Doonies 3, your introduction to how Monster markets motorsports

Will trotting out bolted-on tits and introducing heat races and caution clocks be enough to turn NASCAR around? Stay tuned!

Reading between the lines it sounds like Monster told Nascar a while back that they would given them 20 million a year for 2 years with a 2 year option and they could take it or leave it. Nascar laughed at the dollars and term and said "no thanks" only to have no one step with anything better. After waiting until the 11th hour they went back to Monster and asked if the deal they offered was still available.

Thanks for the link as it was an interesting read. IDK what the Monster lifestyle is but I will probably stick with my own for now.
They definitely cater to a younger crowd...but that being said I'm about to turn 61 and I have a great time at a Monster event. I was at one last weekend and I will be at one next weekend.

That's hilarious, but I actually would be fine with the parties and girls atmosphere marketing if what was under that surface was hard fought genuine racing and competition, which can take many forms. I am in the camp that agrees that NASCAR's presentation has been staid and way too safe. So they can bring on all the marketing gimmicks and attitude they want, they just need smart racing people to guide the actual competition. That's what is lacking.

It sounds like Monster will have no alternative but to sell the sizzle and not the steak this year as with so much already being in place for 2017 and them not having a plan as yet T&A may rule the day.

That's hilarious, but I actually would be fine with the parties and girls atmosphere marketing if what was under that surface was hard fought genuine racing and competition, which can take many forms. I am in the camp that agrees that NASCAR's presentation has been staid and way too safe. So they can bring on all the marketing gimmicks and attitude they want, they just need smart racing people to guide the actual competition. That's what is lacking.
If there was genuine racing and competition, would there be any need for booze and bimbos to attract attention? If the racing sucks, will booze and bimbos still draw an audience to the track on race weekends?

'No' to both.

Have you been to a dega infield party?
I can honestly say I'd rather have my teeth cleaned. It takes less time, is quieter, I'm not going to encounter any obnoxious drunks, and I'm likely to prefer whatever taste is left in my mouth.

I had that attitude about 'partying' when I was the age of Monster's target demographic.

Back
Top Bottom