F1: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix

Mercedes might be regretting resigning Bottas. The guy is getting beat by Max on a regular basis with a car that’s supposed to be seconds off the pace.

Mercedes might be regretting resigning Bottas. The guy is getting beat by Max on a regular basis with a car that’s supposed to be seconds off the pace.
8 wins plus one winless year is a awful return for a driver in the best car on the grid. Need to get Russell in there

Everyone is excited by Chico's fourth place, but remember, he was lapped. I think we were all hoping for better from them.

Hell, even Ferrari got lapped but thankfully Vettel's race wasn't a total disaster. Still, I can't remember the last time Ferrari was happy with a seventh place finish.

Ferrari is claiming Leclerc's engine quit because he took too much curb, but we've seen guys rip the wheels off of cars on curbing and the motors still ran. Sounds like nothing but an excuse. They are in such disarray they are going to blame everything on the drivers, as if that's not going to be demotivating for them.

At this point I think we have to view Brittan as just one of those odd races. Occasionally the mighty fall with no explanation and that's probably the case. Today this is a high downforce, high tire wear track on a hot day and with last week as the blueprint, they really should have struggled. Merc had no tire trouble. Makes you scratch you head and wonder Brittan was so bad for them.

That or Merc solved it in a mere week, which would frighten me if I were the opposition. They look pretty ominous going into the rest of the season.

Hell, even Ferrari got lapped but thankfully Vettel's race wasn't a total disaster. Still, I can't remember the last time Ferrari was happy with a seventh place finish.

Ferrari is claiming Leclerc's engine quit because he took too much curb, but we've seen guys rip the wheels off of cars on curbing and the motors still ran. Sounds like nothing but an excuse. They are in such disarray they are going to blame everything on the drivers, as if that's not going to be demotivating for them.
On TV they said Leclerc had already unbuckled his seat belt when the car restarted so all he could do was return to the pits.

On TV they said Leclerc had already unbuckled his seat belt when the car restarted so all he could do was return to the pits.

I saw that. Do they really think we will believe that hitting a curb will shut the car off? Remember, the excuse for replacing Vettel's chassis is that his was cracked from a curb. Why didn't that car shut down? They are making the excuse as they go along and it never seems to be the team's fault.

Ferrari is in such face saving mode that everything from now on is going to be the driver's fault. Some people think Vettel won't finish the year, and for his sake I hope he doesn't. I don't want Vettel out of F1. I just want him out of that miserable environment.

If auto racing is contributing to the demise of the planet, it sure doesn't seem to bother Lewis. Just doesn't seem very genuine to me.

You can still eat well and advocate for world hunger at the same time.

What a ****** attempt to pin Lewis as some kind of hypocrite. Try harder

Glad Vettel got some points finally. It’s so damn hard to pass at Barcelona in F1; Ferrari finally did something right with the one-stop strategy.

Pretty snoozy but that’s what this race usually is. Spa-Monza-Mugello is an intriguing triple coming up.

Yeah definitely not the most exciting race. Wish some of that rain fell on the circuit over the last 10 laps to spice things up.

You could always address the facts instead of attacking the source.

Eh, I like Hamilton. If he wants to advocate for issues like the earth etc. and enjoys luxuries along the way, it doesn’t bother me. I like guns and enjoy them, but they still kill a ton of people each year.

As far as infowars goes, I like what Rush has to say about them, “Alex, you’re into some very strange entertainment, we all know it’s a joke, but you have the left hiding in their basements.”

You can still eat well and advocate for world hunger at the same time.

A more correct analogy would be that Lewis is eating like a pig and demanding everyone else cut back. Lewis is burning the hell out of carbon, and then telling us that we are killing the planet.

How can you credibly advocate everyone cutting their carbon emissions and then living your life burning an exorbitant sh*tton of carbon every day in the name of your petroleum sponsor, all while travelling around the world in private jets to race million dollar pollution machines?

It's either bad to burn carbon or it's not. You can't pick and choose when it's ok to pollute the planet for your own purposes and then demand everyone else save the planet without you. Do as I say, not as I do.

[/QUOTE]What a ****** attempt to pin Lewis as some kind of hypocrite. Try harder.[/QUOTE]

Well, wait. Let's be fair. How can you go around preaching about saving the planet from carbon emissions when you are jetting around the world, own a stable of gas guzzling exotic cars and have a speedboat? Let's not even mention how racing the cars and transporting them all over the place isn't making that carbon problem any better.

Like I said, the article was brutal, but a lot of it was spot on. I like Lewis, but this is exactly what it is. He could fix all of this instantly by shutting up and being a race driver instead of saying one thing and then doing another.

When you view the facts, it's not unfair to call Lewis a hypocrite on this issue.

Personally I don't buy the whole climate change thing because those people are so off the chain irrational and hysterical. I've lived through the ozone crisis which was supposed to burn us all to death, the coming big freeze, global warming, asteroid X, planet X, solar flares, solar storms,
sun spots, Y2K and even disco. Even worse was dominance, submission, radiation fear. We grew up freaking terrorized of nuclear holocausts by having to do drills where we hid under our desks at school, every damm day. Maybe people are just sick of being told about all the things that are going to get you and then never does. They were all supposed to kill us in 10 years, but 50 years later we're still here.

Admittedly though, it was a very close thing with disco.

Back
Top Bottom