F1: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix

Destroy this track and bury it in the same ocean trench as Megatron and Starscream
Nah. Route out some slots and we can race Scalextrix there. Might still be a little narrow for RC cars though.

Suddenly Carlos' move to Ferrari doesn't seem so crazy.

Nah. Route out some slots and we can race Scalextrix there. Might still be a little narrow for RC cars though.

Suddenly Carlos' move to Ferrari doesn't seem so crazy.

It’ll be alright until they inevitably turn on him. Did it to Kimi, Alonso, Vettel.

It’ll be alright until they inevitably turn on him. Did it to Kimi, Alonso, Vettel.
I'm guessing that moment will be for 2023 when they will want Schumacher in the car.

Ferrari didn't actually treat Kimi that badly. They paid him to sit out so they could get Alonso, then brought him back, and finally made sure he settled into Alfa Romeo. It's actually a quite nice retirement plan, but he seems to be the only one.

However, yeah, Ferrari is usually quite brutal when they let drivers go.

I had no idea. Kinda disappointed I missed it even tho it was ho-hum it sounds like.

There were no passes on track that I saw other than Mick on Mazepin on lap 1. Everything else happened on pit road. I regret waking up at 7AM for this.

Well. let's not throw the team under the bus or anything, but let's throw the team under the bus..............

Hamilton surprised by poor team performance from Mercedes | RACER
As a team they did lose out on a lot of points at the end of the day. Bottas lost out on a podium and Lewis lost like two or three spots.

Lewis' answers are pretty standard, at the same time its frustrating because the undercut attempt they tried against Gasly was not a bad idea at all. The in lap was good, the pit stop was good, and the out lap was good as well. Gasly just happened to be a bit ahead at the end.

“But we lost a lot of points today for a really, really poor performance from the team, and definitely a little bit surprised by it. But these things are sent to try us.”

“It’s all we can do. We’ll look internally, have some good discussions and try and come back stronger the next race. We obviously have some weak points with our car, and this race and the next race (Baku) will be just as tough I think. For us, at this cold circuit, it’s really hard to get the tires working, so we’ve got a good battle on our hands.”
Nothing to see here, just a frustrated driver after a massive team breakdown today.

Wouldn't be surprised if Lewis walks at the end of the year if this continues. It's been building for a while. He's going to go off at some point.

The poor pit stops and strategies from Mercedes is not cutting it for the two drivers. They are doing their jobs, the people in the stalls clearly aren't.

Bottas is the one really bearing the brunt of it, to be honest. When Mercedes ***** up, it always hurts Bottas twice as bad for some reason.

Well, that was a different race for a change. No passing but it's to be expected at Monaco. I still enjoy watching them drive around it because of the history.

As a team they did lose out on a lot of points at the end of the day.

He was full of praise for them just last week, so to turn it upside down like that...well, didn't see that coming. Hamilton threw them under the bus yesterday too. Just seems out of character coming from him.

Still, if this is as catastrophic as it gets, it must be good to be Lewis Hamilton.

Max Verstappen running his mouth already. Lol

All that does is fuel and make Hamilton mad. Better drivers have gone head to head against him and felt short. I’d be chilled and just take the wins if I were Max. No need to antagonize Mercedes and Hamilton.

Hats off to LeClerc for hanging out for the podium party. He will be really hungry for it next year.
Glad to see some smiles at Ferrari.
No one was going to deny Max today.
Mercedes, well, I will just say they were due for a bad weekend. Certainly did not expect
a lug nut to take out a car. Not sure I have ever seen a dnf due to a lug nut. They are
still the best motorsports constructor on the planet (imo) so I expect a rebound
over the next races. It is refreshing seeing a RedBull and Ferrari surge though. The sport needs it.

Hopefully Lewis comes to the remaining races with that positive champions attitude he is
capable of having.

Hopefully Lewis comes to the remaining races with that positive champions attitude he is
capable of having.
Oh, it's going to be much worse for the others than that. Nobody is better than Hamilton when his back is against the wall.

But, just last race Hamilton put such a beatdown on everyone that Verstappen even admitted they were too slow. It really looked like the tide had turned, but this week it went the other way! Now Red Bull leads both championships and Hamilton is criticizing his own team! This is some crazy stuff and it all turned on a dime.

I could be very wrong here, but I think Lewis calling the team out is the biggest story of the weekend. That's so totally out of character for him. Hamilton is a team guy all the way and always has been. You gotta wonder what's going on that we don't know about.

Yeah, we will see if Merc rights the ship or if there is some sort of implosion brewing.

He was full of praise for them just last week, so to turn it upside down like that...well, didn't see that coming. Hamilton threw them under the bus yesterday too. Just seems out of character coming from him.

Still, if this is as catastrophic as it gets, it must be good to be Lewis Hamilton.
Mercedes had a terrible day, Toto was pissed off after the race, Bottas was irked afterwards and Lewis was off all-weekend.

It's fine, its a part of racing. You can be full of praise one day and then be upset another, that's just being human. Mercedes got a much needed wake-up call, they might struggle at Baku as well if the ambient temps are low again.

They could not get the tires operating like they wanted and had high degradation. Not a good mix.

Also, look at this:

Mercedes has had temp issues for years. That they haven't fixed those issues by now it's entirely on them.

Back
Top Bottom