'Enjoy Illinois 350' Pre-race Thread

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
When we answer the burning question, "Is Gateway one of Martin Truex' home tracks?"

1653943183062.png

The newness might help but it's a flat track so I worry it might race like Phoenix did

I've seen the Truck races here, Gateway's basically a flat Darlington
IndyCar is a disaster at Gareway. The leader quickly catches the tailenders, and just sits there behind them, unable to pass even the slowest cars on the track. The truck races have been a little better, and I think it's because there is less parity.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that Gateway might be a follow-the-leader snoozefest.

I am so excited to be going to this race. As soon as it was announced I was prepping for tickets. Living in Florida for the last 9, but prior to that in the Lou area for 14 (born n’ raised in NC racing country for all years prior). Son still lives there, so we go back often. Racing will be unpredictable especially with the new car. Needs to be a good show after that 600 excitement.

I had to give the pre race thread duties up, I wasnt good at it but I liked doing it. I'm glad someone took it over from me in the short time I did it. Very cool this is the week Xfinity is racing in Portland, cant wait for that one.

IndyCar is a disaster at Gareway. The leader quickly catches the tailenders, and just sits there behind them, unable to pass even the slowest cars on the track. The truck races have been a little better, and I think it's because there is less parity.

I hope I'm wrong, but I fear that Gateway might be a follow-the-leader snoozefest.
I don't fully agree bud. 2019's race at Gateway was amazing, Carpenter and Sato in a photo finish. I do prefer Iowa to this but I have no complaints

I had to give the pre race thread duties up, I wasnt good at it but I liked doing it. I'm glad someone took it over from me in the short time I did it. Very cool this is the week Xfinity is racing in Portland, cant wait for that one.
Nascar scheduling department probably noticed a high concentration of mullets in that area and figured it would be a natural fit. Once they get there they may be shocked to find that it's mostly women sporting them though.

Oh No!, Mikey Waltrip will be in the booth this week for the Cup race? What have we done to deserve this punishment?

Ugh :rolleyes:

I don't mind Mikey as much as others with the goofy gridwalk stuff, and he doesn't bother me too much when he's in the studio on Race Hub or whatever, but he is AWFUL in the booth. Absolutely the worst.

Ugh :rolleyes:

I don't mind Mikey as much as others with the goofy gridwalk stuff, and he doesn't bother me too much when he's in the studio on Race Hub or whatever, but he is AWFUL in the booth. Absolutely the worst.

you're supposed to Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom