Eddie D'Hondt

I see where you're coming from on this. I live in a college town and a couple of football players were accused of something where they were suspended and their names released to the public. The whole thing was a rouse and charges were dropped. But the damages were done to these two young men. I reckon NASCAR has to draw the line somewhere.

The pro leagues these days are pretty quick to suspend when the arrest is for domestic violence. If there’s an arrest, there’s at least a presumption of probable cause - and that’s enough to support a suspension until more is learned.

His failure to report it doesn’t help his cause.

I wonder how serious it is/was. He's charged with two misdemeanors

I don't know what the domestic violence laws are in the state, but it is North Carolina, and our laws, when it comes to protecting women in general, are incredibly weak. Keep in mind that date rape was legal in this state until late 2019.

I don't know what the domestic violence laws are in the state, but it is North Carolina, and our laws, when it comes to protecting women in general, are incredibly weak. Keep in mind that date rape was legal in this state until late 2019.
Yeah that is one of the reasons I am wondering, it seems every state is different.

@Spotter22 : We may have asked this before, and I figure it varies from team to team, but are spotters employed by the teams or the drivers? Meaning are they actual say HMS employees, or an independent contractor that works directly for Chase (or other driver)? They way they're talking about Eddie failing to report this to HMS makes me think HMS employee.

The pro leagues these days are pretty quick to suspend when the arrest is for domestic violence. If there’s an arrest, there’s at least a presumption of probable cause - and that’s enough to support a suspension until more is learned.

His failure to report it doesn’t help his cause.
I always think being up front in a situation like this is best, but are they actually required to self report? I have no idea what's in the rules.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I always think being up front in a situation like this is best, but are they actually required to self report? I have no idea what's in the rules.

Imagine throwing a career with a championship team away over a jet ski rental...

That's confusing that a second charge was issued 2 weeks ago

I wonder what "required clothing" is for a jet ski?
He was missing a backwards ball cap with frayed material on the bill?

Edit: Probably wasn't wearing shoes or something that the rental company's insurance requires. I dunno

@Spotter22 : We may have asked this before, and I figure it varies from team to team, but are spotters employed by the teams or the drivers? Meaning are they actual say HMS employees, or an independent contractor that works directly for Chase (or other driver)? They way they're talking about Eddie failing to report this to HMS makes me think HMS employee.
I know "Fat Boy"; as I'm sure Spotter does, he was Blaneys motorcoach diver in the Xfinity series, besides being a spotter for several different drivers from different teams for many , many years...
The NASCAR community is a tight one ; everyone knows everyone, and work is spread around like butter on cornbread. Fatboy told me," work is work, everybodys money is green"..

I still can't even understand how that was legal in the first place, jebus .

He was missing a backwards ball cap with frayed material on the bill?

Edit: Probably wasn't wearing shoes or something that the rental company's insurance requires. I dunno
hell living on the lake as I do, I believe I have seen about every thing a person can wear on a jet ski. Backwards ball cap is the most popular by far :). Hell the big ones I believe you can drive them and hardly get wet. :idunno:. I could see if he decided he wasn't going to wear a life preserver OR he was too drunk to drive one.

hell living on the lake as I do, I believe I have seen about every thing a person can wear on a jet ski. Backwards ball cap is the most popular by far :). Hell the big ones I believe you can drive them and hardly get wet. :idunno:. I could see if he decided he wasn't going to wear a life preserver OR he was too drunk to drive one.
Having lived on Lake Norman, this is also what I saw the most.

Stick a fork in him, he is done! (Assault on an unborn child, outa here)

So quick to jump to conclusions despite a lack of meaningful evidence of what occurred. What's the urgency? A few hours ago it was "How could he have assaulted his pregnant wife?"

Here's his wife:

Here's my opinion: I don't know, and I don't really need to know, but I hope the truth wins out, whatever that is.

I dont know everyones contracts, but I would think they are employed by the Team. I know a lot of Spotters have a special relationship with the driver and the driver wants to bring them along so they negotiate that with the team to do so. All of my jobs I was employed by the team and I'm pretty sure Eddie is a Hendrick employee.

I know "Fat Boy"; as I'm sure Spotter does, he was Blaneys motorcoach diver in the Xfinity series, besides being a spotter for several different drivers from different teams for many , many years...
The NASCAR community is a tight one ; everyone knows everyone, and work is spread around like butter on cornbread. Fatboy told me," work is work, everybodys money is green"..
lol. Ol Fat boy, he's a mess but he's right.

So quick to jump to conclusions despite a lack of meaningful evidence of what occurred. What's the urgency? A few hours ago it was "How could he have assaulted his pregnant wife?"

Here's his wife:

Here's my opinion: I don't know, and I don't really need to know, but I hope the truth wins out, whatever that is.

Yeeeeah. Right now this is sounding like a lot of he said she said. Those videos will be everything if they exist.

Yeeeeah. Right now this is sounding like a lot of he said she said. Those videos will be everything if they exist.
Yeah it seems odd that something that happened about 8 months is now being pursued? Sounds like it's been pushed off a couple times already.

Here's his wife:

Damn, if D’Hont is asking for the camera footage it sounds like he thinks he has a case for self defense. The guilty party doesn’t ask for camera footage.

Damn, if D’Hont is asking for the camera footage it sounds like he thinks he has a case for self defense. The guilty party doesn’t ask for camera footage.

I would stick with "We can't and don't know what happened. That's what due process is for." instead of inferring this or that from limited details. Skilled defense attorneys know what buttons to push to sow reasonable doubt. Suffice it to say the facts are in dispute.

I would stick with "We can't and don't know what happened. That's what due process is for." instead of inferring this or that from limited details. Skilled defense attorneys know what buttons to push to sow reasonable doubt.
Oh I totally agree. I was just floating out an opinion, not saying it should be one way or another.

Is it just me or is this starting to feel like kurt bush vs secret agent killer gf part2?
Yeah some folks on Twitter found this jetski place on yelp and their reviews are littered with run-ins and conflicts with the employees and owners. So who knows.

Yeah some folks on Twitter found this jetski place on yelp and their reviews are littered with run-ins and conflicts with the employees and owners. So who knows.
As long as people don’t give them reviews based on this case rather than personal experiences. Totally unfair for the business.

Reading through the yelp reviews, and long before this happened with Eddie (reviews in 2019 and 2020), there's a pattern to them. People have problem with rental, owner accused them of messing up their boat, any retort or explanation is met with "you're threatening me!" Apparently Irene, the owner, loves to go full screeching loon on people then blame it on pregnancy hormones. They (owners) also cite security cams all over the place and recordings as their proof, so that footage should exist.

I hope Eddie gets his day in court, and truth comes out. If he's guilty, then throw the book at him.

Reading through the yelp reviews, and long before this happened with Eddie (reviews in 2019 and 2020), there's a pattern to them. People have problem with rental, owner accused them of messing up their boat, any retort or explanation is met with "you're threatening me!" Apparently Irene, the owner, loves to go full screeching loon on people then blame it on pregnancy hormones. They (owners) also cite security cams all over the place and recordings as their proof, so that footage should exist.

I hope Eddie gets his day in court, and truth comes out. If he's guilty, then throw the book at him.
and if he is innocent, then those people need to do time as well as cover his costs and losses.

Back
Top Bottom