Dr. Grubb

R

rpmallen

Jayski is reporting that Kevin Grubb has left the #54 Toys'r'Us team and left for the #26 Dr. Pepper team that Ron Hornaday vacated.

I think Kevin Grubb has a tremendous amount of talent, but hasn't been able to show his full potential yet. He reminds me a lot like Casey Atwood, who's another young driver that you know can drive but hasn't had the best few seasons lately. I hope Kevin Grubb and Carroll Racing make a good match and turn some heads this season.

Meanwhile, that leaves the #54 team w/o a driver. Both of it's drivers have left that team b/c of behind-the-scenes financial problems that involved the team skimming money off the top of what they were getting from their sponsor. But an open ride is an open ride, the only question is will Rick Goodwin hire a rookie, or will he pick from the expanding group of veterans w/o a ride?

Thats good for Grubb, i liked him and think the 26 car will be better for him.

I wonder if Debroh Renshaw might be back in the running for the 54 car, she was suppose to drive it before Grubb and Tos R Us decided not to go to cup this year.

The 26 team is also gonna switch to Dodge for this next season.

Dodge must be putting up some big time dollars, there seems to have been a mass exodus from all makes over to Dodge!

Good luck to Kevin, I hope he does well!

Kel

Renshaw left for the same reason Grubb did, so I doubt you will see her go back to that team.

I didn't hear about the #26 becoming a Dodge. How many Dodge teams are there going to be next year in the Busch series, now?

Well the 3 that were in there in 2002 (36, 40, and 66) non of them have sponsors, so its hard to say if they will run full time again or not? But the #1 car is to a Dodge and i did not hear that the #26 was going to Dodge but thats cool if they do. My bet is there will be a couple more full time Dodge teams that we don't know of yet. Christain F. will be driving a Dodge in his 12 or so races.

BGNracing was where I got the #26 to Dodge info

"Grubb will replace Ron Hornaday at Carroll Racing, which is also making the switch to Dodges for 2003. (12-31-02) (Winston Cup Scene)

I dont know how many in the Busch series, I was thinking in terms of Cup and Busch when I made the comment.

Kel

Back
Top Bottom