F1 Chinese Grand Prix 2013

S

SuperTex14

Almost time for the Formula 1 circus to hit Shanghai, China. Hopefully they will bring their own food and avoid the bird flu outbreak. And double hopefully, that isn't what caused Hambone to cut short his media obligations today.

Track: Shanghai International Circuit, Shanghai (5.451km)
Laps: 56
Corners: 16
Lap Record: Michael Schumacher 1:32.238s (2004)
Tire Compounds: Soft (Option); Medium (Hard)
2012 Winner: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
2012 Pole Position: Nico Rosberg (Mercedes)
2012 Fastest Lap: Kamui Kobayashi (Sauber) – 1:39.960
DRS Zones: Main straight (T16 to T1); T13 to T14
Friday – Free Practice 1: 10:00am local/10:00pm ET (Thursday)
Friday – Free Practice 2: 14:00pm local/02:00am ET
Saturday - Free Practice 3: 11:00am local/11:00pm ET (Friday)
Saturday – Qualifying: 14:00pm local/02:00am ET
Sunday – Race: 15:00pm local/03:00am ET

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/11/2013-chinese-grand-prix-preview/

Congrats to Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes on their pole, looks like he wasn't nuts for leaving McLearen after all.
What's up with Red Bull...sheesh...lol:p

Congrats to Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes on their pole, looks like he wasn't nuts for leaving McLearen after all.
What's up with Red Bull...sheesh...lol:p

Yeah, I guess we can count Webber out. He only wins when he starts up front.

Interesting 'strategy' on the part of Red Bull, although they may have forced themselves into that corner by playing the wait-till-the-last-minute game with everyone else. At least Seb is starting on the harder white striped tires, if they've learned how Lotus can set up the car to be easy on the rubber, then he may be able to move to the front.

Interesting 'strategy' on the part of Red Bull, although they may have forced themselves into that corner by playing the wait-till-the-last-minute game with everyone else. At least Seb is starting on the harder white striped tires, if they've learned how Lotus can set up the car to be easy on the rubber, then he may be able to move to the front.

Yeah, could be a rope-a-dope by Red Bull, though I still wouldn't bet on my man Mark Webber.

I was going to post something about how interesting it would be if Webber wound up ahead of Vettel again, but it appears that the team made adjustments to prevent that before the race even started:

Mark Webber has been excluded from Chinese GP qualifying after refuelling glitch
The team admitted it had not put sufficient fuel in the car. As specified in the Technical Delegate's report (Document 21), only 150ml of fuel was on board which was insufficient to provide the 1 litre fuel sample and drive the car back to the pits under its own power.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1...Chinese-GP-qualifying-after-refuelling-glitch

Not good. Looks less and less likely that Webber will stay at Red Bull when the year is over.

Not good. Looks less and less likely that Webber will stay at Red Bull when the year is over.
Yeah that could be, hard to tell if he'd be willing to move down to a lesser team after being in one of the best designed cars on the grid the last few years (a la Barrichello). So, V8 Supercars, or WEC? Doubtful that he would follow Marcos over here, but I don't know where his sponsorship power lies.

My better half thinks he should just pull the plug and go act in Aussie soap operas while he still has the looks.

Yeah that could be, hard to tell if he'd be willing to move down to a lesser team after being in one of the best designed cars on the grid the last few years (a la Barrichello). So, V8 Supercars, or WEC? Doubtful that he would follow Marcos over here, but I don't know where his sponsorship power lies.

My better half thinks he should just pull the plug and go act in Aussie soap operas while he still has the looks.

There's always a singing career!

Apparently webber is a big NASCAR fan. Highly doubtful though. I would love to see him do well tonight.(today?)

I'm pulling for Lewis though.

Webber is probably the closest thing to a "favorite guy" I have in F1.

I'm more of a 'teams' fan when it comes to F1, and have a lot of praise for what Ross Brawn has done with every team he's been on since Benetton back when I started watching closely enough to notice. We've got a big Hamilton fan in the house though, and I can appreciate his skill. He sure looks like a genius this year with all the trouble McLaren are having so far.

Okay then picks:
Hambone or Kimi, with Rosberg as my not-so-dark horse. Oh wait, there're two Ferraris, too. This is hard...

Hamilton for me, with Rosberg as a dark horse. I know, not really going out on a limb, but to my credit, I did predict Mercedes would do good before qualifying.

Hamilton for me, with Rosberg as a dark horse. I know, not really going out on a limb, but to my credit, I did predict Mercedes would do good before qualifying.
It'll be interesting to see how "Mahk" does coming from the back, or from park ferme like Red Bull did when Vettel ran out of gas during qualifying last year.

Anybody going to watch live? I'm up waiting for my better half to get home from her gig, so I might as well stay up now.

Boogity, Boogity, Boogity! Let's Go Racing Boys!

Oh wait. Wrong series.

Everybody saying Webber will be fast because they've worked on his car. Guess we'll have to see.

I am watching with eye, sleeping with other. I am working 12 hours starting at 6am EST.
A long day.

I LOVE this podium! Great race! Good luck Greg. Haha
It is time to passss outtttt

I don't know how Hamilton held him off there.

Another great F1 race. Alonso is something special. Another good run for Kimi. Don't know what happened to my man Mahk Webber.

I'm really jonesing for an IndyCar race now, but, have to wait a week.

As a Ferrari fan I enjoyed the race. The strategy was fun. I thought that Massa would be higher up in the order.

As far a Webber, I think it's pretty obvious his ill fated move was overly optimistic at best. And people discuss him leaving but to go where? He's making a fortune and driving amazing equipment. Plus he's a bit long in the tooth for F1.

As a Ferrari fan I enjoyed the race. The strategy was fun. I thought that Massa would be higher up in the order.

As far a Webber, I think it's pretty obvious his ill fated move was overly optimistic at best. And people discuss him leaving but to go where? He's making a fortune and driving amazing equipment. Plus he's a bit long in the tooth for F1.

I don't know. Webber is being kicked around at Red Bull. Like NBC Sports Net said last week during the GP, Red Bull treats Vettel like the golden son and Webber like the hired gun. With what happened at Malaysia, you have to wonder if Webber will ever be given a chance to win a championship at Red Bull.

I agree but I just don't think there is anything better out there for him in terms of equipment or a chance to win a Championship. The only thing he can really do is just concentrate on the things over which he has control and do his best.

I agree but I just don't think there is anything better out there for him in terms of equipment or a chance to win a Championship. The only thing he can really do is just concentrate on the things over which he has control and do his best.

Like hit Vettel the next time that little chit disobeys team orders?

Why does Horner even tell the Seb what to do? They should just tell Weber to pull it over to save both cars.

Back
Top Bottom