Does Jeff Gordon even care anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Just when we thought this thread was dead it raised it's head.

Yeah, beating a dead horse, I know. I thought this was a cool stat though.

Gordon currently has an average finish of 6.8 on the season, which is behind only his 5.7 average finish for 1998. The only other seasons he averaged a Top 10 are 1995 (9.5), 1996 (9.5), 1997 (9.6), and 2007 (7.3).

Yeah, beating a dead horse, I know. I thought this was a cool stat though.

Gordon currently has an average finish of 6.8 on the season, which is behind only his 5.7 average finish for 1998. The only other seasons he averaged a Top 10 are 1995 (9.5), 1996 (9.5), 1997 (9.6), and 2007 (7.3).

If there was no crazy playoff system.. I'd say we have an 80%(2007) chance of winning the title.. lol Nice!

If not though... Definitely a bridesmaid year.

Why are you people talking about Jeff winning a race when he couldn't care less?

He's not going to care into a win. ;)

It will be a freak win like back in 2009 when Joey got his first win while wrecking and doing anything but being competitive and then WAM rains comes and hands him the win with a wrecked and broken car.

He's not going to care into a win. ;)

It will be a freak win like back in 2009 when Joey got his first win while wrecking and doing anything but being competitive and then WAM rains comes and hands him the win with a wrecked and broken car.

lol You recite Logano's first win like it was yesterday. Must have been painful for you to watch.

Some lessons Jeff taught us Saturday.

In spite of being forced to race Jeff remains a very generous giving person.
1. He allowed Jimmies future chase crew to really demonstrate their potential at Richmond. They should be primed and ready for JJs chase after the next Richmond race.

2. Jeff drove fast in spite of not caring, the natural grace and speed oozeicateds itself effortlessly, and he almost won the thing without even trying.

3.When his crew accidentally beat Junior out on the last pit stop he yeilded the postion. Even when engaged in an unpleasant task or occupation he remains mr friendly on the track.

I am thinking Jeff gets more hallmark cards and wonderful trinkets during the Christmas season than any of the other drivers. Probably more than Tony, Brad, and Marcos combined.

lol You recite Logano's first win like it was yesterday. Must have been painful for you to watch.

Unfortunately, I do remember it like it was yesterday. Specially when Jeff was first in line to win that race. :mad:

Yup.. that's good for the spot right behind everyone who wins :)
Points positions going into the first chase race doesn't matter. No more bonus points. It's where you come out. It'll all change as soon as the weather heats up anyway. You'll see guys like Stewart and Biffle come out of their shell.

Points positions going into the first chase race doesn't matter. No more bonus points. It's where you come out. It'll all change as soon as the weather heats up anyway. You'll see guys like Stewart and Biffle come out of their shell.
Not true... they give bonus points for wins in the first (and maybe second) round of the chase. So the regular season winners have a bit of an advantage coming in. I still expect wins from a bunch of guys really. Kenseth, JJ, Stewart, Hamlin, Kahne and Biffle just to name a few.

Not true... they give bonus points for wins in the first (and maybe second) round of the chase. So the regular season winners have a bit of an advantage coming in. I still expect wins from a bunch of guys really. Kenseth, JJ, Stewart, Hamlin, Kahne and Biffle just to name a few.
3 points extra per win in 2014 instead of 10. Hell, that can be made up on pit road. Not much of an advantage imo

Jeff likes using a telescope these days.

Somewhere over the rainbow, on a wonderful distant planet they probably don't race cars.

I never said it was...just pointing it out... And what do u mean in stead of 10?
NASCAR granted 10 bonus points towards the chase per win in the regular season since 2007. Catch up rookie you're falling behind.

NASCAR granted 10 bonus points towards the chase per win in the regular season since 2007. Catch up rookie you're falling behind.
Yeah when it was 5 points a position... that's actually less than it is now comparatively. Catch up on ur math, student.

Last edited:
Yeah when it was 5 points a position... that's actually less than it is now comparatively. Catch up on ur math student.
It was utilized when each position was 1 point as well. 2007-2013.

Math? No thanks I'm in advertising.

I said since 2007. That includes 2011.
Can you not ******* comprehend English up there, eh? **** off troll

Okay well sorry if I believe jayski over you.... not "since" 2007.. since 2011... which doesn't include 2007. I know math isn't ur subject.... but you cant even follow a timeline?

Okay well sorry if I believe jayski over you.... not "since" 2007.. since 2011... which doesn't include 2007. I know math isn't ur subject.... but you cant even follow a timeline?
How about this timeline...

NASCAR has given 10 bonus points towards the chase since 2007. That is where the "since 2007" comes into play. Only recently did they revamp the points system to the 1:43 system. Still though, to my knowledge, they still gave 10 chase bonus points in the first few years of the 1:43 system. Now in 2014 they only award 3 points per win towards the chase and still have the 1:43 system.

How about this timeline...

NASCAR has given 10 bonus points towards the chase since 2007. That is where the "since 2007" comes into play. Only recently did they revamp the points system to the 1:43 system. Still though, to my knowledge, they still gave 10 chase bonus points in the first few years of the 1:43 system. Now in 2014 they only award 3 points per win towards the chase and still have the 1:43 system.
Im pretty sure once they did 1:43 it was immediately changed to 3 points per win. Which is actually 33% more points per position. 3 points would be 15 under the old system 10 points is only 2/3 of that... u know? Am I startin to make sense here yet?

Were talking about bonus points entering the chase right? Lol Because from 2007-2011 the race winning driver was awarded 15 more points than second which would equal the 3 points from today... is that what ur thinking of maybe?

Gordon's keepers are relegating him to play a child's game of follow the leader instead of racing.

#freejeffgordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom