Erik Jones Appreciation Thread

I do think jones is the best of the young drivers but has to go against 3 of the 6 best drivers in the sport as teammates and one of them has Cole Pearn. Erik will run well and get his token win next year, but Gibbs will be stunned he hasn’t won ten races when his teammates are all future hall of famers, he’ll let him leave just like they did with Logano, then Erik will go to Hendrick or Ford and kick their ass the next decade. My two cents

I do think jones is the best of the young drivers but has to go against 3 of the 6 best drivers in the sport as teammates and one of them has Cole Pearn. Erik will run well and get his token win next year, but Gibbs will be stunned he hasn’t won ten races when his teammates are all future hall of famers, he’ll let him leave just like they did with Logano, then Erik will go to Hendrick or Ford and kick their ass the next decade. My two cents

Interesting take.....I think Erik's future with JGR is as dependent on the speed of Bell's development as it is Erik's performance.

Erik Jones is a dark horse to end up in the #48 when Jimmie hangs it up, in my opinion.

Tough game, win Darlington and still pressed to do more in year 4.

Why? He doesn't seem to be able to do much in a car from the top teams in Nascar.
I would say he isn't as good as the old man he replaced.

Erik's 4th on the totem pole at JGR, pretty obvious to me he is IMO.

And of course he isn't as good as Matt, however they didn't let Matt go because he couldn't drive.

I want him to succeed. I understand why he had no choice but to part with JGR. It’s still beyond a shadow of a doubt that the guy has the talent; he won at Darlington of all places. I think he got dealt a bad hand then, but this merger with GMS is what he’s needed to rebuild his career.

The Jones boy has been racing at the cup level for a few years. That isn't succeeding? I think it is. Petty with GMS partnership AND the new car and a 3rd place at Auto Club, 9 spots ahead of any JGR car, 6th place in the standings. They are having a hell of a year so far IMO.:idunno:

I really hope Erik wins a race this year in the 43, I've been on his bandwagon for a long while and think he is super talented. Hope that talent translates into wins for him this year.

Erik can flat out wheel a racecar. Top 3 talent in the series IMO out of guys in his age range.

GMS buying Petty is godsend for that team and driver. Put a solid piece under him, Jones will get it done.

The Jones boy has been racing at the cup level for a few years. That isn't succeeding? I think it is. Petty with GMS partnership AND the new car and a 3rd place at Auto Club, 9 spots ahead of any JGR car, 6th place in the standings. They are having a hell of a year so far IMO.:idunno:
Misinterpreting my post? I saw what he did the other day, that’s why I said this merger could be what he needs to rebuild his career. It’s no secret that the JGR partnership wasn’t as fruitful as it could’ve been once he got to Cup, and he got shuffled out for Bell. Hence why the result Sunday gives me optimism that EJ is still a force to be reckoned with.

Misinterpreting my post? I saw what he did the other day, that’s why I said this merger could be what he needs to rebuild his career. It’s no secret that the JGR partnership wasn’t as fruitful as it could’ve been once he got to Cup, and he got shuffled out for Bell. Hence why the result Sunday gives me optimism that EJ is still a force to be reckoned with.
Nope, Jones isn't the first to get better after leaving JGR, won't be the last. He has over drove the 43 most races. I think he has had more room to mature as a driver with Petty.

Unfortunately crashed yesterday with another impressive run going. He’s mopping the floor with teammate Ty Dillon every week. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Erik in victory lane this year.

Erik went to the back like 4-5 times and made it back to around tenth each time

if there was a stat of passing the most cars Erik killed it yesterday

Unfortunately crashed yesterday with another impressive run going. He’s mopping the floor with teammate Ty Dillon every week. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Erik in victory lane this year.

Is the 42 team that much worse than the 43, or is Jones really that much better of a driver than Dillon?

I think I know the answer, but still, it's crazy to see the 43 running so well while the 42 is back fighting for 27th.

Damn it to hell......Extreme hyperbole but this is a HOT take. Buckle up...I want to see Jones in the 24, I don’t think at this current juncture Byron can hang with his other 3 teammates. Those fellas have been in the conversation for wins every week and 2 brought home checkers already. William has run well during races but can’t seem to close. I think Jones can put up a better fight.

Damn it to hell......Extreme hyperbole but this is a HOT take. Buckle up...I want to see Jones in the 24, I don’t think at this current juncture Byron can hang with his other 3 teammates. Those fellas have been in the conversation for wins every week and 2 brought home checkers already. William has run well during races but can’t seem to close. I think Jones can put up a better fight.
Huh?

What is the confusion? I was posting about how I think I'd like to see what Jones can do in the 24 car which I think is a step up in equipment. This is the Erik Jones thread right, ive been know to post in the wrong threads on occasion

In racing, all wins count for something, but they don't all count for the *same* thing. Nascar Cup races are notoriously difficult to win. So often a race seems within the grasp, but then it gets away, so many things can happen. Each cup victory is something to cherish, forever. But to win at Darlington in the Southern 500... that is the Holy Grail of Nascar racing.

And once you have done that, to do it again is just outrageously impressive. To accomplish that righteous feat, and then come back three years later and back it up by doing it again... WOW.

That Jones Boy can flat drive a race car.

In racing, all wins count for something, but they don't all count for the *same* thing. Nascar Cup races are notoriously difficult to win. So often a race seems within the grasp, but then it gets away, so many things can happen. Each cup victory is something to cherish, forever. But to win at Darlington in the Southern 500... that is the Holy Grail of Nascar racing.

And once you have done that, to do it again is just outrageously impressive. To accomplish that righteous feat, and then come back three years later and back it up by doing it again... WOW.

That Jones Boy can flat drive a race car.
Been saying it for months, that 43 team has been on the cusp on so many weekends before they finally broke through.

Goes to show the importance of having proper leadership at the top and not just a bean counter with a lofty investment. GMS has won in their first season as a Cup organization. Gallagher and Petty said from the outset they want to win and they are doing just that with Erik behind the wheel of that 43.

Back
Top Bottom