Elliott Sadler on McSwains departure

H

HardScrabble

Says he does not know who the new crew chief will be. But was angered by media reports of the Kentucky test sessions having anything to do with it.

"Do I know why Fatback left? I think a bunch of idiots came up with some of the rumors I heard as to why he was leaving. We had a good test at Kentucky and all of those rumors are false. Anyone that knows anything about racing would realize those rumors have no validity. We hadn't heard anything about those rumors until one of the web sites reported it. I guess some of the racing web sites are similar to the National Enquirer. If you don’t have any news to report then just make some up. I think Fatback knows why he decided to take another job, but I don't think it had anything to do with any kind of test or anything like that."

In other racing news, aliens from the planet Jupiter have kidnapped Jimmy Spencer's two headed baby, as Nostradomus predicted...

:p

Does anyone recall who first reported the poor test story?

LOL TWF,

Careful friend, one of the web sites might just run with that story! :D

It's hard to say. I know Fatback wants to be in the hunt for the championship, and many people believe he can get a team there. With the many crew chief changes that are happening now, Fatback saw the opportunity to get to a team with some past success and try to help bring them back. The #18 was that team.

Thanks ft18.

Found it there. Jayski links to an article by Lee Spencer of Oct. 28.

The timings is long after McSwain interviewed with Gibbs Racing and long after the testing session at Kentucky. It was even after Mike asked Yates for his release. Both McSwain and Sadler have pointedly denied any such situation arising.

The only fully accredited quote is Sadler's "if his heart isn't in it" . This quote was in reponse to Mike's desire to go to Gibbs. A desire McSwain affirms was kindled by his interview with the Gibbs organization and not related to dissatisfaction with RYR.

Afraid Lee may be fined credibility points for this one.:(

Well if I had a chance to work for Joe Gibbs, I'ld go for it. Coach is a people organizer that knows enuf to let his people do their work.

I tell folks that if they wanted a nuclear power plant say.....right over THERE......that I could easily build it for them. Not because I know what it takes but because I know enuf to find the people that do. Such is Joe Gibbs.

That Jayski site is kind of a dump. I believe maybe one story out of 50 that gets published there.

Jayski reports from what he hears from sources or team members. It's likely that team members on the #28 felt that's why Fatback left. Rumors are worth what you pay for them, but they can give you some insight to what might be going on, whether or not then end up being true.

Originally posted by rpmallen
Jayski reports from what he hears from sources or team members. It's likely that team members on the #28 felt that's why Fatback left. Rumors are worth what you pay for them, but they can give you some insight to what might be going on, whether or not then end up being true.

Rumors and even sometimes as what passes for "news" indeed should be viewed with some sense of personal insight.

Amazingly what seems most reasonable is often false, and that which seems most unlikely proves to be true. Example, reason seemed to support that Ricky Rudd would be going to Ganassi, but Chip denies that it was ever as close as the stories said to being a done deal. For the eventual driver to be Jamie McMurray would have seemed far from reasonable had it surfaced earlier.

Around 90% of what you see on Jayski's site has absolutely nothing to do with anything Jayski has heard from anyone within the ranks of NASCAR teams or officials. It is more a compilation of stories and articles by journalists and reporters which he finds by scouring the web and print media.

Back
Top Bottom