F1 Jeddah Race thread

Deal with it. Max is a ****head who never learns his lesson. Maybe he was beat too much as a kid, I don't know.
Jos beat up his girlfriend and tried to run her over with his car. Jos also cracked a guy's skull at a karting event, so it's hard to believe Max wasn't exposed to some of that.

In Max' defense (which I can't believe I am doing), lazy, biased, and inconsistent stewarding has led up to this. They have let so much slide since Senna/Prost (and later, Schumacher) that there may as well be no rules. The rules also contradict each other. For example, we keep hearing about the "one defensive move" rule while the written rules expressly forbid it. What's legal this week is not next week, and then it's legal again the week after that.

So, you almost never know what the stewards are going to do, but they seem to take the easy way out every time when it comes to driving standards.

So, in a way it's not Max' fault because he's been allowed to get away with it his whole time in F1. Prost takes out Senna, Senna takes out Prost, Schumacher takes out everyone. Chop, block, swerve and take each other out. Dirty driving is just how F1 is done because that's what they have allowed it to become.

If I remember right you're not supposed to give and take a position in the same sequence. Hamilton himself got a win stripped for giving then taking a position in the same breath to Kimi back in 2008.

If I remember right you're not supposed to give and take a position in the same sequence. Hamilton himself got a win stripped for giving then taking a position in the same breath to Kimi back in 2008.
The stewards and FIA need to work on communication with the teams.

To be fair, Lewis was not told of Max giving the position back until right after the contact occurred. This is why I'm so confused as to why Lewis being blamed for causing the incident. It's just like Baku in 2017 tbh, its just such a bang-bang call, no one can really be blamed for what happened.

Karun has a pretty good clip here though:

Jos beat up his girlfriend and tried to run her over with his car. Jos also cracked a guy's skull at a karting event, so it's hard to believe Max wasn't exposed to some of that.

In Max' defense (which I can't believe I am doing), lazy, biased, and inconsistent stewarding has led up to this. They have let so much slide since Senna/Prost (and later, Schumacher) that there may as well be no rules. The rules also contradict each other. For example, we keep hearing about the "one defensive move" rule while the written rules expressly forbid it. What's legal this week is not next week, and then it's legal again the week after that.

So, you almost never know what the stewards are going to do, but they seem to take the easy way out every time when it comes to driving standards.

So, in a way it's not Max' fault because he's been allowed to get away with it his whole time in F1. Prost takes out Senna, Senna takes out Prost, Schumacher takes out everyone. Chop, block, swerve and take each other out. Dirty driving is just how F1 is done because that's what they have allowed it to become.
I don't care for Jos and abused kids unfortunately will often take on the same flaws.
But I hope Max will be able to beat those demons

Max was trying to dictate where the pass would be made so he could use DRS to retake the lead. I think Hamilton knew what he was doing and tried to avoid it.

I prefer the push-to-pass that Indycar uses. I first thought it was a gimmick but seeing it in practice it allows drivers to strategically use it for offense or defense rather than the limited offense of DRS.

Max was trying to dictate where the pass would be made so he could use DRS to retake the lead. I think Hamilton knew what he was doing and tried to avoid it.

I prefer the push-to-pass that Indycar uses. I first thought it was a gimmick but seeing it in practice it allows drivers to strategically use it for offense or defense rather than the limited offense of DRS.
Yeah, DRS is pretty bad especially when lapped cars can give a DRS boost to lead lap cars. Not as bad as Formula E fanboost gimmick, though. In that one fans can vote which drive gets an extra boost.

The stewards and FIA need to work on communication with the teams.

To be fair, Lewis was not told of Max giving the position back until right after the contact occurred. This is why I'm so confused as to why Lewis being blamed for causing the incident. It's just like Baku in 2017 tbh, its just such a bang-bang call, no one can really be blamed for what happened.

Karun has a pretty good clip here though:

2.4 gs under braking there is ridiculous. That was reckless and deserves more than a 10 sec meaningless penalty. He’s cracking under the pressure.

I don't think think it will happen, at least Max will not deliberately take out Lewis.
Schumacher had all championship points taken away from him when he attempted to wreck Villeneuve for the 1997 championship.
They did not strip Schumacher of a championship though. He was stripped of second place, which he probably didn't care about anyway. If he had succeeded, maybe it would have been different, but I doubt it. I can't imagine they would actually take a championship away from someone. It would be a horrible precedent, kind of like it's a horrible precedent that Max is allowed to do what he does.

Will Max take Lewis out? If he has to, I'll bet he does.

They did not strip Schumacher of a championship though. He was stripped of second place, which he probably didn't care about anyway. If he had succeeded, maybe it would have been different, but I doubt it. I can't imagine they would actually take a championship away from someone. It would be a horrible precedent, kind of like it's a horrible precedent that Max is allowed to do what he does.

Will Max take Lewis out? If he has to, I'll bet he does.

He got stripped of second place in the standing which is significant. I don’t see how it would be different now. The precedent is already set. You take someone out, you get disqualified.

Here even more so since they are actually dead even. You have to do something. Beyond disqualification. Something like stripping his license or something given how he has behaved this year overall.

He got stripped of second place in the standing which is significant. I don’t see how it would be different now. The precedent is already set. You take someone out, you get disqualified.

Here even more so since they are actually dead even. You have to do something. Beyond disqualification. Something like stripping his license or something given how he has behaved this year overall.
But. But. "Game 7 Moment". :XXROFL: :sarcasm:

He got stripped of second place in the standing which is significant.
Do you really believe Schumacher cared about second place? He got to keep his wins and poles, and I believe he got to keep his points so what did he really lose except a second place he probably didn't care about?
I don’t see how it would be different now. The precedent is already set. You take someone out, you get disqualified.
Precedent doesn't seem to matter to the FIA, after all, Prost took out Senna, then Senna took out Prost. and they didn't do anything. Then Schumacher took out Hill to win the 94 title, and again the FIA did nothing. That's three examples of taking someone out to win the championship with no penalty, so if there is any precedent, there it is. If it happens this time, they won't do anything again.

Here even more so since they are actually dead even.
Except this time Max wins the tiebreaker. All he has to do is line Lewis up and punt.

You can't do anything this late because it effects the championship. You can't have the stewards deciding a world championship. They should have DQed Max on the spot last weekend, but now it's too late to do anything. This championship will probably be decided by a dirty trick. Since the entire season is defined by dirty tricks, that seems appropriate enough.

Do you really believe Schumacher cared about second place? He got to keep his wins and poles, and I believe he got to keep his points so what did he really lose except a second place he probably didn't care about?

Precedent doesn't seem to matter to the FIA, after all, Prost took out Senna, then Senna took out Prost. and they didn't do anything. Then Schumacher took out Hill to win the 94 title, and again the FIA did nothing. That's three examples of taking someone out to win the championship with no penalty, so if there is any precedent, there it is. If it happens this time, they won't do anything again.

Except this time Max wins the tiebreaker. All he has to do is line Lewis up and punt.

You can't do anything this late because it effects the championship. You can't have the stewards deciding a world championship. They should have DQed Max on the spot last weekend, but now it's too late to do anything. This championship will probably be decided by a dirty trick. Since the entire season is defined by dirty tricks, that seems appropriate enough.

Read my last post on the new thread. Lol

Back
Top Bottom