F1: 2020 Styrian Grand Prix

Formula One is better this year. Lots of scrappy fighting going on in the upper midfield. Too bad it's not that fierce at the front, but there's a long way to go.

Vettel was supposed to have some sort of announcement after the race but he didn't say anything when they interviewed him.

Lol the trophy delivery system. That’s some simple ingenuity right there.

They probably spent thousands of dollars on those things, which is what you would expect in F1. Would have been a lot cheaper to hire some pretty girls to hand the trophies out, and more fun too.

Anyone hear anything about Vettel's interview with Brundle? Normally drivers never ask for a special interview, so it probably has something to do with his plans next year.

There is nowhere for him to go in F1 except maybe Alpha Torro, which would be a waste of everyone's time and a drive better suited to a young guy. Unless I missed one, and excluding Williams, I think every team is already locked up next year. I hate to see a guy with four championships whimper his way out of F1, which shows you how ridiculous the situation s.

I hope he leaves F1 and ends up in IndyCar or IMSA. A lot of guys like Kaanan, Hinch and Bourdais can't land full time rides in IndyCar, so unless Seb can bring some funding I don't think he has a chance. I think it's much more likely he ends up in either IMSA or WEC.

Man, Lando Norris is something else. He's got great wheel to wheel skills we haven't seen since Ricciardo was at Red Bull. His overtaking is aggressive but clean and controlled. Sainz had a great race going too but faded in the end. The McLaren is much, much better too, but you can see from the in-car camera the other motors are just eating him up on the straights. They are going to slide backwards unless Reault can step it up.

Perez once again can't seem to be overtaken without giving the other guy a shot. Stroll had his best race in a long time, and the whole team seems to be going forward. I wouldn't be surprised if Chico gets another podium or two this year, that is, if he can stop damaging his car on people trying to pass him.

Mostly I think if you throw out Merc and Red Bull we've got a lot of great action going. Merc is in it's own class but this is the best mid field we have probably ever seen.

I don’t think Seb would do Indy Car because of Ovals. I’m as well sad he’s probably retiring he’s been my fav since Schumacher retired the first time. I like Kimi too but his days of winning are over. I can’t imagine Seb not at Ferrari it’s going to be weird

I don’t think Seb would do Indy Car because of Ovals.

Bourdais is running Indianapolis this year for Foyt, and a few other races. I believe that's right. Bourdias was just starting to get good on ovals, so I don't think that's an issue. I believe he's running Indianapolis this year.

I’m as well sad he’s probably retiring

He's not retiring. Right now he's driving the Mustang Sampling Cadillac DPI in IMSA. He's still got a lot of good years left in him.

I can’t imagine Seb not at Ferrari it’s going to be weird

There's a guy who might want to retire. He's done in Formula One....period. The only opening I see is at Toro Alpha, which would be a waste of everyone's time. There are no cars available worthy of the guy. I hope he lands in IndyCar, but he would probably have to bring money. He could easily land a winning drive in IMSA and probably even get paid (a lot less than he's used to though).

Best bet is he becomes full time dad, and who could blame him?

Bourdais is running Indianapolis this year for Foyt, and a few other races. I believe that's right. Bourdias was just starting to get good on ovals, so I don't think that's an issue. I believe he's running Indianapolis this year.

He's not retiring. Right now he's driving the Mustang Sampling Cadillac DPI in IMSA. He's still got a lot of good years left in him.

There's a guy who might want to retire. He's done in Formula One....period. The only opening I see is at Toro Alpha, which would be a waste of everyone's time. There are no cars available worthy of the guy. I hope he lands in IndyCar, but he would probably have to bring money. He could easily land a winning drive in IMSA and probably even get paid (a lot less than he's used to though).

Best bet is he becomes full time dad, and who could blame him?
I think we got crossed I was talking about Vettel my entire post. Apologies for that

Back
Top Bottom