ESPN's 'The Last Dance.'

I am stealing this from John Roberts' idea on the radio today, but curious as to what you would pick as your NASCAR version? Pick one year overall or one team to have a documentary on chronicling the entirety of the NASCAR season.

1994 Earnhardt when he tied Petty, 98 Gordon...that 13 win season, 90’s Mark Martin oh so close to a championship 3 times, 2015 Gordon his last full season, 01 Harvick replacing Earnhardt under those circumstances, 80’s Shelmerdine/RCR, DW when he drove for Junior Johnson, 14 Harvick leaving RCR after 13 seasons and then going to win a Cup, Davey and Bobby Allison running in Cup together

2015 #24 team. Gordon's last season, struggled a lot of the year, return of the rainbow car, final win, running for the ship.

As I finish up the 87 season, I really would watch a behind the season view of RCR and Earnhardt, those fellas were locked in

Also 07....the behind the scenes divorce of Jr/DEI and his meetings with the other teams while also focusing on his season

My First Choice 1994
A lot of people fail to realize just how huge 1994 was to NASCAR reaching another level. The combination of Jeff Gordon winning his first race, the baseball strike and NASCAR racing at IMS created the perfect storm for the the insane boom that occurred in the late 90s. The baseball strike basically made NASCAR the new boys of summer for the next decade. I'd love for a more detailed explanation on how the baseball strike opened the door for Corporate America/Mid-town Manhattan to embrace NASCAR. A conversation with a close associate of Roger Penke opened my eyes to what the strike did for NASCAR. 1994 also saw the end of the tire war which dated back to the late 80's. Ernie Irvan's crash at Michigan was basically the last straw. The death of Aryton Senna sent shock waves around the world of auto racing that year. 1994 also happened to be Earnhardt's final championship....

My Second Choice Would be 2001
It's without a doubt the most impactful season in this sport's history in terms of the sports ultimate identity imo. Dale Earnhardt's death is obviously, and sadly, what most people remember. However, it's the TV deal that was signed which completely altered the direction of this sport. The previous 53 years of NASCAR prior led up to a seismic changes that occurred in 2001. The money, the sponsors, the schedule changes, the track building, the attendance boom, increase in driver fatalities in the late 90's etc basically climaxed at the beginning of the millennium. You also have Dodge's return to NASCAR, Elliott breaking his winless drought, restrictor plates at NHIS, 9/11, Gordon's 4th and final title and commitment to safety improvements.

My First Choice 1994
A lot of people fail to realize just how huge 1994 was to NASCAR reaching another level. The combination of Jeff Gordon winning his first race, the baseball strike and NASCAR racing at IMS created the perfect storm for the the insane boom that occurred in the late 90s. The baseball strike basically made NASCAR the new boys of summer for the next decade. I'd love for a more detailed explanation on how the baseball strike opened the door for Corporate America/Mid-town Manhattan to embrace NASCAR. A conversation with a close associate of Roger Penke opened my eyes to what the strike did for NASCAR. 1994 also saw the end of the tire war which dated back to the late 80's. Ernie Irvan's crash at Michigan was basically the last straw. The death of Aryton Senna sent shock waves around the world of auto racing that year. 1994 also happened to be Earnhardt's final championship....

My Second Choice Would be 2001
It's without a doubt the most impactful season in this sport's history in terms of the sports ultimate identity imo. Dale Earnhardt's death is obviously, and sadly, what most people remember. However, it's the TV deal that was signed which completely altered the direction of this sport. The previous 53 years of NASCAR prior led up to a seismic changes that occurred in 2001. The money, the sponsors, the schedule changes, the track building, the attendance boom, increase in driver fatalities in the late 90's etc basically climaxed at the beginning of the millennium. You also have Dodge's return to NASCAR, Elliott breaking his winless drought, restrictor plates at NHIS, 9/11, Gordon's 4th and final title and commitment to safety improvements.
Still saddens me 01 was JG’s last cup, I never would have thunk it if you told me then....I would have laughed at you. But to stay on topic those are good choices for years to have a documentary made, they would be exciting to watch

Still saddens me 01 was JG’s last cup, I never would have thunk it if you told me then....I would have laughed at you. But to stay on topic those are good choices for years to have a documentary made, they would be exciting to watch
The Chase's biggest loser was Gordon. Would've had 7 if it never came about.

1992-1993 Yates 28 team with Davey. In 92 that team went through more ups and downs and so close to the title. Then he passed on in 93. I still remember that haunting tribute to Davey after Pocono the next week. Daley had just hit his groove and Yates was a powerhouse in the making.

Jimmie's 5 in a row showing roughly 2004-2010. If they have any behind the scenes stuff on a power struggle between him and Jeff at Hendrick, in who was becoming the dominant driver for that team. Content from all the driver's that had to go up against the 48 team, and how daunting a task that was. Inside look with Jimmie and Chad working together. Essentially Jeff vs Jimmie, Jimmie vs Everyone, Jimmie and Chad 48 team, becoming 5-time and then documenting the general nascar fan dislike of them at the time for winning too much.

Jimmie's 5 in a row showing roughly 2004-2010. If they have any behind the scenes stuff on a power struggle between him and Jeff at Hendrick, in who was becoming the dominant driver for that team. Content from all the driver's that had to go up against the 48 team, and how daunting a task that was. Inside look with Jimmie and Chad working together. Essentially Jeff vs Jimmie, Jimmie vs Everyone, Jimmie and Chad 48 team, becoming 5-time and then documenting the general nascar fan dislike of them at the time for winning too much.
As much as I cheered against Jimmie during this time I so would watch this

If they could have dug up any crap they would have done so long ago. Johnson and Chad came in and smoked em, smoked everybody.

The departure of RJ Reynolds (Winston) and the loss of the trophy queens. The kind of wimmins that had the girl next door look.

Sprint Cup came in with the tragic awful fire suits. It was the type of anti-feminine attire that denies a major component of the racing experience.
A curse of stupidity and blindness that was unable to see the perfect pairing and glory of fast cars, and hawt wimmin's.

The Nun-glorious Hijabian
time line matches the dawn of the Ichabod age (the glory being gone). It is even worse in F1 with the loss of the grid girls.

I am thankful for monster energy girls, but it didn't last long enough to repair the drought damage or restore the lost spirituality of the current dry dance.

You know what be an odd one but interesting Loy Allen Jr 1994, there has to be some craziness in there

Back
Top Bottom