Edwards on his retirement

Was never a huge Edwards fan but I gotta admit I miss the victory backflips. He was one of the best fore sure.

But then he did get his comings when he tried to push Brad below the line and found out flying in a car isn't the same as in a plane.

He is not wrong about not having fun anymore. The drivers don't have fun like they used to. Everything got freaking serious when Nascar implemented the Chase.

Carl in 2016 at Homestead was weird. Over it.

The Eddie Haskell of NASCAR. I lost a lot of respect for him when he pulled a fist at Matt Kenneth.

As someone who has known Carl and some of his family since before his "business card" days, I can tell you that many folks around here caught on to his phony act YEARS ago. He is quite the great actor when he knows the cameras are rolling though

Last edited:
he was my favorite when it came to fan interactions. Awesome to the fans. Saw it multiple times.

Sure that could just be ‘putting it on’... at least he did it. I’ve seen drivers not even pretend to care about their own fans in front of them... so they all don’t pretend just cause people are watching

Carl was a hard charging cup driver.

either someone likes a driver or they don’t. It’s all a preference

Last edited:
That fluff piece was extra fluffy

Also, I miss Carl.

Also, Jimmie shouldn't have #7...it was Carl's. That would've pissed me off into retirement too 🤷‍♂️

Way more meat in this thread then there was in the article. I've quit clicking on that site when it pops up in my feed.

Yep. Random "articles" from that sportscasting site suddenly started appearing in my google suggested links about a month ago. They all follow the same formula. Clickbait headline, a few generic paragraphs that summarize the subject for the outsiders, and then a random nugget of dated "information" related to the title. Pure garbage.

Carl left his b@@ls in his locker racing Stewart for the championship as well.
He wanted a championship at JGR, and then he was going to be out. He never wanted to be there, but Roush was pathetic, and he knew he had no chance there. IMO you could literally feel the desperation. He had that race until the yellow--his plan was ready to work, and then he knew that if Joey got by, it was over and he drove him to the paint, and lost it. Then, he couldn't bear the thought of coming back to try again, and he went farming. I would have more respect professionally for the guy if he had just walked from Roush where he wanted to be.

He wanted a championship at JGR, and then he was going to be out. He never wanted to be there, but Roush was pathetic, and he knew he had no chance there. IMO you could literally feel the desperation. He had that race until the yellow--his plan was ready to work, and then he knew that if Joey got by, it was over and he drove him to the paint, and lost it. Then, he couldn't bear the thought of coming back to try again, and he went farming. I would have more respect professionally for the guy if he had just walked from Roush where he wanted to be.
once upon a time in RevWorld

honestly that’s how I saw his homestead race in 16 as well. He took himself out.

Why did he think he was so screwed if Joey got by? Still can't figure that out.

Why did he think he was so screwed if Joey got by? Still can't figure that out.

same thing I think as well.

You would’ve thought it was a one lap dash with the way he ran the 22 down.

Back
Top Bottom