Driscoll indicted.

Believe it or not, there was an equation citing business services, where he was in his career pre vs post dating her, hours invested on his brand, etc. It was weird. And also very telling.

Gold digging AND extortion...what a piece of work. I can imagine she'll write her own OITNB style book (hey business is business).

Patricia Driscoll may well be a scumbag who felt entitled to freely skim from her charity's funds to enrich herself. Unfortunately this isn't exactly rare, and misuse of charity resources for personal benefit is something that many, many celebrities, athletes, and politicians (like say both of the current major party presidential candidates) have been accused of. Unfortunately some of these prominent people find ways to rationalize and justify the behavior. She should be prosecuted appropriately.

Kurt Busch may also still have or have had severe anger problems that could lead to violence and / or abuse. We don't know, and Ms. Driscoll being prosecuted for financial fraud doesn't disprove or prove anything about Kurt Busch.

Sorry, that's not how it works. Why would that happen? She stole funds from a charity she headed, so her ex-boyfriend is entitled to proceeds from books she wrote?

Maybe if we actually cared about the stolen charity funds, we would hope that THE CHARITY will sue her and recoup some money it lost.

This has nothing to do with to do with Driscoll accusing Kurt of anything so why weave it in to a post about her being a scumbag?

Lol...no need to apologize!!!! I mean, the whole thing was absolutely nuts and loopy. If I followed it from the outside, I would have thought that both deserved to be put into a rocket ship and blasted into outer space for good. Lunatics.

But...I was on the inside. And I also thought she had killed people. She had pictures and weapons at her house, and she disappeared for days and came back with bits and pieces of a story. She talked about it all the time. It was just a part of who she was. Many people have thought the same about her. But...there's no way some random internet poster named "Allenbaba" is going to make anyone in our little NASCAR e-community believe that... so who cares! I couldn't make public 75% of what I knew anyway. I still can't. But, the good news is that everyone who knew her in real life knows how rotten she was. And what she planned on doing to Kurt. And the kind of tactics she used. And the amount of bridges she's burned, and wrong doings she was up to. Every one of us knew how this was going to end in the long run...so... here we are now.

For the record, this has been a wonderful & valuable lesson for me to go through and experience. Seeing (and knowing) what I saw happen behind the scenes, while then also seeing how things play out in the media and court of public opinion has been truly eye-opening. Perception was so different than reality. I don't EVER take things at face value any more. There is always more to a story than meets the eye. Sometimes, much more. I will never assume anything about anyone again, unless I know them or the sources personally. For that perspective I'm grateful.

My first clue that Patty was full of chit would have been the fact that she spoke of being an assassin and had pictures and weapons available for view at her house.

This has nothing to do with to do with Driscoll accusing Kurt of anything so why weave it in to a post about her being a scumbag?

I'm a little bit thrown by how to respond to that, because more than any other post in the thread, mine was essentially arguing that the two should have little to do with each other. I believe every single post up to mine indicated an intense dislike of Ms. Driscoll. Many said that she deserves this on some karmic level and that this represents vindication for Kurt Busch. I directly responded to a post that stated Kurt gets to say "I told you so." About what? Did Kurt allege that she was stealing from her charity?

Why is Driscoll relevant to the NASCAR community? Why are NASCAR fans so happy about this news? It doesn't seem to be because of their interest in military charities. I was pushing back against the idea that her misusing charity funds indicates anything about Kurt Busch. It seemed to me that every single other post prior to mine implied that it did. Does that make sense?

It isn't a reflection on you.

You can be sure of that.

Sorry, that's not how it works. Why would that happen? She stole funds from a charity she headed, so her ex-boyfriend is entitled to proceeds from books she wrote?
The proceeds are assets and any assets can be seized for payment.

The proceeds are assets and any assets can be seized for payment.

I probably came across snarkier than I should have. It's just that nothing involving this case brought against her establishes any grounds for Kurt Busch to sue her. He would have to sue her for libel / slander, and the bar for proving defamation in court is quite high. Technically it would be very difficult, and realistically there is no way he wants that stuff drug back up in the media.

Why is Driscoll relevant to the NASCAR community? Why are NASCAR fans so happy about this news? It doesn't seem to be because of their interest in military charities. I was pushing back against the idea that her misusing charity funds indicates anything about Kurt Busch. It seemed to me that every single other post prior to mine implied that it did. Does that make sense?

She was involved in dragging NASCAR through the mud in front of a huge national audience. She abused and manipulated NASCAR, motorsports media, and imo, Kurt Busch....

NASCAR is my sport. I kindof took all that personally. As weird as that might be.

Patricia Driscoll may well be a scumbag who felt entitled to freely skim from her charity's funds to enrich herself. Unfortunately this isn't exactly rare, and misuse of charity resources for personal benefit is something that many, many celebrities, athletes, and politicians (like say both of the current major party presidential candidates) have been accused of. Unfortunately some of these prominent people find ways to rationalize and justify the behavior. She should be prosecuted appropriately.
Then there are those perfectly legal charities that spend 97% of donations on 'Operating Costs', with only 3% going to buy bulletproof vests or vaccine inoculations or whatever good work they claim they're doing.

Then there are those perfectly legal charities that spend 97% of donations on 'Operating Costs', with only 3% going to buy bulletproof vests or vaccine inoculations or whatever good work they claim they're doing.

That is the norm for many. I wonder how many driver charities have their wife (or relative) as the CEO and the wonderful salary that goes with it.

The Red Cross was paying their CEO 7 million + until it became published. She then dropped her salary to under 5 hundred thousand but her expenses shot up to 6 million +.

It's all just numbers but I know many people who have quit donating. After 40 years of supporting the Cancer Foundation, we also quit.

He did indicate wrong doing on her part to protect himself. That is what set the hounds on her tail.
In the spirit of accuracy, it wasn't really Kurt so much as every journalist in the garage knew what kind of person she was. And from a very early stage, saw all the evidence that supported a lie on her part. All it took was peeling back the first layer, and it was easy to see she had a history of doing this kind of stuff. Then Jerry Jordan of KickingTheTires.net started talking to some ex-AFF people, and the floodgates opened. ESPN contacted Jerry after his story, and even though they (ESPN) weren't the first domino, they were the most important, as it forced the IRS & FBI to investigate and (one day) convict. Not that they wouldn't have anyway, but there's a big difference between a person the IRS & FBI suspects is up to no good, and a person the IRS & FBI suspects is up to no good with a major news outlet letting the whole country know about her and what she's done. Tends to bring more pressure to act. (BTW, Steve Phelps & Steve O'Donnell sat on the AFF BOD while the president of the foundation used the funds as a personal bank account. I wouldn't say they're in the clear yet. Her biggest defense will be "the BOD never had a problem with any of this! I got approval!" I can almost guarantee at least one or two board members might be looking at some charges before this whole thing is done. Not sure about the Steves, but something to watch for.)

Just some anecdotal tidbits, Patricia's bank accounts are currently frozen because she hasn't paid her son's lawyer in her custody case. Also, she's currently suing Land Rover for a substantial amount of money under some Lemon Law. Both of those tidbits are public record that you can find on Maryland's judicial records page. What a wonderful human being.

In the spirit of accuracy, it wasn't really Kurt so much as every journalist in the garage knew what kind of person she was. And from a very early stage, saw all the evidence that supported a lie on her part. All it took was peeling back the first layer, and it was easy to see she had a history of doing this kind of stuff. Then Jerry Jordan of KickingTheTires.net started talking to some ex-AFF people, and the floodgates opened. ESPN contacted Jerry after his story, and even though they (ESPN) weren't the first domino, they were the most important, as it forced the IRS & FBI to investigate and (one day) convict. Not that they wouldn't have anyway, but there's a big difference between a person the IRS & FBI suspects is up to no good, and a person the IRS & FBI suspects is up to no good with a major news outlet letting the whole country know about her and what she's done. Tends to bring more pressure to act. (BTW, Steve Phelps & Steve O'Donnell sat on the AFF BOD while the president of the foundation used the funds as a personal bank account. I wouldn't say they're in the clear yet. Her biggest defense will be "the BOD never had a problem with any of this! I got approval!" I can almost guarantee at least one or two board members might be looking at some charges before this whole thing is done. Not sure about the Steves, but something to watch for.)

Just some anecdotal tidbits, Patricia's bank accounts are currently frozen because she hasn't paid her son's lawyer in her custody case. Also, she's currently suing Land Rover for a substantial amount of money under some Lemon Law. Both of those tidbits are public record that you can find on Maryland's judicial records page. What a wonderful human being.

Does Kurt keep up her freefall? or has he moved on totally?

It would have cost him $3 million. That was her ask.
Which given Kurtz situation at the time contrary to what most think. Was probably more than Kurt was willing to part with. Or maybe was even able to feasibly realistically part with without dong something really major to his finances . At the end do the day that may even be more than the take home pay for an entire season for a high paid driver. I suspect Kurt took a giant pay cut to drive for finch and I also think gene probably got a discount relative to talent level

Does Kurt keep up her freefall? or has he moved on totally?
Honestly, both. He doesn't have anything to do with it, and isn't proactive on gathering his own intel...but it would be impossible for him not to "keep up" with it, since a zillion people probably text him everything and anything having to do with her "freefall." I'd also be lying if I said he didn't care - he was clearly happy that more people were getting a peak behind the curtain at the kind of person we all know she is. I think we all are. Let's just say 95% of he and I's communication is done through texts or in person at track - Tuesday night was a phone call. I think it's safe to say he feels a bit vindicated, even if the two incidents are not related.

Speaking of vindicated...does anyone remember the picture of Vindicated wine she tweeted after she got the protection order? I received no less than 10 pictures from people drinking the exact same wine this week. It's safe to say that if/when she goes to jail, and if/when someone rents a bar to throw a celebration, there will still be a line around the corner to get in. I'm not exaggerating one bit. NASCAR/Kurt people, AFF people, Capital Hill people, neighborhood people, her kid's school moms & teachers, all her ex's close friends & family, blah blah blah, I have no idea how someone is capable of scorching the amount of earth she's scorched. The prison party would have to be held in an airplane hanger.

My first clue that Patty was full of chit would have been the fact that she spoke of being an assassin and had pictures and weapons available for view at her house.
Everyone always says that. And I always tell them the same thing - if you knew her, and her narcissistic attention driven personality, you'd believe she's the one secret mission person who did mention it.

I was married to a person who tried to do everything they could to me. when all this first happened and you can read my comments form back then even. I smelled a rat. The story just didn't seem right. in the midst of it all you had kurt who looked to be trying to be a dad to her son which further complicated the story. again all of it reminds me of what happened to me.

I'm a little bit thrown by how to respond to that, because more than any other post in the thread, mine was essentially arguing that the two should have little to do with each other. I believe every single post up to mine indicated an intense dislike of Ms. Driscoll. Many said that she deserves this on some karmic level and that this represents vindication for Kurt Busch. I directly responded to a post that stated Kurt gets to say "I told you so." About what? Did Kurt allege that she was stealing from her charity?

IMO Driscoll is relevant in the Nascar community due to causing Kurt Busch to be suspended from Nascar based solely on her say so. Kurt was never detained, or arrested or charged with any offenses yet was pilloried by the Gloria Allred's of the world. Nascar fans are happy that Driscoll has been found out to be a thief of the worst degree and someone that has lived a life of lies and deception as it shows her character and if she would steal from servicemen and women it is not a stretch to believe she lied about Kurt.

Everyone always says that. And I always tell them the same thing - if you knew her, and her narcissistic attention driven personality, you'd believe she's the one secret mission person who did mention it.

You have my trust so if you say that is how it was I believe you 100%. I feel bad for Driscoll's child and I also feel bad for her because she obviously has at minimum some personality disorders that need desperate attention. Regardless of what penalties she receives I hope she must allocute her transgressions for the record as I am sure her defense will be deny, deny, deny and also feigning ignorance.

IMO Driscoll is relevant in the Nascar community due to causing Kurt Busch to be suspended from Nascar based solely on her say so.

I disagree with the pressure exerted on sports leagues, businesses, etc. to take disciplinary action before allowing due process to play out. In my opinion he never should have been suspended, so I agree there. However, if I recall correctly, NASCAR's public rationale at the time was not merely her claims, but the preliminary decision that came out of family court granting her a protective order and stating in the decision that abuse was more likely than not to have occurred. Later court rulings were more in his favor and less in hers. We could argue over the merits of that initial court ruling, but to be fair that's what NASCAR cited as the reason for him to be suspended pending legal resolution.

I don't think that should have happened. I think suspensions, administrative leave, and the like are only appropriate when it is alleged that someone has engaged in misconduct on the job.

Skoalbandit33 said:
Nascar fans are happy that Driscoll has been found out to be a thief of the worst degree and someone that has lived a life of lies and deception as it shows her character and if she would steal from servicemen and women it is not a stretch to believe she lied about Kurt.

It is a stretch, in the same way that it was a stretch to say that Kurt's public displays of anger were indicative that he might be violent and abusive. We can suspect whatever we want based on other actions, but that's what they are. Suspicions and inferences drawn, not actual evidence.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom