F1: 2020 Austrian Grand Prix

All right. I was going to read about the race here and then speed watch it on DVR, but it sounds like we're in the twilight zone and it's worth watching. I'm going to take a look now.

Hamilton picking it up.

Mercs should have let them race. Hamilton was by far the quickest. They get what they deserve.

Holy crap. I only saw the last 11 laps but that was more action than all of last season! What a wild race.

Botas beat Hamilton in a straight fight. I only saw 11 laps, but he looked superb. He got that last restart inch perfect. I don't look for this to be a pattern though. Austria has always been Botas' best track, but if he can carry this form forward, we're going to have a hell of a battle between those two.

Hamilton takes out Albon again, and robs him of another second place finish. I get it though. Lewis races with everything he has and just gave it a little too much. You can see from the in-car camera he has the wheel locked over, and there was nothing more to give. The front end washed out just enough to pitch Albon off the road. Lewis is normally pretty clean, and I'll bet he apologizes. Still, for a six time world champion to run a guy wide like that is pretty close to inexcusable. You expect it from goons like Perez and Verstappen, but not from a guy of Lewis' experience.

Wheee! Love it for McLaren to snag another podium and we're now seeing how good Lando is. The Renault engine doesn't look too bad either. Again, really strange race and probably not the way the rest of the season is going to go, but still solid for McLaren to have two podiums in the last three races. They are now getting better enough to take advantage of any luck that falls their way. Next year they get Honda and Riccardo, and smart money says they will be contenders. Delighted to see them do so well, and their IndyCar team was competitive yesterday too.

Crazy, stupid race. We lost two cars in the last 10 laps and there were at least two collisions. I'm sorry I missed the early action. Sound like most of the merc customer cars were blowing up like the 4th of July!

I'll probably watch the DVR later tonight, but gotta watch the Brickyard first. Hell of a weekend. Racing is back!

“Be patient”. Lol dude he executed a flawless move on the outside and got clipped blatantly.

I thought the same thing and calling Albon out was very fake news. Are those people over there so "nationalistic" that it makes them utterly blind?

Yeah, be patient with ten laps left, like that's gonna happen. Hell, 10 laps left on a circuit that shot and it's time to go.

If you are up against someone less skilled maybe, but you should be able to trust a six time world champion not to punt you off every time you go wheel to wheel. I'll bet you they have wisked Albon off before he says something regrettable. This is got to be getting real old for him.

Botas beat Hamilton in a straight fight.

Not quite.

Hamilton coughed up a penalty pre race that saw him dropped from 2nd to 5th. He was actually the quicker car. Caught Bottas from like 7 seconds back just to have his team put out team orders in place. They wouldn’t let him by.

By the end both Mercs were having some sort of issue with the curbs.

Back
Top Bottom