F1: 2021 French Grand Prix

Interesting, Mercedes switches Hamilton's chassis and puts it on Bottas car. He has been ahead of Hamilton in both practices while Hamilton is now complaining his car is "not right."

Mercedes looks like a headless chicken. They look desperate af.

Mick has been making a lot of mistakes, that Haas looks a handful with the the lack of aero grip it has. Shame, hè was looking good to make it in to Q2.

Car has been an absolute mess to watch onboard.

Naturally Lewis pulls half a second out of his ass when it matters most. Made it a lot closer than it was shaping up to be.

Naturally Lewis pulls half a second out of his ass when it matters most. Made it a lot closer than it was shaping up to be.

Mercedes is a bit of an enigma lately. Hamilton is literally saving them from being a mid pack team.

They still got beat by a Red Bull at the end on a track that suits them the most of any. Tomorrow should be interesting.

And Wolff knows it.

Strange comments. Guy sounds like they’re done for the year.

A little odd Mercedes waited a solid couple of laps to pit Hamilton. I think he has the pace to get the lead back though.

I am watching on a DVR and behind about one hour in real time and will follow the thread after the race .

But I do wish they and COTA would just paint the run off areas green to look like grass.
All of those day glow markings look ridiculous to me.

Excellent stuff. Bottas needed to hold off Max for another lap or two. Can’t be mad at him for being pissed though, he was right about the strategy and shouldn’t be off the podium.

Great finish, thought Hamilton was going to pull another one out of his...but no. Will be reviewing most of the race later, only saw the last 15 laps.

I am watching on a DVR and behind about one hour in real time and will follow the thread after the race .

But I do wish they and COTA would just paint the run off areas green to look like grass.
It looks terrible but I think they paint the run-off areas differently based on how strong the asphalt/tungsten mix. The red stuff is super grippy and supposed to slow the cars down the most, blue stuff less so.

That was enjoyable. Mean while , Bottas is turning his hauler into a car wash.

McLaren have such good race pace that if Ferrari have really focused all development on the 2022 car, 3rd in the WCC should easily be theirs.

AMR had really good strategy with the overcut again, got a point from Stroll starting at the back.

What happened to Bottas this time?

Geez, I don’t advocate for replacing drivers mid stream but please finish in the points?

Grass or gravel doesn't only look much better, it's also more intimidating for the drivers. Mistakes are punished.

What happened to Bottas this time?

Geez, I don’t advocate for replacing drivers mid stream but please finish in the points?

He did finished 4th. Odd, the results I saw on google had him 12th.

Checo has taken a load of crap all year for his lack of results, but in just two weeks he has overhauled Botas! That, and Checko is even more solid that we thought. This was a really good move for Red Bull.

Botas can't even beat Checo any more, so why would Mercedes keep him? The constructor's championship is probably going to hinge on what the #2 drivers do.

Warning: Parody

Yeah, that's going to be next week, which would be a pretty result in a Williams.

No point in switching now. Mercedes already lost the constructor chanpionship. They're unlikely to catch up. Almost 40 points behind with a Red Bull team that cant do worse than second place? Yeah it's over.

No point in switching now. Mercedes already lost the constructor chanpionship. They're unlikely to catch up. Almost 40 points behind with a Red Bull team that cant do worse than second place? Yeah it's over.
This is the first time Hamilton was actually been set up and passed in I don't know how long.

Things can change fast, so I don't think it's actually over. Certainly it's going the wrong direction for them right now, but that's just right now.

This is the first time Hamilton was actually been set up and passed in I don't know how long.

Things can change fast, so I don't think it's actually over. Certainly it's going the wrong direction for them right now, but that's just right now.
40 isn't a lot with 15 races remaining.

True enough. But Mercedes is a 1 man team right now. Bottas cant really be counted on much these days.

Lewis and Valtteri are upset.

Mercedes is going downhill fast. They are self destructing from within.

Back
Top Bottom