F1: 2024 Monaco Grand Prix

Damn. Alonso and Perez out in Q1. Checo is back to last year's form and Alonso has qualified behind Stroll for the third consecutive time iirc.
Really unfortunate form from Perez again recently. Pretty much zero chance of scoring points from back there at Monaco. He needs to snap out of it before Red Bull give him that seat again for next year.

Verstappen P6 after brushing the barrier on his final run, Leclerc on pole…maybe the hometown hero finally breaks his string of horrendous Monaco luck tomorrow.

Really unfortunate form from Perez again recently. Pretty much zero chance of scoring points from back there at Monaco. He needs to snap out of it before Red Bull give him that seat again for next year.
Tsunoda has to be considered for next year, honestly. His form has been fantastic.

Tsunoda has to be considered for next year, honestly. His form has been fantastic.
Yuki has become a regular in Q3. I wish Red Bull would give him a real chance, but it seems like too many of these teams simply want to maintain status quo and lack any real vision anymore.

Yuki has become a regular in Q3. I wish Red Bull would give him a real chance, but it seems like too many of these teams simply want to maintain status quo and lack any real vision anymore.
I have no clue either, but I wonder if Honda has kinda put the brakes on that possibility with Red Bull switching to Ford in 2026?

How to overtake at Monaco:

Option #1: Heroics into Sainte-Devoite

Option #2: The tunnel if you're feeling brave

Option #3: The Nouvelle Chicane or Rascasse, MAYBE

Option #4: Be Mahaveer Raghunathan by cutting Sainte-Devoite, and bulldozing everybody out of the way

I have no clue either, but I wonder if Honda has kinda put the brakes on that possibility with Red Bull switching to Ford in 2026?
If he can get in with Aston Martin-Honda in ‘26 that would be sublime. That AM team is going to need some shaking up to take things to the next level and Alonso can’t last much longer anyways.

That might make the battle for 15th a little more interesting. Monoco is usually a snoozer but there are a lot of interesting stories in this one.

Max lost Miami on some bad luck and a damaged floor, so none of us thought that was the end of the dominance for Verstappen, but it just might be. I never expected Max to not be on pole here, so did everyone catch up, or are they missing Newey already? The amount of complaining Max does on the radio is something we have very rarely seen out of him. Max had such a brilliant recovery in Imola I thought that guy was back, but now he comes to the one place we all probably thought he was going to dominate and struggles. You see what a champion is made of when his back is against the wall, so let's see what Max can make out of it.

Speaking of one guy who has had his back to the wall for a while is Hamilton. He was fast all weekend, consistently, and consistency has been their complaint the last three seasons. Maybe they are finally getting a grip on it.

I think the real fun is going to be Fernando and Sergio near the back and the Haas drivers fighting with all the tail enders. It might be for 15th, but it might also be a better battle that what's up front.

We've also got the story of the homeboy on pole, and just too many other thigs to list. It might not be a great race, but there are a lot of great stories brewing.

Unless a miracle happens Max won't win today so 2024 is already a more competitive season than 2023.
After all that happened in his last attempts here I'd love to see Chuck get that win and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does.
For me this is still the biggest highlight of the F1 season.
With cars longer than a Mercedes S-Class no one can be surprised that they can't pass here but the 2026 car is supposed to be more compact.
This race shouldn't be dropped from the schedule under any circumstances.

Bearman might get another chance soon.

Looks like Perez squeezed Mags, but when you've got 10 penalty points you better not get into any scrapes.

There was so much stupid sht going on this could very well turn into a Twilight Zone race.

I'm catching up. Just saw the Renault bros take each other out. They are this year's Keystone Cops team.

Reactions: sdj
F1TV is roasting Perez and the Renault bros. After seeing the replays, it looks like Perez shut the door and Mags might be ok. I'de love to see him sit out a race, but this one may not have been his fault. Still, Mags had plenty of time to back out of it.

The first three cars are just cruising. You can see Carlos close up on Piastri and time he wants. From the in car cameras they look really slow.

The red flag rules are horrendous…always have been. Even had instances in the past here at Monaco where they altered the dynamic of the race. No idea why they continue to allow this to happen. There probably wasn’t going to be any passing anyways with these behemoths of a race car, but especially not when the field is trying to make the full race length on one set of tires.

The red flag rules are horrendous…always have been. Even had instances in the past here at Monaco where they altered the dynamic of the race. No idea why they continue to allow this to happen. There probably wasn’t going to be any passing anyways with these behemoths of a race car, but especially not when the field is trying to make the full race length on one set of tires.
I don't get it either. If the race is stopped that should mean no work on the car.

It’s amazing how they continue to allow this. One of the biggest faults with F1

Seeing how well produced F1's broadcasts are makes me really wish NASCAR would have shoved a boot up Fox and NBC's asses already and demanded they fix it. Or at least taken their TV production in house, because of their new facility

Back
Top Bottom