARH-70 program being restarted to take the place of the Kiowa, the EH101 Merlin being a general support to supplement the utility helicopters due to their larger troop carrying capacity, and the UH-72 Lakota being integrated into regular army medivac taking the place of the HH-60 as opposed to being a NG only aircraft).

Spike, I spent an interesting year at Campbell back in 1968 when my husband was in the service. Nice place. 101st wasn't there, then --- they were in 'Nam.

The only chopper I ever rode in was back in '68 and it was a CH-53C.

Back to racing...just being a bit paranoid here, but just wondering if NASCAR is staging this to make it a bit more interesting? :confused:

Spike, I spent an interesting year at Campbell back in 1968 when my husband was in the service. Nice place. 101st wasn't there, then --- they were in 'Nam.
Fort Campbell is nice. Its also huge. Realistically they could comfortably fit in 4-6 more brigades(if the 3rd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division to Fort Knox situation falls through...which never made since to me anyway as 3BCT/1st ID is a light infantry unit and Fort Knox is an armored/cavalry centric post), shifting the 1st ID to the XVIII Airborne Corps, putting 3BCT/1st ID at Fort Campbell and converting it to an Air Assault unit to supplement the 101st would be a very good idea.

If the Army ever draws back its combat forces from overseas garrison(1st BCT and CAB/1st ID, 170th Infantry Brigade, 172nd Infantry Brigade, 173rd Airborne Brigade, 2nd Stryker Cavalry, 12th CAB ) I wouldnt be shocked to see the V Corps units end up in the XVIII Airborne Corps and put at Fort Campbell.

Finally they do through the field. I was starting to get tired all they seem to do is show Kyle Busch leading then mention Jimmie Johnson is running 120 laps then show how big of a lead he still has then go to commercial.

Ok ive heard the phrase " this will impact the points" enough for one race. Wish somebody was running a total on how many times Jerry Punch has said that today. He even fit it in right before the last commercial brake.

Did you see all the people in the stands on the replay of the ending of last years race.:eek:

Gee I would rather watch replays of pit stops than the racing on the track.:rolleyes:

On what lap will they throw the "mystery debris" caution?
I got lap 20

great now everyone is going to be getting out of the gas to conserve fuel.So no racing to the end.

Back
Top Bottom