Elliott To Drive Braun Car

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
Elliott to drive for Braun Racing at Charlotte

Bill Elliott will drive a Braun Racing Toyota in the CARQUEST Auto Parts 300 Busch Series race at Lowe's Motor Speedway on May 26, team officials announced Monday.

Sponsorship for the No. 32 Camry comes from Seymour of Sycamore, producer of Seymour Paint.

Elliott, NASCAR's 1988 Cup champion, last drove in the Busch Series in 2005, finishing 16th in an Evernham Motorsports Dodge at Memphis Motorsports Park. He has yet to race in NASCAR in 2007, though he did win a Thunder Roadster feature at Atlanta Motor Speedway last month.

"After winning in my Thunder Roadster at Atlanta in March, I caught the racing bug again, and this deal with Braun Racing and Seymour Paint is a great opportunity for all of us," Elliott said. "Braun Racing fields two top-notch teams each week, and I'm confident we will have a car capable of winning in Seymour's first NASCAR race."

Braun fields two full-time teams in the Busch Series, the No. 10 for Dave Blaney and the No. 38 for Jason Leffler.

"This is definitely a milestone for me," owner Todd Braun said. "Having Bill Elliott drive the No. 32 shows that Braun Racing is establishing itself among the elite teams in our industry."

Blaney currently sits third in the Busch Series point standings, while Leffler is 14th.

I wonder why Toyota is doing so much better in Busch than in Cup?

(This poster has severe mixed emotions about this development)

Oh boy here we go again with the driver not driving his "special car" thing. So what it is a Toyota? It is a car and i for one am glad to see Bill driving again, i miss him he was and still is and always will be my favorite racer.

Oh boy here we go again with the driver not driving his "special car" thing. So what it is a Toyota? It is a car and i for one am glad to see Bill driving again, i miss him he was and still is and always will be my favorite racer.

Same here.

I was always a bit iffy on Kenseth (those battles between he and DEJr were some pretty good racing) but when Elliot decided he was good enough to drive his car that was good enough for me. I'm sure most fans know this but Elliot was to attend his fathers funeral so Kenseth drove his car at Dover and finished 6th. Not a bad winston cup debut.

Just so people know, Kenseth is also the only rookie to win the 600 :)

I wonder why Toyota is doing so much better in Busch than in Cup?

Don't the Busch cars and trucks have a different engine? The Cup engine is still new. Also the aero is different and they've had time to figure out what they're doing.

Last I heard, the compression ratio is the same. It was raised back around 2001.

The carb is different as well as maybe the cam.

That was part of the problem when they first raised the compression ratio the same as the cup cars. The drive train no longer lasted as long as when they had less power resulting in even higher expense to the busch teams.

Another way that Nascar "saved the teams some money."

know what i say to that?

Drop the ratio and make busch run on 93 pump gas.

LOL

That was said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I'm a Ford man, I grew up in Ford family and I will die a Ford Man. I don't care about all this globalization crap so don't even bother telling me about it. I still rooted for Bill when he switched to Dodge because I appreciate what Mopar did for the Muscle Car Era. I will root for Bill, but not as hard as I once did. BTW if you notice the drivers in my handle you will see they were all Ford drivers.

That was said with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek. I'm a Ford man, I grew up in Ford family and I will die a Ford Man. I don't care about all this globalization crap so don't even bother telling me about it. I still rooted for Bill when he switched to Dodge because I appreciate what Mopar did for the Muscle Car Era. I will root for Bill, but not as hard as I once did. BTW if you notice the drivers in my handle you will see they were all Ford drivers.

I see you are from Michigan. That is why you are a ford fan. LOL. I have been up there to the race 2x and that is definitely Ford Country. Do you go to the Michigan race?

Tony drives a Chevy.....

I guess if Gordon had stuck to Ford like he did in Busch you would be a Gordon fan with me?:D

Did you just talked to yourself there tk? LOL

Too much coffe.:p

Back
Top Bottom