Elliotts and Hendrick meet with NAPA

E

ElliottFan

Take this with a grain but it was on Jayski.

Elliotts and Hendrick meet with NAPA? hearing earlier this week that Chase and Bill Elliott, Rick Hendrick and Kelley Earnhardt Miller met with officials at the NAPA Auo Parts headquarters in Atlanta. No definite word on what the meeting was about. Chase Elliott, a Hendrick Motorsports development driver, is looking for a sponsor for whatever series he may run in 2014. His former sponsor, Aaron's, decided not to sponsor Elliott in 2014 and ramp up their sponsorship of Brian Vickers in the #55 Michael Waltrip Racing Sprint Cup Series team for all the races in 2014 & 2015. NAPA Auto Parts had been a long time sponsor of Waltrip and his #56 team with soon to be former driver Martin Truex Jr. NAPA canceled their sponsorship of the #56 team and MWR after the "Richmond Scandal" in September. It'll be interesting to see what NAPA may do as rumors had them not returning to sponsor any NASCAR team in 2014 and sitting out the season and then rethinking their sponsorship plans. Have heard reports that NAPA did not want to sponsor a team in the Nationwide Series or Camping World Truck Series. Have heard that NAPA does not wish take over for Nationwide as the series sponsor what is now called the Nationwide Series when Nationwide leaves at the end of the 2014 season. Been told that NAPA only wants to sponsor a Sprint Cup Series team for a full season. Rumors also had NAPA moving over to the #78 Furniture Row Racing team with Martin Truex Jr. in some capacity.(11-15-2013)

I read it earlier and the part that caught my attention was Kelly being involved. Is JRM getting ready to enter a deal with Chase and NAPA in conjunction with HMS to lock up Chase Elliott for the future.

Isnt JR motorsports an extention of Hendricks of sorts?? I know there is some connection.

Jr Motorsports had originally took over Hendricks Busch Series program starting in 2008 when Jr first got to Hendrick Motorsports. At that time, all the Busch Series equipment was packed up & sent to Jr Motorsports. Now I know that Jr had talked in the past of the possibility of starting a Cup program and this would be a good opportunity to do it. With NASCAR's 4 Car Team rule place, Hendrick has no spots on his program. Honestly though, I think they're gonna run Chase on a full time Busch Series deal next year & then by 2015, depending on how he doe's next season in that series, maybe Kahne will be gone or Gordon will retire & Chase can take that seat. If not, then they can just run the 5th Hendrick car out of Jr Motorsports. I thought Kelley's last name was Ellidge, did she divorce him & marry some other guy?

Jr Motorsports had originally took over Hendricks Busch Series program starting in 2008 when Jr first got to Hendrick Motorsports. At that time, all the Busch Series equipment was packed up & sent to Jr Motorsports. Now I know that Jr had talked in the past of the possibility of starting a Cup program and this would be a good opportunity to do it. With NASCAR's 4 Car Team rule place, Hendrick has no spots on his program. Honestly though, I think they're gonna run Chase on a full time Busch Series deal next year & then by 2015, depending on how he doe's next season in that series, maybe Kahne will be gone or Gordon will retire & Chase can take that seat. If not, then they can just run the 5th Hendrick car out of Jr Motorsports. I thought Kelley's last name was Ellidge, did she divorce him & marry some other guy?
Yep she did. By the way I agree with all you said.

http://www.jrmracing.com/racing/executives/kelley_earnhardt_miller/default.aspx

http://www.workingmother.com/celebrity-moms/kelley-earnhardt-nascars-fast-lane

I thought Kelley's last name was Ellidge, did she divorce him & marry some other guy?

I thought the same thing. She must have kicked Ellidge to the curb and found her a new man.

I dont know if anything will come of the NAPA meeting but Chase has no sponsor right this minute and needs to piece something together. You gotta remember he is still 17 right at this moment. He needs seat time and a lot of it.

Kelly married modifieds driver L. W. Miller three years ago. I would love to see Chase in the 7 car for a couple of years then move up to the Hendrick operation .I think it would be fantastic for Jr. Motorsports . I wouldn't want to get in Kelly's way , if she is trying to make this happen.

Kelly married modifieds driver L. W. Miller three years ago. I would love to see Chase in the 7 car for a couple of years then move up to the Hendrick operation .I think it would be fantastic for Jr. Motorsports . I wouldn't want to get in Kelly's way , if she is trying to make this happen.
She's on Dave Moody's afternoon show every week. Haven't had a lot of chance to listen to her recently but she sounds like she is a hard worker for that organization. It's clear that all of those extra irons that Jr. has in the fire are in good hands with that woman.

She's on Dave Moody's afternoon show every week. Haven't had a lot of chance to listen to her recently but she sounds like she is a hard worker for that organization. It's clear that all of those extra irons that Jr. has in the fire are in good hands with that woman.

Heck , Junior is in good hands with that woman .She's been running his career since day one.

Back
Top Bottom