Dodge returning

Whiskyb

Team Owner
It looks pretty much all over except for the announcement that Tony's new NHRA team will be running a dodge. Anyone care to speculate as per when/if his cup team joins them as well

Reactions: Pat
Ive seen where Tony wanted more control in the engine dept from Ford but was denied. Mopar might be more flexible. I personally would love to see there return

Penske took on a lot when he went with Dodge. He had to make the motors, add a machine shop, employees, the whole works. It wouldn't be like adding a Ford, Chevy or Toyota team who already had all that in place.

Ive seen where Tony wanted more control in the engine dept from Ford but was denied. Mopar might be more flexible. I personally would love to see there return
That could be in the Sprint car area. Ford came out with a Sprint car motor that didn't exactly set the world on fire. I don't know if they forced Tony and his sprint teams to run them or if it was his choice, but Ford would be stupid if they didn't listen to his input.

I poked fun @Robert J Sublett with most of the rest of you.

There will never be a better time for a 4th manufacturer to join the circus. An operating race team with four chartered cars would be a good place to start.

I poked fun @Robert J Sublett with most of the rest of you.

There will never be a better time for a 4th manufacturer to join the circus. An operating race team with four chartered cars would be a good place to start.
That at the going rate would be handing them 48 million if it was a gift..that would probably work, but is that realistic?

It certainly is weird that SHR which is the 1a/1b team with a Ford Performance car, to run Dodge with one of their owners of SHR.

Maybe there is smoke? I don’t know

That at the going rate would be handing them 48 million if it was a gift..that would probably work, but is that realistic?
I don’t mean to imply that somehow the charters would accrue to Dodge. Property of the team.

Chartered cars, proper facilities, current simulation hardware and software, valuable Human Resources, etc. make a better jumping off point for a new entrant.

I'd be excited about the return of this.

5249e9cd290b2.image.jpg

I just see it hard for it to make any sense for any new manufacturer to join nascar prior to the new engine. I mean who wants to spend the money developing a new engine only to throw it away in a year or two? So I guess the real question is when are we getting the new engine?

I just see it hard for it to make any sense for any new manufacturer to join nascar prior to the new engine. I mean who wants to spend the money developing a new engine only to throw it away in a year or two? So I guess the real question is when are we getting the new engine?
What new engine? Are you talking about electric assist?

eh, I think the electric is an add on, they have already designed for the electric part. Until I hear differently I think I will go with that. I'm not positive I am reading that correctly, but I think I will go with it for now.

“The first step with hybrid will be relatively easy in the sense that the combustion engine stays the same, the driveline stays the same; well, the transaxle in the rear, you can put on electric motor to drive back there and a modest battery — and boom, you’ve got a hybrid.

Dodge is crap. I will never buy another Chrysler product in my life.

• Love
Reactions: sdj
Doesn't matter what Car manufacturer you buy, parts come from same parts manufacturer. Spec tolerances could be the deciding factor in where parts are shipped.
The dealer's reputation is more important along with Manufacturers warranty.

Doesn't matter what Car manufacturer you buy, parts come from same parts manufacturer. Spec tolerances could be the deciding factor in where parts are shipped.
The dealer's reputation is more important along with Manufacturers warranty.

Cars fail because of design flaws. Cheap gaskets, plastic components, etc. Poor decisions by the automakers.

Hard to blame the specific parts when the auto manufacturers are calling for them.

Stop by a transmission shop and ask about them. I know everyone by us that has tried plowing snow with them has given up and went to Ford or chevy
For snow plowing you need a heavy duty vehicle, I know that stock F150s have tranny problems when plowing (also inexperienced drivers can cause truck problems).

For snow plowing you need a heavy duty vehicle, I know that stock F150s have tranny problems when plowing (also inexperienced drivers can cause truck problems).
Everyone I know uses at least a 3/4 for plowing. Ram still have the same problems. They've never been able to build a decent transmission.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Stop by a transmission shop and ask about them. I know everyone by us that has tried plowing snow with them has given up and went to Ford or chevy

I haven't plowed snow in SoCal, but I have taken it up the mountains to the snow a couple times. Owned an 04' Ram for over 17 years now and never had any major problems including transmission (have never changed my transmission fluid!), used it for heavy towing boat on long trips and generally thrashed it in my younger days, but overall taken good care with synthetic oil changes and the preferred 89 octane, 5.7L Hemi is a quality engine, she's been a good truck. Guess I'm easy on my equipment ;) or I just got lucky.

Go to a jobsite or a construction zone and look what builders, contractors, supervisors drive as their personal vehicles. You'll see more Chevrolet/GMC pickups than anything else. There's a reason for that.

Go to a jobsite or a construction zone and look what builders, contractors, supervisors drive as their personal vehicles. You'll see more Chevrolet/GMC pickups than anything else. There's a reason for that.

Chevy group think? jk but yeah if I rolled up on a job site I would automatically expect to see primarily Chevy Silverado's and Ford F-_50's, with the occasional Toyota Tundra and Dodge Ram sprinkled in. My guess would be that most company vehicles for that line of work are primarily Chevy's and Ford's, so if they have had a good experience then they would venture down that road with what they know for their own personal vehicle, plus if they already like the brand.

If there is a reason outside of that, like they have less problems as a whole? use more quality parts? then I would like to hear.

In my limited experience, they all are capable of having problems, and much of that goes to the care and use of the vehicle, if harsh conditions etc.

Ooooo, I love truck brand trash talking. What do you define as "best?"

I look for dependability, resale value and ease of maintenance. And for those reasons I don't consider dodge the best.

Somewhat similar to yours, life of the vehicle dependability, quality performance, power ability to tow, interior cabin spaciousness comfort, functionality.

One of the big reasons of why I like the Ram is it's an exclusive primary focus for Dodge.

17+ years of vehicle life and still going, I would say I've got my money's worth, and that's mostly all I care about when defining who's best.

My boss had two 2010 Dodge Rams for towing and plowing and they were pretty bad. Nothing major ever...but bad sensors, exhaust issues, suspension parts wearing out premature, frames rotting out. One of them was down on power considerably at 150k miles.

Chevy group think? jk but yeah if I rolled up on a job site I would automatically expect to see primarily Chevy Silverado's and Ford F-_50's, with the occasional Toyota Tundra and Dodge Ram sprinkled in. My guess would be that most company vehicles for that line of work are primarily Chevy's and Ford's, so if they have had a good experience then they would venture down that road with what they know for their own personal vehicle, plus if they already like the brand.

If there is a reason outside of that, like they have less problems as a whole? use more quality parts? then I would like to hear.

In my limited experience, they all are capable of having problems, and much of that goes to the care and use of the vehicle, if harsh conditions etc.

In the building industry where trucks are used for work, Chevy/GMC seems to hold up the best as a whole. Performance, toughness, reliability. It's all subjective of course, but that seems to be the preference in my experiences.

But you're right, they all have their problems and a lot of it comes down to care. Generally speaking, I don't think there's much of a difference from one brand to another nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom