dumb down nascar 2025 viewing

acmerocket

Team Owner
so what is going to take to watch all the cup,ifinity,trucks in 2025.
how many apps will we have to sign up for?, free? or how much?
can we record any of these?
will any races me on regular tv
iam old and just want to turn on the tv on and watch races,thanks

All of the Xfinity races will be on CW which is available with an antenna. The rest I don't pay enough attention to care, it's a cluster.

No you won't learn if I tell you. People seriously overcomplicate how hard this stuff is.

I mean, you didn’t have to download apps to watch races back in the day, so I get it. I have to explain some of these things to my dad, and I’m okay with that. Just because it’s straight forward for you doesn’t mean it’s that way for everyone. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: I somewhat misread/misunderstood your post. But still, I don’t see an issue with asking for help. We’d be somewhat clueless if it wasn’t for all our teachers.

I mean, you didn’t have to download apps to watch races back in the day, so I get it. I have to explain some of these things to my dad, and I’m okay with that. Just because it’s straight forward for you doesn’t mean it’s that way for everyone. 🤷‍♂️
For instance. You have to buy YouTube and now you have buy prime to watch the all the cup races. So I am supposed to be excited about padding some other billionaire's pocket? Anybody in their right mind think this will increase viewership?

For instance. You have to buy YouTube and now you have buy prime to watch the all the cup races. So I am supposed to be excited about padding some other billionaire's pocket? Anybody in their right mind think this will increase viewership?
You don’t have to but YouTube. If you already have cable TV.

I just recommended YouTube because it is the best option for “cable TV.”

But this contract NASCAR has signed will be detrimental to viewership in ways they can’t imagine. Half the schedule is exclusively on cable, and cable is dying fast.

i like to say my phone still has a dial on it.
but really i already pay for dish, cable,peacock and flo racing,so buying more sucks

Reactions: sdj
i like to say my phone still has a dial on it.
but really i already pay for dish, cable,peacock and flo racing,so buying more sucks
Okay, if you have Dish AND cable, you should be able to get Trucks on FS1 like you always have, and Xfinity on CW instead of FS1 and USA. Check your guide for the channel numbers.

Cup will still start the season on FOX and end on NBC / USA. In between will be Amazon streaming, and TNT on cable and Dish. So the only big change for you will be the five or six race on Amazon.

Apps? 🤷‍♂️
If it's not available on the $160/month cable then it is irrelevant and I'm not missing anything. I have enough projects. No sport is worth jumping through hoops.
I didn't miss any NFL thing last night by not being an Amazon Prime subscriber, even though I spend a few thousand dollars a year on Amazon. I'm not a follower. I use Amazon for cheaper prices when available. Nothing else.

Dumb question I’m sure, but who makes the money from this? It’s NASCAR, right? Money is obviously the factor as opposed to viewership. I can’t imagine they’re expecting many new fans from this deal. If they wanted viewers, they’d put the races on Fox and NBC.

Dumb question I’m sure, but who makes the money from this? It’s NASCAR, right? Money is obviously the factor as opposed to viewership. I can’t imagine they’re expecting many new fans from this deal. If they wanted viewers, they’d put the races on Fox and NBC.
The CW and TNT are the strongest aspects of this deal. TNT because of Max, and CW because it doesn’t cost a thing to watch those races.

Streaming for the win. Youtube TV, Peacock, Prime..... you won't miss anything. I also have Paramount, Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, Max, FloRacing, and who knows what else. Altogether I'm probably paying the same rate every month that the local cable company was charging me 10 years ago.

Roku makes it easy. I can switch between apps and find whatever I need to watch in a matter of seconds

As far as NASCAR is concerned, us old folks don't matter, in fact sometimes I think they would prefer that we all just dropped dead so they can concentrate on the hot demographic of the week.
Streaming for the win. Youtube TV, Peacock, Prime..... you won't miss anything. I also have Paramount, Netflix, Hulu, ESPN+, Max, FloRacing, and who knows what else. Altogether I'm probably paying the same rate every month that the local cable company was charging me 10 years ago.

Roku makes it easy. I can switch between apps and find whatever I need to watch in a matter of seconds
I wouldn't exactly call Roku easy. Yes, you have a million options on what to watch, but the way it is divided up among all the available "channels" it gets to be almost overwhelming. I spent 35 minutes the other night looking for a movie to watch before I went to bed. By the time I found something I was actually interested in that wasn't on an app I hadn't signed up for or that didn't cost extra, it was getting late and I just went to bed. With Fios, it only took me five minutes to decide there was nothing on worth watching.

As far as NASCAR is concerned, us old folks don't matter, in fact sometimes I think they would prefer that we all just dropped dead so they can concentrate on the hot demographic of the week.

I wouldn't exactly call Roku easy. Yes, you have a million options on what to watch, but the way it is divided up among all the available "channels" it gets to be almost overwhelming. I spent 35 minutes the other night looking for a movie to watch before I went to bed. By the time I found something I was actually interested in that wasn't on an app I hadn't signed up for or that didn't cost extra, it was getting late and I just went to bed. With Fios, it only took me five minutes to decide there was nothing on worth watching.
When I finally think I have found a movie worth watching, I select it and it tells me the movie isn't available but do I want to record it when it is available? It's the old B.S. that looks like you have a large selection, but you really don't.

Money is obviously the factor as opposed to viewership. I can’t imagine they’re expecting many new fans from this deal.
Amazon is expecting to add new subscribers. A percentage will try and like the other programming, and decide to stick around. Others, like me, will watch five races and cancel. And some will watch the races and forget to cancel.

It's the same reason broadcast networks would put some races on their sports outlets on cable - to get people to nag their cable companies to add those channels.

How are you getting the Amazon races?

Thanks.
I have an Amazon Prime account that I use for my business that if you have Prime, you get Prime Streaming and Prime Music. I get Peacock and HBO Max through Comcast. We use my SIL’s Netflix and they use our Disney Plus, which Plus is the only streaming I pay for. I have a good set up here, luckily I don’t miss much.

Back
Top Bottom