Do cup drivers speed in their personal cars/scare passengers?

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
Just an idle thought. I know Jeff G and Danica have made commericals where they scare passengers, Deegan too. But somehow I cant see Kyle Bush in his toyota supra being content on the interstate to just drive 55.

What say you all?

and which if any driver is most likely/least likely to speed?

55 mph on the freeway around these parts will get your doors blown off.

I'll go Kez most likely to speed since he don't like to lift, and Logano least likely to speed most likely to block.

Off hand I think Kurt and Kyle both have been clocked at pretty insane speeds on the street. It was a long time ago though.
I think I remember that!

Kurts was back in the "assassin" days. Not sure on Kyle's

I think I remember that!

I imagine Sammy was scared witless

Busch was driving with his wife Samantha in the car at a speed of 128 mph in a 45 mph zone when he was spotted by local police and subsequently pulled over.

Busch was driving with his wife Samantha in the car at a speed of 128 mph in a 45 mph zone when he was spotted by local police and subsequently pulled over.
did he give the LEO an autograph to get out of the ticket?

Off hand I think Kurt and Kyle both have been clocked at pretty insane speeds on the street. It was a long time ago though.
Wasn't one of them clocked at 100+ in a 45 zone or something?
Just saw your post, yep. That's nuts.

I think I remember that!

Yeah Kurt went full Rambo on the cop. Probably would have gotten off or a small ticket if he didn't run his mouth. 60 in a 45 and he couldn't talk his way out of getting arrested? It doesn't look like anybody was with him though. I think this was in Busch's Punched Face period

NASCAR Star Kurt Busch Arrested for Reckless Driving​

When professional race car drivers drive their personal cars on the street, they bump Draft other drivers like at Dega or Daytona. At least that’s what I always thought, might be wrong

When this question is asked to drivers, the answer is usually “no” because they do not feel as safe in their own vehicles.

and of course Jr..didn't get a ticket though but Amy was in the car

Earnhardt was pulled over for speeding while driving to Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday morning before the AAA Texas 500.

His fiancée, Amy Reimann, who was in the car with him, posted a picture on Twitter of a police officer writing out a warning for NASCAR's most popular driver.

and then we have Neil Bonnett :laugh:

Lawrence Neil Bonnett compiled 18 victories during his 18-year NASCAR career, and also appeared in the films Stroker Ace (1983), Days of Thunder (1990), and The Winner (2019). In the latter film, just released June 25th, he relayed a story of driving down in Hueytown, Alabama, where he passed a police officer with his car going sideways, all four tires smoking. He didn’t call his wife after getting taken downtown, but instead got Bobby Allison to bail him out.

When professional race car drivers drive their personal cars on the street, they bump Draft other drivers like at Dega or Daytona. At least that’s what I always thought, might be wrong
yep
Even the sport’s King, Richard Petty, hasn’t been able to escape the long arm of the law. In 1996, he rear-ended a slower car in the left lane of Interstate 85 after the driver, James Rassette, wouldn’t move out of the way.

and then we have Neil Bonnett :laugh:

Lawrence Neil Bonnett compiled 18 victories during his 18-year NASCAR career, and also appeared in the films Stroker Ace (1983), Days of Thunder (1990), and The Winner (2019). In the latter film, just released June 25th, he relayed a story of driving down in Hueytown, Alabama, where he passed a police officer with his car going sideways, all four tires smoking. He didn’t call his wife after getting taken downtown, but instead got Bobby Allison to bail him out.

Id love to see that - the car going sideways with all 4 tires smoking as well as his face when his wife found out

Yeah Kurt went full Rambo on the cop. Probably would have gotten off or a small ticket if he didn't run his mouth. 60 in a 45 and he couldn't talk his way out of getting arrested? It doesn't look like anybody was with him though. I think this was in Busch's Punched Face period

NASCAR Star Kurt Busch Arrested for Reckless Driving​

The "Outlaw"

Fun topic.

NASCAR _WAS _ created out of the era of moonshine runners and brushes with the law were more common.

Life in the present can be difficult if you’re an Outlaw.

I think I saw Corey LaJoie tweet that he got pulled over heading to Daytona this year but I don't think it was anything crazy

Edit

I can't find it so it was someone else but I can't remember who

It was a Lexus LFA...a few years ago they put a roundabout on that road.

Just an idle thought. I know Jeff G and Danica have made commericals where they scare passengers, Deegan too. But somehow I cant see Kyle Bush in his toyota supra being content on the interstate to just drive 55.

What say you all?

and which if any driver is most likely/least likely to speed?
Not Jeff Burton!

Didnt Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart get in trouble for racing rental cars down in Florida around 1999-2000?

A buck twenty-eight in Hambone's LFA in the hands of a NASCAR driver is still safe. One hell of a car.

A buck twenty-eight in Hambone's LFA in the hands of a NASCAR driver is still safe. One hell of a car.
Don't be "that guy"

Many are still angry because the road Busch was driving on, with his wife Samantha in the car, is a narrow, two lane stretch of curving road, and is littered with driveways.

Don't be "that guy"

Many are still angry because the road Busch was driving on, with his wife Samantha in the car, is a narrow, two lane stretch of curving road, and is littered with driveways.
Of course. "Many."

this is exactly how Cup drivers drive their street cars in their spare time to run errands and what not.

Still angry 10 years later?

Still angry 10 years later?
I'll make it simple enough so you can grasp it. That WAS a quote from 10 years ago. Here is the topic of the thread. Both of ya are a little slow on the uptake it appears.

Do cup drivers speed in their personal cars/scare passengers?​

I'll make it simple enough so you can grasp it. That WAS a quote from 10 years ago. Here is the topic of the thread. Both of ya are a little slow on the uptake it appears.

Do cup drivers speed in their personal cars/scare passengers?​

I'd prefer you didn't patronize me.

Neither of us are slow.

I'd prefer you didn't patronize me.

Neither of us are slow.
likewise, here is the article so there won't be any more confusion

Back
Top Bottom