F1/NASCAR Texas clash "asinine", says Tony Stewart

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
So true

“I think it is asinine,” he said. “I think there are two promoters who have their heads up their asses to book it that way.

“Why would you not take the opportunity to book them on separate weekends and have the opportunity to have the people stay for a week and enjoy two totally different forms of major motorsports?”

Pushed on the fact that it was the second time the events had clashed, he said: “Yeah and you would think they would learn the first time. So it shows how big idiots they are.”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/nascar-clash-asinine-tony-stewart/4590574/amp/

I agree in the broad sense. It doesn't need to happen. Sure seems like Gossage and TMS are more worried about the effects. I doubt COTA has enough sway to pick their date. This is probably more on the F1 higher ups, who remain rather tone deaf and disconnected despite frequently expressing that they want a larger American presence.

As it relates to where the race falls within the Americas swing with Mexico and Brazil it’s more important where the GP falls among other events in Austin, specifically UT football weekends. It’s not ideal but another race a few hours away is never going to be the priority when considering other entertainment draws.

So who went more where? F1 race seems packed.

Back
Top Bottom