F1: 2021 Dutch Grand Prix

Just got done watching the races from the GT World Challenge Europe and while the track looks awesome with absolutely no margin for error, passing here will be almost impossible. The banked corners are top notch.

Can’t wait to see these cars take those corners.

Just got done watching the races from the GT World Challenge Europe and while the track looks awesome with absolutely no margin for error, passing here will be almost impossible. The banked corners are top notch.

Can’t wait to see these cars take those corners.

Yeah, it looks pretty tight. Seems like turn 3 and the DRS into turn 11 offer opportunities for overtaking.

Wonder how well they'll be able to follow during turns 13 and 14 into DRS for the turn 1 opportunity.

Wonder how well they'll be able to follow during turns 13 and 14 into DRS for the turn 1 opportunity.

That last turn was always flat, so it's hard to imagine there will be any difference. I mean, it's cool, but I don't expect a lot of passing there.

There's probably going to be more out of the fourth turn leading up the hill. You have to get a good launch because it's uphill and any lack of speed will just multiply itself compared to the guys who carry that extra speed. On any corner that leads onto a straight, exit speed i the most important factor, and the banking will really help here.

Daily Mail (a credible source, I believe) is acting like the deal is done, but I have not seen anything official.

Russell will be a Mercedes driver in 2022, but Hamilton is unhappy (msn.com)

Of course Hamilton is unhappy. Botas rarely had anything for him, but Russel just outqualified him with a Williams! I wouldn't want him in the team either!

If Botas lands, as rumored) at Alfa, this won't be a disaster for him. He needs to get out of Mercedes and away from the pressure. He just couldn't dig his way out of the current funk. Alfa will be a decent second chance, almost like starting over again.

That last turn was always flat, so it's hard to imagine there will be any difference. I mean, it's cool, but I don't expect a lot of passing there.

There's probably going to be more out of the fourth turn leading up the hill. You have to get a good launch because it's uphill and any lack of speed will just multiply itself compared to the guys who carry that extra speed. On any corner that leads onto a straight, exit speed i the most important factor, and the banking will really help here.

MXN is acting like the deal is done, but i have not seen anything official.

Russell will be a Mercedes driver in 2022, but Hamilton is unhappy (msn.com)

Of course Hamilton is unhappy. Botas rarely had anything for him, but Russel just outqualified him with a Williams! I wouldn't want him in the team either!
I don't see how a pass can really be safely executed out of turn 4, at least until turn 9. The track is ~9m wide, which is like 1/3 narrower than Maggots and Becketts through there. I don't see how you can take an alternate line through 4, 5, and 6 to overtake a car ahead of you. Plus, there's no DRS there.

I think turn 3 will be where the action is and depending on who enters turn 4 first will be who probably stays ahead for the lap.

The little action we had was intense. The marshals really did a poor job with Vettel’s car so they lost basically 30+ minutes.

The little action we had was intense. The marshals really did a poor job with Vettel’s car so they lost basically 30+ minutes.
Car was still "live" with the MGU-K.

Merc mechanics had to verify and run over to the car before letting anyone else touch the car.

If not discharged properly... You're going to have a bad day.

I don't see how a pass can really be safely executed out of turn 4, at least until turn 9. The track is ~9m wide, which is like 1/3 narrower than Maggots and Becketts through there. I don't see how you can take an alternate line through 4, 5, and 6 to overtake a car ahead of you. Plus, there's no DRS there.

I think turn 3 will be where the action is and depending on who enters turn 4 first will be who probably stays ahead for the lap.
I think the frontstretch is the only place where passing is going to be possible during the race.
The wind will likely be a factor too. If there's a headwind on the frontstretch it will be easier to overtake.

At least it looks like it will be dry as bone for this weekend. That place in the rain would be crazy.

New Gearbox for Hamilton.

Wolff said he was running the oldest PU they had.

That sucks. He’ll probably miss the race where he was going to formally announce his retirement. Bad timing with the triple headers.

Yikes. He has been summoned to the stewards.

At least one Ferrari crash per week quota met. Good thing they have infinite money because repairing one massive crashed car every week takes it’s toll.

I mean just sit in the ******* pit lane. Running side-by-side with cars coming from behind. Bunch of jokers.
I get it, I hope Nikita and Mick both learn a bit more on track respect.

Gio looks sprite as well, he's getting warmed up for WEC... I mean oop.

Car got unsettled big time, but George with the help of the gravel trap, avoided a lot of possible right rear damage.

I get it, I hope Nikita and Mick both learn a bit more on track respect.

Gio looks sprite as well, he's getting warmed up for WEC... I mean oop.
Team needs to help them out and let them know what’s going on there. Failure to communicate.

George got a little too greedy there.

Bad day for Williams.

The rear end got away from Latifi as well after he got greedy going into turn 6.

Sheeeesh. Lewis’s final sector must’ve been insane. That was closer than I expected.

Gasly P4 and Gio P7 👍
Gasly really is quite the sublime talent, isn't he?

2019 is a forgotten memory, but what he's been able to do with AT is nothing short of phenomenal.

I'd like to see Gio be more competitive in the Alfa, he has a chance tomorrow. Hopefully, the car has some solid race pace.

Back
Top Bottom