Everything related to race broadcasts thread

Judging by what may or may not have been an official NASCAR survey I completed today, the ridiculous amount of commercials was obviously a big deal.

www.Jayski.com

Total minutes of complete race broadcast: 216
Minutes of race broadcast: 158
Minutes of traditional commercials (not split-screen): 58
Minutes of 'Side-by-Side' commercials: 3

Mike Joy needs to retire. He constantly misses stuff on track or incorrectly identifies drivers/crew chiefs etc. During qualifying he mistook Kyle Larson for Reed Sorenson (lol), talked about Jamie Mac's crew chief Keith Rodden (now Kasey Kahne's CC) among many other blunders.

Oh No, he's turning into Ken Squier.

If Mikey would just dial it back a few clicks and not try to be so cutesy. he might be a little more tolerable. OK.maybe not. :mad:Oh, and wipe that fake smile off his face. :bleh:
For being a seasoned veteran, DW says some pretty stupid SH!T.........I guess they figure the audience is too stupid to catch it :rolleyes:

Andy Petree is really good in my opinion. Now that Fox has him on board after his stint on ESPN, they need to feature him more prominently than just having him comment briefly on NASCAR rules 2-3 times or so per race. Replace Larry Mac (I can't stand his constant yapping) with Andy, replace Mike Joy with Allen Bestwick (unfortunately not likely to happen at least for a while since he is still under contract to ESPN), replace DW with Wally Dallenbach and just get rid of Mikey...period. Oh, and replace Adam Alexander in the Xfinity series. I'd like to see how Mark Martin does in the booth to replace Mikey.

Andy Petree is really good in my opinion. Now that Fox has him on board after his stint on ESPN, they need to feature him more prominently than just having him comment briefly on NASCAR rules 2-3 times or so per race. Replace Larry Mac (I can't stand his constant yapping) with Andy, replace Mike Joy with Allen Bestwick (unfortunately not likely to happen at least for a while since he is still under contract to ESPN), replace DW with Wally Dallenbach and just get rid of Mikey...period. Oh, and replace Adam Alexander in the Xfinity series. I'd like to see how Mark Martin does in the booth to replace Mikey.

The Joy/Larry Mac/DW team was great for the first few years they were together. I don't know what happened though. This is their 15th season together, you'd think they wouldn't regress so much.

Current FOX team in the booth is absolutely amazing, my favorite people in all of sports broadcasting, even DW.

I like the boogity, boogity, boogity. But that's where my fondness ends.

And is MW sugar???

The ad breakdown shows what it always does. That fans who think they're seeing more ads and less racing are always wrong. 72% race broadcast and 28% full screen ads. Normally it's 67%-33%

The Joy/Larry Mac/DW team was great for the first few years they were together. I don't know what happened though. This is their 15th season together, you'd think they wouldn't regress so much.

Honestly, I'm surprised FOX has kept that trio together that long. I'd like to see Wally Dallenbach replace DW but I'm afraid the only person replacing DW will be Mikey - which is even worse. His role becomes more prominent every single year over at FOX and FOX Sports 1. I'll be interested in seeing how Jeff Gordon does on the XFINITY broadcasts. Maybe they'll be smart and put him on instead of Mikey.

Mike Joy's one of the best there's ever been. Maybe time to step aside, but again, who's going to replace him? There aren't any viable options.

If Jeff Gordon does well he'll be the guy.

When fox debuted in 2001 with 2 guys in the booth with little or no TV expierience I wasn't sure how it would work out. They hit the ground running though. Very rare to see a group with fantastic chemistry from day 1. It's not the same now but they're still pretty good. The 2001 NBC/TNT crew took until 2002 to get more comfortable

You know, I was shocked at how well Harvick did during the XFinity Race. He was articulate and funny - I commented to my wife that although this was his first telecast I'm sure he had practiced and had been screen tested...

Back
Top Bottom