Did I miss something?

Kyle wasn't in the Busch race. Vickers and Tony did get together. This must be referring to something Kyle did in the Cup race.

Per Jayski:

Lazzaro and #37 team not happy with Kyle Busch: Anthony Lazzaro completed the full 92 laps and finished 28th in the #37 Tequila Patron Dodge at Watkins Glen. But a post-race incident with Nextel Cup rookie #5-Kyle Busch spoiled what had been a successful day. "The punk crashed me on the cooldown lap. It just shows me this guy never built or worked on a car," Lazzaro said of Kurt Busch's younger brother. "We don't go out and try to wreck other people's equipment." Lazzaro said the trouble may have resulted when the two made contact late in the race. Lazzaro admitted he made some mistakes, the result of not having enough spotters. He said he got into Scott Pruett and drove underneath Ken Schrader at different points of the race. The #37 crew was so fired up over the incident a fight almost erupted with Kyle Busch's #5 Kellogg Chevrolet crew. The #37's acting crew chief, Glenn Darrow, had to calm his guys down by saying, "We're not going to start anything. But if they want to start something, we'll finish it."(Elmira Star Gazette)(8-16-2005)

I know it happened in the Nextel Cup Series. All I remember or what was shown was what took place in the Busch series. Screw fining a punishment. Punish Kyle by making him repair the damaged car.

I know it happened in the Nextel Cup Series. All I remember or what was shown was what took place in the Busch series. Screw fining a punishment. Punish Kyle by making him repair the damaged car.

HMS needs to provide this race team with a new car...this is horse ****

Stewart was fined 5,000 and put on the same probation as well.

I wonder what happened during the race that made Kyle do it...I remember him spinning out toward the end...was he assisted in any way? I know they didn't show anything on TV, but they didn't show the post race bump either. I don't even know why stewart bumped vickers after the busch race...unless it stems from last years incident of "grab n slap". Who knows.
I think it seems uncharacteristic for Kyle, but then again, Lazzaro admitted he made some mistakes, so maybe one of them involved hitting kyle during the race. I don't think its an excuse for the post race bump, but then again, at least its a reason.

Where is Brian's fine and probation?? He hit Tony 3 times after the race as well. Total BS from NASCAR to not fine and put brian on probation.

TonyFan20 said:
Where is Brian's fine and probation?? He hit Tony 3 times after the race as well. Total BS from NASCAR to not fine and put brian on probation.

However, I am sure NASCAR is looking at that as "retaliation" for Tony starting it and of course that is Okay with NASCAR, so no penalty assessed!!

[The punk crashed me on the cooldown lap"It just shows me this guy never built or worked on a car,"

Well he did get those facts right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beedie said:
[The punk crashed me on the cooldown lap"It just shows me this guy never built or worked on a car,"

Well he did get those facts right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beedie, if you are going to quote stuff you might try and get the quotes attributed to teh right person. You posted right after the discuussion about Tony and Vickers and your quote has nothing to do with them since it was Anthony Lazzaro that made the comment about Kyle Busch.

Kyle Busch penalized, called a punk for post-race bump

The Associated Press

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - Kyle Busch was fined $10,000 and placed on probation until the end of the year by NASCAR on Tuesday for hitting another competitor's car after the Nextel Cup race at Watkins Glen International.
Busch and Anthony Lazzaro made contact late in Sunday's race, and Busch responded by slamming into Lazzaro after the event.

"The punk crashed me on the cooldown lap," Lazzaro said. "It just shows me this guy never built or worked on a car."

Busch is the younger brother of Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch and is in his first season in NASCAR's top series

TonyFan20 said:

WRONG !!!! Not total bs from NASCAR.
If someone hits you first, retaliation is considered self-defense by the laws of the land and apparently by NASCAR.

Tony was the instigator of the bumper car exhibition. Not Brian Vickers. Stewart was fined $5000.00 and put on probation. Vickers was not fined nor was he given probation. Vickers was the victim here, not Stewart.

Situation #2. Kyle Busch was the instigator with Lazzaro. Busch received a $10,000.00 fine and was placed on probation. Lazzaro was not fined nor was he given probation. Lazzaro was the victim, not Busch.

If there is an inequity, it is in the size of the fine levied against Stewart versus the fine levied against Busch, $5000.00 versus $10,000.00.

Maybe NASCAR gave Stewart a discount since Vickers wasn't receptive to the cheap shot and slammed him back ?????

Terrible Temper Tantrum Tony was most likely angry over the close defeat and the quick pass by RGordon during the restart at The Glen. Vickers was probably blocking and Tony, true to form, did what he has done in the past and reacted poorly.
Tony doesn't handle losing very well and it showed on the cool down lap.

So if Tony had to pay $5000 in fines for this incident does this mean he will get back $7500 when the fines are redistributed to the drivers?

What a system...

Whizzer said:
WRONG !!!! Not total bs from NASCAR.
If someone hits you first, retaliation is considered self-defense by the laws of the land and apparently by NASCAR.

Tony was the instigator of the bumper car exhibition. Not Brian Vickers. Stewart was fined $5000.00 and put on probation. Vickers was not fined nor was he given probation. Vickers was the victim here, not Stewart.

Situation #2. Kyle Busch was the instigator with Lazzaro. Busch received a $10,000.00 fine and was placed on probation. Lazzaro was not fined nor was he given probation. Lazzaro was the victim, not Busch.

If there is an inequity, it is in the size of the fine levied against Stewart versus the fine levied against Busch, $5000.00 versus $10,000.00.

Maybe NASCAR gave Stewart a discount since Vickers wasn't receptive to the cheap shot and slammed him back ?????

Terrible Temper Tantrum Tony was most likely angry over the close defeat and the quick pass by RGordon during the restart at The Glen. Vickers was probably blocking and Tony, true to form, did what he has done in the past and reacted poorly.
Tony doesn't handle losing very well and it showed on the cool down lap.

I would agree with that if Brian just hit Tony back once but he didn't. He hit Tony 3 times after the race had ended. Now how is that retaliation?? He hit him once, they were then even. NO need to cont hitting him. He should have been fined and put on probation for that.

I actually saw Vickers hit TOny but did not see TOny hit Vickers first. I agree with TonyFan20 in that what Vickers did was more than self-defense. He clobbered TOny's car SEVERAL times.

once again ther PC folks @ nascar taking all the fun out of racin there shouldn't have been any fine for tony hell it wasn't like he wrecked vickers or anything, plus vickers got even.
as for bush again no fine nascar should have looked at tha big pie in the sky while Lazzero kicked kyles butt, then maybe the boy would learn some respect.

TonyFan20 said:
I would agree with that if Brian just hit Tony back once but he didn't. He hit Tony 3 times after the race had ended. Now how is that retaliation?? He hit him once, they were then even. NO need to cont hitting him. He should have been fined and put on probation for that.

My guess is, once Stewart sucker-punched Vickers, Vickers retaliation was to let Tony know, "Screw you. You started this and I'm not intimidated by you".

This doesn't make it right but it is all predicated on who instigated the event. Had Stewart not insitiated the action, Vickers would not have retaliated.
It wasn't the number of hits after the fact. It was the initial contact.
That was the message NASCAR was sending with the fine to Stewart.

It is refreshing to see NASCAR continue the recent trend by imposing a fine on a past champion or a fan favorite, if for no other reason than to let drivers know bad manners, unsportsman like conduct, immature behavior and/or temper tantrums are not tolerated. It wasn't always like that.

Bottom line 5000- 10000 dollar fines are jokes to these dudes. Probation is a huge joke in itself. Exactly how many times has Tony been on probation since he started stock cars ?? I've lost count. If nascar wants to send the "signal" , seems that only a large points deduction or six digit fine would get the point across. Suspension does the trick, too. Remember Harvick ??Hey Whizzer, nice signature. Too bad that wouldn't apply to todays aggys. :laugh:

When I lived in Texas the Aggie jokes were more popular than the blonde jokes. Is that still the case.:)

Yeah, Muggle Not. Great thing is... you don't have to make the jokes up yourself. Just hang around some aggys for a while & you'll have enough material to keep you amused for weeks. :p

CypressTrout said:
Hey Whizzer, nice signature. Too bad that wouldn't apply to todays aggys. :laugh:

Right you are on the value of the fine and probation.
Perhaps my point wasn't clear. In the past, NASCAR was selective in fines and penalties excluding fan favorites or big draw drivers. At least today, NASCAR is making an effort to do something about equality.
The situation with Harvick was a totally different situation as Harvick was not suspended for on track actions.

Referencing "todays aggys", there are more Texas A&M alumni deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan today than from any other ROTC source.

Texas A&M continues to annually commission more officers in the armed forces than any other ROTC source in the nation. An honorable statistic for the Aggies of today. :)

Right you are, Whizzer. Wasn't being confrontational... your posts are some that I always made a pont to read. I'd figure that a&m has one of the largest rotc corps in the nation as well.Still doesn't change the fact that every time I spend any time around aggys, I return home with hilarious material.

Not to beat a dead horse but I am curious.. Does anyone know if the probation for Busch and Stewart counts in Cup level too?? I mean if they do something in Cup do they already consider the two on probation???

Not quite sure if Stewart's would count on the Cup level, but Kyle Busch's probation was for a Cup race incident so it would most definitely count.

You are right but I am still crious about Tony's probation???

wolfcub said:
You are right but I am still crious about Tony's probation???

Theoretically, the Busch series probation does not affect Stewart in NEXTEL CUP series.

Neither should the probation of Kyle Busch in the NEXTEL NASCAR Series affect him in the NASCAR BUSCH Series.

CypressTrout said:
Right you are, Whizzer. Wasn't being confrontational... your posts are some that I always made a pont to read. I'd figure that a&m has one of the largest rotc corps in the nation as well.Still doesn't change the fact that every time I spend any time around aggys, I return home with hilarious material.

HEY !! No harm no foul.
The intent was to post a few facts about the role Texas Aggies have played in the defense of our country.

I was pleased to note your social activity with Aggies and how that consociation provides you with so much humorous material.
It is a sure bet the Aggies are reciprocal in observations and tales relating to those associates outside the Aggie circle. :)

BTW, MAJOR CONGRATULATIONS to Cypress Trout's fav university on becoming 2005 College World Series Champions !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom