Do you attend local short track races?

Do you attend local short track races?

• The nearest track is more than an hour away and I do not attend.

• The nearest track is more than an hour away but I attend at least once a year.

• The nearest track is within an hour's drive and I attend 5 or more times a year.

• The nearest track is within an hour's drive and I attend 4 or fewer times a year.

• The nearest track is less than an hour away but I do not attend

Results are only viewable after voting.
I live in Oregon. Everything is further apart in the west. I'm not sure if the "hour away" distinction is relevant, unless you want to separate people who attend non-local short tracks. I have one dirt track that is 50 minutes away, but I prefer others that are farther away. I attend one that is about 1.5 hours away many times per year, and one that is 2.5 hours away a couple times. Others sporadically, a few pavement events here and there but not every year.

Dirt short track racing is my favorite form of motorsports, far and away.

I haven't been, but I will be going to the WoO race this Tuesday and plan to go back again.

Over 40 short track races a year for me. Dirt, asphalt, doesn't matter. I love racing.

Yep

There’s a track about 10 minutes up the road from me. Outlaws will be coming through in July, can’t wait.

I attended more than 50 events a year, but got out of the cycle raising a special needs child.
Local short track racing is were my best racing memories remain.

Yeah I’m blessed. We go to Eldora a few times a year, Toledo for ARCA, and Attica and Fremont for our local sprint car/late model fix

Before this year, the closest I have been to the local track was 40 minutes. Now I am within 15 minutes, so I"m sure I will go to at least 5. I have been to 2 of the first 4 weekly races so far.

To find decent racing we have to travel at least two and a half hours, (Stockton Ca.) and will drive eight hours again this year. (Irwindale Ca.) We will probably hit eight races this year. The poll said over an hour, but I thought you should know how much over an hour we drive, to see good quality short track racing.

Not in the POLL

The nearest short track 3/8th mile is over 1.5 hour's drive and I attend all the SLM races there.
Uh, second option: "The nearest track is more than an hour away but I attend at least once a year."

Reactions: sdj
I'm fortunate that I live within an hour's drive of several race tracks - so I can be picky about what shows I'll attend. Oddly enough, I rarely attend the closest track to me because I don't like their show. I have several more tracks that are over an hour away that I'll go to instead of going to that close one.

Too bad you didn't have an option about not only attending a track to watch, but also to race. Maybe a future poll...

Back
Top Bottom