Excitement in the canyon

D

DE Wrangler 2

A little excitement in our canyon tonight. About 10 mins ago a firetruck came up our road and stopped in front of our triplex. They got out and ran up to our neighbor's house which is above us. Now the Sherriff pulls up and runs up there too. No ambulance but the firemen took some equipment up with them....Cutie said it looked like a defibulator. Wow......this is strange.:(

DEW2,
From my memory there was never a dull moment out there.

Well, yeah........but it's usually pretty quiet here after the sun goes down. But about 4 miles away in Pacoima it's just starting when the sun goes down!! The Paramedics just arrived so I looks pretty bad......not particularly fond of those neighbors but I sure hope it's something bad.

They got the gurney out and taking it up.......must be about 70 steps they have to climb.

DE,
Got some fond memories of makin' tamales at an old friends house at Christmas time in Pacoima, back around 1980. Haven't seen or heard from him since 82.

Originally posted by DE Wrangler 2
Well, yeah........but it's usually pretty quiet here after the sun goes down.  But about 4 miles away in Pacoima it's just starting when the sun goes down!!  The Paramedics just arrived so I looks pretty bad......not particularly fond of those neighbors but I sure hope it's something bad.

Insert 'NOT' between "it's" and "something"!!

Tamales and chili for dinner tonight!! Store bought though!!:)

Well DE, I hope you and cutie have a peaceful nite.

How is the Fire situation, cuz I spoke to my daughter and she said that the smoke where she is staying is pretty bad.

No fire.......don't know what it was all about. They took the wife in the ambulance but nothing rushed. They all left and then the husband left........I assume to go to the hospital. Still strange. Their 11 year old was with her dad and she was acting as if her and dad were going for pizza or something. Our nieghbors are wierd........oh well.:)

Kat.......the fires are all gone for now. Got that big one out last weekend and no new ones yet. Still dry and sort of hot (not hot like it was a couple weeks ago.......100 to 110 in the valleys). We need rain..........lots of rain!! Then the mudslides.:(

Daughter said it was hotter than she imagined he!!

AND she had to move again.... Oh the woes of a student:p

The Los Angeles basin (the area from just north of San Diego to just south of Ventura) is nothing but an irrigated coastal desert!! Just like the Mohave Desert, it gets hotter than he**. The advantage the Mohave has is that there are occassional thunderstorms.........we don't even get those!:) And when it does rain (maybe during the months of Nov thru Feb) we get floods with only an inch of rain!! Go figure!!:)

Back
Top Bottom