Down But Not Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 71Fan+Oct 24 2003, 04:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (71Fan @ Oct 24 2003, 04:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Gollum@Oct 24 2003, 07:50 AM
Oh but the spirit of SilverRam rises again.
Help me out here Gollum...

What you talking about Willis? :D [/b][/quote]
I thought you were here when SilverRam came on the board. He was a Troll poster that came on after the Busch and Spencer thing. He stired up a big stink and finely got put in the corner I sorta made my post as a joke because the past has been brought back to life. :lol:

ahhh, I see. And yea, a lot of folks got tired or yakking about the Busch/Spencer deal real quick with very few imo actually considering the entire sequence of events that led up to Jimmy's suspension, or their own prejudices when it comes to this or that driver being what some think of as reckless and overly agressive on the part of others when it's their fave in the wall or just good hard-nosed driving when it's their fave that's putting the bumper to someone.

Kinda like the perception that Todd Bodine is a wreck waiting to happen. He's crashed out of 7 Cup (and no Busch races) this year, along with Sadler while Mears has done it 6 time and Jarrett and Spencer 5 each. Last year Todd only crashed out of 3 in Cup and 3 in Busch, but it's Todd that carries the mantle of Crash-O-Matic while others are not even mentioned.

As far as Busch/Spencer being in the past, I don't think so. Their feud will continue to have enormous impact on both NASCAR and their respective careers.

Originally posted by majestyx+Oct 24 2003, 08:36 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Oct 24 2003, 08:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--71Fan@Oct 24 2003, 08:31 AM
.........To compare Jimmy Spencer to a wild animal is laughable and has no place in a serious conversation.......
71fan, just a slight correction. That statement, if that's what you call it, was made by Brand X Guy. Not Whizzer. [/b][/quote]
You yell about letting it go and then take a cheap shot? Nice.

The Busch and Spencer ordeal took place some 6 weeks ago. Busch and Spencer both have done moved on to other things. Shouldn't this board move on also.

I am at a loss as to why some folks are hoping to stifle converstion re Busch/Spencer. It is an episode that will go down in racing as a defining moment in both their careers. Jimmy's last notable act as a racer, and Kurt's turning point on his road to maturity. I mean if anybody is so dead set against yakking about it, is it really that hard to simply not respond?

Kurt Busch is here to stay. People will be yakking Busch/Spencer for years to come. As the facts come out and emotions die down, history will show that Jimmy was the one that not only started it but that in letting his frustrations boil over he sealed his fate as a perenial backmarker.

I dout that this will be talked about no more than any other pounch that has been thrown. I saw a tape one time where D. Waltrip ran down and punched someone sitting in a car, Even that is still spoken of once in a blue moon.But if you want to belive that that was a major turning point for Busch and Spencer. Then you go ahead. You have your opinion. So I have said enought.

Yes it was Michael Waltrip who socked Lake Speed. I think it was in 95.

It was Mike and Lake. Can't remember the year though.

In the early nineties...maybe '92 at the Daytona 500, Bobby Hillin and Kyle Petty got into it pretty bad too.

and we cant forget.... Cale Yarborough and Bobby and Donnie Allison dueling it out in the 1979 Daytona 500.

Just my point. It's been done before and will be done again.Busch/ Spencer just added another page to the Nascar story book. Its no biggie.Did make good headlines for a few days. :D

Of course we dont wish it upon any driver and we all hope it never happens again. However, rivalries and alliances among the drivers are common, and it's no surprise some of these rivalries can get out of hand sometimes and spill from the track over to the outside.

But of course, that 1979 Daytona 500 fight between Yarborough and the Allisons did introduce NASCAR to millions around the country. It maybe bad for the drivers but its good PR for those execs at NASCAR.

Originally posted by 97forever@Oct 24 2003, 06:46 PM
It was Mike and Lake. Can't remember the year though.

In the early nineties...maybe '92 at the Daytona 500, Bobby Hillin and Kyle Petty got into it pretty bad too.
Never heard that I recall a thing about either. Probably just a not in the loop west coast thing.

Although I do remember the first time Lake came to Riverside and yakking with him over the fence in the esses about what to do if he slid off two.. Hit the gas and get back on between four and five :D

Yeah. I always did like Lake...remember when he drove for Yates briefly in the mid-nineties? Ran pretty good in the #28. Had a top five or two, I think.

But how many of those were sucker punches?

That's the difference and always will be. One thing for a couple guys to square off on level ground and quite another to attack a guy strapped in to his seat.

Mike sucker punched Lake. No doubt Mr. Excrement sucker punched Kurt as well. Whether one thinks it justified or not,it was a pure sucker punch.

Petty and Hillin went at it in the grass one on one---with Bobby doing a little retreating. I swear I am sure this was in '92.

Didn't Biffle sucker punch someone sitting in a car in one Busch race. A sucker punch is a sucker punch no matter who does it.

True. It makes no difference. Biffle did hit one of the Sauters while he was strapped in his car. I forgot about the Busch series.

Originally posted by Gollum@Oct 24 2003, 05:57 PM
The Busch and Spencer ordeal took place some 6 weeks ago. Busch and Spencer both have done moved on to other things. Shouldn't this board move on also.
Are ya sure you really think the board should move on, or do ya really just want to get the last word?

I'm confused. For a thread that you apparently would rather see die, you sure do keep posting to it.

My last post about Busch and Spencer was something about Just added another page to the book. My last post was about Biffle. I am on another page now. Oh ypu can have the last word. No big deal. I am fixing to pull the plug on this thing anyway. :D

You are?

My oh my well ain't that just special.

Are you a moderator?

Cause if you are and that's how this forum is run now days....Mods pulling threads cause they don't want to see something discussed...... there is a very good chance I'll not be posting here again.

I have a feeling that Gollum was referring to his computer when he said he was pulling the plug. Not this, or any other, thread for that matter.

No No No.you misunderstood. I am not a Mod. I ment I was pulling the plug on my computer and going to bed. Got a long day tommorrow. So talk to you all later.

Would be no need to pull the tread. It's two people stating their opinions. Neither one are mad or cussing each other. No big deal.

This makes me nostalgic for the days when me and Bowtie did this! Man,those were simpler times! Goodnight all you forum folks! Be good to each other. :cheers:

Originally posted by Gollum@Oct 24 2003, 07:50 PM
Would be no need to pull the tread. It's two people stating their opinions. Neither one are mad or cussing each other. No big deal.
Well there ya go again sounding like a moderator. Who are you to say what should or should not be allowed here?

What's a guys sposed to think?

Hello, I've been reading this thread and it seems everyone has had their say about this situation. So,'m closing this thread. Continuing this will serve no purpose other than to stir the pot . Jimmy and Kurt have moved on, so must we. There is no use in beating a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom