F1: 2024 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix

Mercedes going out sad.

Lewis is going out even sadder. Russell is committing a war crime against him this year. Not how you want to go to a new team where there awaits one of the faster, if not fastest qualifier in F1 right now.

This could be a pretty good one. McLaren and Ferrari should have something for Max in race pace.

Did they change up the circuit in the past couple years or am I really out of it this AM?

Mercedes going out sad.

Lewis is going out even sadder. Russell is committing a war crime against him this year. Not how you want to go to a new team where there awaits one of the faster, if not fastest qualifier in F1 right now.
Bad weekend gets worse. Unfortunately his pace just isn’t what it used to be and he’s more prone to mistakes at his age now. Still a good driver, just not as great as a few years ago.

Dang. That was fun. This is just a bunch of fast sweepers and a couple slow-ish corners.
Imola is probably too much of an old-school track for its own good. I think a lot of fans probably appreciate COVID bringing it back given all the heritage and the very real emotion associated with Senna, but strictly from a racing perspective you could probably get a much better product with modern cars at Mugello.

Great ending.

In the past 3 weeks I've gotten Darlington Cup and now this great F1 finish on TV. Kansas Cup and Indy qualifying in-person. That's a pretty damn good string of racing!

Lando made Max work for that one, that was tight. Both drivers really wrung the hell out of it at the end. Wonder what happened to Max’s pace because it seemed like Lando gained five seconds at some point all of a sudden.

Would’ve been a great three-way fight if Leclerc hadn’t screwed himself and gone off at Variante Alta.

By next year, we can possibly see an actual close battle. Who knew it was McLaren bringing the heat.

As long as Max doesn’t win by 30 seconds, these finishes are ok by me.

Lando made Max work for that one, that was tight. Both drivers really wrung the hell out of it at the end. Wonder what happened to Max’s pace because it seemed like Lando gained five seconds at some point all of a sudden.

Would’ve been a great three-way fight if Leclerc hadn’t screwed himself and gone off at Variante Alta.

As we all know catching and passing are two way different things.

By next year, we can possibly see an actual close battle. Who knew it was McLaren bringing the heat.

As long as Max doesn’t win by 30 seconds, these finishes are ok by me.
The season is long enough that I don’t think the championship is a wrap already, so long as McLaren and Ferrari keep making strides.

Aston Martin are hugely disappointing on the other hand. They just keep sliding.

Max is out of his comfort zone. He had to work for that one.
Not the most exciting race but nice to see them race at a traditional European venue again.
Unfortunately I don't see a way this one stays on the schedule beyond 2026 and we might lose two more tracks in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom