Drakkar Noir crew challenge hits NYC

Actually, the $137 sounds about right. The shipping on my sheet metal was $50. That hood will require a lot more box and wrapping than mine.

That shipping cost had better include the insurance, too.

Hmmm, you think so? Don't know about insurance. Good question. I found other auctions on eBay that charge little to nothing for shipping, but he claims it exceeds the size that UPS will allow. Who knows?...

I still saw Dale Jr. today, and he's still hot as hell! ;) :FIREdevil

Wow! Great pics, abooja! :D Sorry you didn't get to meet Jr :( but he did look at you! :)

Originally posted by ParkHere
Wow! Great pics, abooja! :D  Sorry you didn't get to meet Jr :( but he did look at you! :)

Thanks, PH!! I like to humor myself by thinking that he did. Stranger things have happened! ;) :)

I'm pretty sure that I don't believe you on that one. I'm sure that they would brighten up my day. And if you don't believe that then you and me will just have to :argue: about it and then I'll end up :takethat: upside your head and then you'll have a welp on your head to match the black eye that I gave you last week and you'll have to run around N.Y. with a :anon: over your head. Then you'd be :grrrr: at me and I wouldn't get any :itslove: so my day would be ruined because I'd be sent home:bawling:.

:calpping:

You are a true goofball, B.C. Gotta love that! :D

However, if you're interested in a physical battle anytime soon, I think I'm up for the challenge.

You're not, like, a really big, brawny guy, are you? :sketchy:

On a related note, it seems NASCAR is doing a pretty good deed for the FDNY:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/3825135.htm

NASCAR donates driving simulators to FDNY
By ANDREA SZULSZTEYN
The Associated Press

NEW YORK - The city is getting help to speed up the Fire Department and EMS from a perfect source: NASCAR.

The auto racing league donated four driving simulators to the FDNY to train fire and ambulance drivers in hopes of reducing response times and accidents. The FDNY will become the first municipal fire and emergency medical response program in the country to use simulators to train drivers.

"The city of New York means so much not just to NASCAR but to everyone," NASCAR president Mike Helton said Thursday. "After Sept. 11, we wanted to do something."

He was joined by four-time Winston Cup champion Jeff Gordon, Fire Commissioner Nicholas Scoppetta and other FDNY officials at a ceremony in front of the FDNY Engine 23 firehouse.

NASCAR, which does not use simulators to train race drivers, donated about $700,000 to help build the machines.

The FDNY is scheduled to receive them in February 2003, and they will go to Randall's Island, home of the FDNY's training facility, and Fort Totten in Queens, home of the EMS training facility.

Scoppetta said the FDNY has looked into buying simulators before but never had enough funding.

"This is going to be a terrific training tool," Scoppetta said. "It recreates the driving experience from the interior of the cab - the switches and conditions you might encounter."

Scoppetta tried the demonstration simulator with Gordon's help, and was impressed with its features.

The simulators are different - two are full-scale, motion-based machines. They are a fully interactive environment, one of which is designed to simulate New York City's challenges, including crosswalk signals and pedestrians.

The machines also recreate what it's like to drive at night or in fog or rain.

"They're getting experience behind the wheel without going on the streets," Gordon said. "It makes it safer for them."

Way to go NASCAR, use all that money that you have for a good cause.:calpping:

Physical contact eh......humm......:booya: :p

Your on Jaboo. I'll battle ya.:soldier: And I'd even let you have the first move. Then I'll pounce on you and make you beg for mercy.:FIREdevil Then we'll see who is :bawling:.

No, I'm not big and brawny. I run about 6'3" 210. My momma put me together well.:satisfied Now let me guess, your about 5'6" 115. Kinda like a little munchkin.:lol2:

I'll probably pay for guessing weight.:sketchy:

I'm gonna need to see your license and registration BC. Gonna issue you a ticket for excessive smilies.

Wow, you're 6'3" and 210 and you don't consider that big?! I'm sure you could make mincemeat of me. :takethat: :(

Of course, I'm really fast, strong, and perhaps sneaky enough to suckerpunch you once or twice. :D Might get in some good licks before I'm knocked unconscious. (Perhaps a poor choice of words...)

I'm 5'7" but, being a typical woman, would never tell you my weight! Suffice it to say that I'm not at all insulted by your guess. ;)

Ahhhh.....damn. I knew I'd get caught if I kept straying on the wrong side of the law.:gavel:

You might say the same for me, Paul. :eek:

I hope this last article doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I think what NASCAR is doing for NYC is extremely cool. I wonder if it made any of our papers today? I'll have to check...

Ahhhh....yes......a little bit of perfection walking around in N.Y.:lovewow:

Suckerpunch eh? I see what I'm dealing with now.;) I'd never knock ya out, I'd just hold you down and make you tell me how great of a driver that Jeff Gordon is and how bad of a driver Dale Jr. is.:nyanya:And if you didn't then I'd have to tickle you until begged for forgiveness.

6'3" 210 isn't that big. Now 6'5" 280 is BIG. I just consider myself kinda tall, not really big. Besides, I still have my cat like reflexes so I couldn't be that big.:yeehaw:

Jaboo, you should repost that article on its own thread. It deserves more attention that it'll get on this thread.

You don't have to hold me down for me to admit that Jeff Gordon is a great race car driver. :) It might be fun, though... :p

Good idea. I think I will repost that article. Hope Paul doesn't mind...

What about the Dale Jr. is not a good driver part?;) That'll probably take some work.:hyper:

Oh, that'll take a whole lot of work, B.C. Better pump some iron first. ;)

Hey, didn't want anyone to miss out on these fine photos! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom