F1: Malaysian Grand Prix

Looks like Ferrari is throwing in the towel.

They were poised to strike here like in the last race and it all fell apart.

I don’t see Mercedes letting up now. BTW, nice call on them to split the new racing packages between Botha’s and Hamilton.

Bottas got the new stuff and Lewis the old package.

Yes, this is incredible. Quite confident this will
lock it for Lew and Merc. Still gonna be a race with plenty of
story lines to follow. I am most interested in seeing how the rookie
Gasly does. Be cool if he can get in the points. Haas' mojo
is missing right now. Can Vettel reach the podium?

Favorite Hobbism from this a.m. :"knickers in a knot"

Can Vettel reach the podium?

Man, I want to see a big charge from the back to the front but I think the odds are stacked against him.

I'm going to go with a top 6 or 7 for sure. The top 5 are too strong, imo.

But you can always count on Verstappen to blow up or the usual 2017 shenanigans from him and his team.

That still leaves Hamilton, Kimi, Bottas, Riciardo ahead though.

Also I heard on the radio him talking about not having Turbo or something. That can still pop up during the race tomorrow.

Man, I want to see a big charge from the back to the front but I think the odds are stacked against him.

I'm going to go with a top 6 or 7 for sure. The top 5 are too strong, imo.

But you can always count on Verstappen to blow up or the usual 2017 shenanigans from him and his team.

That still leaves Hamilton, Kimi, Bottas, Riciardo ahead though.

Also I heard on the radio him talking about not having Turbo or something. That can still pop up during the race tomorrow.
Yes to all of that . It will probably take some turn 1 misfortunes at the start (I hope not) to take out
a few strong cars. Also interested to see what Bottas does with his setup. Just so many questions
to be answered. Speaking of questions, who is the pic of in your avatar? I am guessing some sort
of Hollywood starlet but cant place a name.

who is the pic of in your avatar? I am guessing some sort
of Hollywood starlet but cant place a name.

My ultimate crush.

She's not really a hollywood elite type actress but she did do a movie. It sucked.

This is Gina Carano from MMA.

My ultimate crush.

She's not really a hollywood elite type actress but she did do a movie. It sucked.

This is Gina Carano from MMA.
Going off on a little tangent here, but your crush was killin' it in Deadpool. :biggrin: Wait a minute, that's not the movie you're saying "sucked", is it?! :blink:

Rooting for Kimi to pull off the "upset" tomorrow. Yeah, it probably seems heavy-handed calling the idea of him winning in a Ferrari an upset, but... I've gotten used to him just doing enough to get podiums the last few seasons. :unsure: It would be neat to see him finally get the win that he has surely been wanting desperately. :cool:
:excl:Mad Max better not try to beat the field into turn one, as that has not been working for him this season.:excl:
SVD seems to be picking it up lately! :smile:

Going off on a little tangent here, but your crush was killin' it in Deadpool. :biggrin: Wait a minute, that's not the movie you're saying "sucked", is it?! :blink:

Her first blockbuster movie, Haywire.

I hadn't realized she was in deadpool. I've been meaning to watch that movie but hadn't gotten around to do so.

McLaren have such a good chassis they might actually be able to compete for podiums next year despite moving up only to the third-best PU.

And it looks like Red Bull still have race pace they showed in practice. This is good.

It looks like Ferrari were the fastest with Vettel more or less matching Verstappen's pace on the slower tire, which makes their implosion all the worse. But if Vettel were to get a safety car, this could be get real interesting.

WTF were Red Bull doing with Ricciardo's strategy, and how did he go from closing in on Hamilton only a few seconds behind to down by 12+ seconds?

Those Force India drivers drive like complete morons.

Bottas got dusted.

Mercedes needs to scrap that new package, it sucks.

Kavyat is finished. Gasley did a great job.

Congrats Max. What a drive for Vettel.

Pretty solid drive from Vettel, just killed those super softs trying to get around and Ricciardo and had no shot after that. Not entirely out of the championship yet but he's gonna need a lot of help.

Max's car doesn't fail for once and he winds up winning. How about that?

I thought I saw Vettel lose concentration and pummeled into Stroll. His inboard camera showed a wierd lapsed of attention on his part.

Gotta see it again though.

That was a nice surprise to see Max V. dominate. A weekend to forget (again) for the prancing
horses'. Everything went wrong that could go wrong . Definitely crumbling a little bit
under pressure, maybe from trying too hard. Vettel salvaged a solid 4th though and just
when you thought he saved Ferrari from further embarrassment, nope, wasn't to be.
Haas seems to be stuck in the mud for the moment but they finished with 29 team points last year
and are currently at 37 ytd which is progress.

Still gonna take some sort of weird massive bad luck cloud to hit Lew but I just don't see it happening.

Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes are pretty evenly matched right now. It will be interesting to see who wins the remaining races.

Cant believe Ferrari spotted Mercedes two races in a row.

And it was two races they really should have won, and maybe even 1, 2. Now all Hamilton has to do is cruise and collect. Ferrari as much as gave this championship away. It's a little early to say it's over, but only a bizarre reversal of fortunes is even going to make this one close.

Good news for Verstappen though. After the horrid luck he has had this season, it was a good reward to beat in a straight fight.

Her first blockbuster movie, Haywire.

I hadn't realized she was in deadpool. I've been meaning to watch that movie but hadn't gotten around to do so.
Ah, yeah, I got you now. She is. Spoiler alert - the movie is badass. :)

The winners in the world of motorsports have been interesting today, for sure. It makes me happy to see Max finally show that last year's win was not a one-off! Kimi couldn't even make the start of the race, though, which sucked big time. Anyway, Max won, and Stoffel got a cheerful seventh. Cool stuff!

Max is not the only young dude getting wins - Aiden Moffat won a BTCC race today. :)

Speaking of Kimmi, I think it's fair to say he's got to be Ferrari's #2 right now. The #2's job is to steal points from rivals and win when the #1 can't. The one time Kimmi has a chance to do his job they can't even get the car off the grid. Vettel couldn't get out of the garage for qualifying, so what the hell is going on with Ferrari? Even if they wanted to give this championship away they couldn't do a better job than they have in the last two races.

Just saw the replay of the race and Stroll definitely took a right in to Vettel.
Almost looked as he was distracted and lost the wheel for a sec. Who knows, he could
of been texting the gal pal, lol.

Just saw the replay of the race and Stroll definitely took a right in to Vettel.
Almost looked as he was distracted and lost the wheel for a sec. Who knows, he could
of been texting the gal pal, lol.

From Vettel’s on board it looks like he was heading there. I think they both lost concentration. The FIA said neither were at blame.

They may have to change the gearbox and taking a penalty now for Suzuka.

From Vettel’s on board it looks like he was heading there. I think they both lost concentration. The FIA said neither were at blame.

They may have to change the gearbox and taking a penalty now for Suzuka.
See if you can find the video view from behind both cars( I couldn't). That was the smoking gun angle IMO.
It is obvious Stroll was distracted , the car just took a hard right . Really weird. Oh well,
I wonder what that costs Ferrari? A couple $100 bucks I bet lol.

Back
Top Bottom