F1: Austrian Grand Prix

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
DDgYUksW0AASlrq.jpg

Saw one car go off over the curb, into the grass and back on track. But in trying to get back over the curb, the car hooked
something underneath on the edge of the curb and tore it off.

They're leaving Kimi out there to rot. LOL

What did Sainz do? From the bit I've watched when cell service allowed, looked like a snoozer.

What did Sainz do? From the bit I've watched when cell service allowed, looked like a snoozer.

Talked about how he wasn't racing the full year presumably because the car sucks. The owners were quick to remind him that he has to honor his contract.

Talked about how he wasn't racing the full year presumably because the car sucks. The owners were quick to remind him that he has to honor his contract.

Wow. How to kill your F1 career in one simple step.

I kindof understand though, it's not like an RB seat is going to open for him anyways, might as well burn the ****** down and look elsewhere. Pretty ballsy though lol

As talented as Alonso is, he will never get another top ride again. He's just too old. The top teams are looking to secure their future with young stars.

As talented as Alonso is, he will never get another top ride again. He's just too old. The top teams are looking to secure their future with young stars.
I thought he may have a shot at Mercedes but Bottas is proving himself worthy of a permanent ride, Ferrari don't want two #1 drivers and probably don't want to deal with Fernando again anyways. But if I'm Renault I'm definitely looking at him and honestly, if I'm Fernando and I can get assurance that we'll be getting PUs from Mercedes or Ferrari next year I may just stay there. The chassis is good, it's all the Honda stuff that's the problem. A McLaren-Mercedes or McLaren-Ferrari (it's bizarre seeing that typed out) is an instant contender, IMO.

I thought he may have a shot at Mercedes but Bottas is proving himself worthy of a permanent ride, Ferrari don't want two #1 drivers and probably don't want to deal with Fernando again anyways. But if I'm Renault I'm definitely looking at him and honestly, if I'm Fernando and I can get assurance that we'll be getting PUs from Mercedes or Ferrari next year I may just stay there. The chassis is good, it's all the Honda stuff that's the problem. A McLaren-Mercedes or McLaren-Ferrari (it's bizarre seeing that typed out) is an instant contender, IMO.
If they switch to Mercedes or Ferrari won't they be getting last year's Power Units?

Never was a big fan of McClaren, but damn does another McMerc sound good right now.

The racing will have sacrificed since the Honda deal, but now, one great team may end up turning into two.

If they switch to Mercedes or Ferrari won't they be getting last year's Power Units?
They'll be getting the most recent ones, they'll have to pay for it instead of being paid for it though. And they won't be getting the support that Honda provides, but it doesn't really matter when the PU is as bad as it is. Sauber and Toro Rosso have run the old-spec PUs recently but not because they're forced to. Sauber wanted to stick to the 2016 PUs because of the delay in confirming the 2017 regulations.

Alonso is not too old.

I've said if Renault was serious about getting back to contending for titles, sign Alonso and retain Hulkenburg. Also, if Massa retires after this year, Williams should be gunning for him.

Back
Top Bottom