Electromotion and Remote Kill

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
@Nitro Dude , I was wondering if you could provide some insight on the Electromotion Kill system. I've read up on it, and the gist is that the antenna on the back of the car receives the shutdown signal when it passes the transponders on the wall. But do all teams implement the shutdown system in the same way? And How does the remote kill work, i assume every car has it's own frequency so you don't shut off the other lane?

An air cylinder on the throttle seems commonplace now, and came prevelent when John Force's car shut off but he didn't lift or shut the car off himself. Obviously the pan pressure or his crew chief shut it off.

Does it just ground the magneto and shut the blades? Or does it pull the fuel shutoff valve as well?

Sorry it took me so long to answer you Mag but when I first read this I was on the way home from Florida and I didn't have time to answer and then I forgot about it when I got home. There are different frequency's so you can't shut the car in the other lane off. When the crew chief flips the switch from the starting line all it does is activate an air solenoid that closes the injector blades. If the pan pressure gets to high then a pan pressure switch will shut off the fuel, ignition, close the injector blades and deploy the chutes. If the car goes 200 feet past the finish line there is a transponder that does the same thing.

Sorry it took me so long to answer you Mag but when I first read this I was on the way home from Florida and I didn't have time to answer and then I forgot about it when I got home. There are different frequency's so you can't shut the car in the other lane off. When the crew chief flips the switch from the starting line all it does is activate an air solenoid that closes the injector blades. If the pan pressure gets to high then a pan pressure switch will shut off the fuel, ignition, close the injector blades and deploy the chutes. If the car goes 200 feet past the finish line there is a transponder that does the same thing.

That makes sense. Seems like alot of places to go wrong, but I'm sure things have improved from when it first arrived. Since the fuel and chute solenoids default to non-energized, do the pistons ever get stuck in them, preventing the handle from moving?

That makes sense. Seems like alot of places to go wrong, but I'm sure things have improved from when it first arrived. Since the fuel and chute solenoids default to non-energized, do the pistons ever get stuck in them, preventing the handle from moving?
None that that I have seen.

Back
Top Bottom