F1 Qatar Race Thread (Presented by Track limits)

What the f..

I'm in favor of drivers needing to stay on the road. At most modern F1 tracks, there is a general absence of actual dirt, gravel, grass, or curbs to mark the racing surface. There is only paint. When they can't (or won't) keep it between the painted lines, something's gotta give.. :idunno:

It has to hurt ... driver and team.

Until it does, Max and/or Lewis is 5 cars wide over the curb.

I'm in favor of drivers needing to stay on the road. At most modern F1 tracks, there is a general absence of actual dirt, gravel, grass, or curbs to mark the racing surface. There is only paint. When they can't (or won't) keep it between the painted lines, something's gotta give.. :idunno:

Dont get me wrong, I'm all for track limits but during the race and qualifying. When you police this in practices it gets kind of annoying.

Moving on.

Opening pandora's box. But that's what they get for being incomptent. Already Leclerc, Norris and a bunch of team principals said they'd be driving just like Max now since he doesn't seem to do no wrong this year.

You're comparing apples to oranges. F1 is the pinacle of racing for a reason.
Because Europeans don't know what good racing is?

Opening pandora's box. But that's what they get for being incomptent. Already Leclerc, Norris and a bunch of team principals said they'd be driving just like Max now since he doesn't seem to do no wrong this year.

Oh, the carnage is going to be epic.

Don’t think this really sets a precedent because the stewards change from race to race. And the window to take any action realistically ended when the race did. Grid penalties are typically only imposed at the next race in cases of DNFs and a retroactive time penalty wasn’t feasible either since the race would’ve played out differently if the teams involved would’ve known there was one coming. The time to do that was immediately after it happened. So no point in reviewing the incident a week later.

No a joke is F1 rules in the first place, and that anyone thinks it makes good racing.

I would think purposefully driving yourself off track to prevent someone from taking a position would meet a penalty under the rules below.

In any case, the concern over competitiveness in F1 isn’t due to on track rules. It’s because there’s a big delta in cars. That’s part of the interest in F1 is the development.

2021 INDYCAR Rules

Impeding the conduct of an Event, including Car control, placement and inconsistent driving pattern;

A Driver must not alter his/her racing line to pursuing Drivers.

You're comparing apples to oranges. F1 is the pinacle of racing for a reason.
It's the pinnacle of the racing because it's the pinnacle of technology, not because of track limits.
I would think purposefully driving yourself off track to prevent someone from taking a position would meet a penalty under the rules below.

In any case, the concern over competitiveness in F1 isn’t due to on track rules. It’s because there’s a big delta in cars. That’s part of the interest in F1 is the development.
I think the rule you quoted mainly applies to the drivers changing lanes on straightaways, not so much to situations like the one in Interlagos.
I don't think there has been a lot of policing in IndyCar lately.

Red Bull needed this one. Mercedes aren’t losing Jeddah or Abu Dhabi. Without any first lap shenanigans tomorrow this thing is donezo.

You sound like Reck.
Declaring the championship to be over with three races to go is a long shot - especially since Lewis is still 14 points back.

I called this thing for Red Bull a long time ago. I still stand by it.

You sound like Reck.
Declaring the championship to be over with three races to go is a long shot - especially since Lewis is still 14 points back.
Merc will be favored at the last two tracks. Lewis wins with a sweep, Max realistically needs one win in the final three. Mercedes are peaking at the right time. Hard to say Lewis isn’t the betting favorite right now. If he gets through turn 1 cleanly tomorrow he certainly is.

Btw, biggest dry qualifying gap between P1 and P2 all season today.

Merc will be favored at the last two tracks. Lewis wins with a sweep, Max realistically needs one win in the final three. Mercedes are peaking at the right time. Hard to say Lewis isn’t the betting favorite right now. If he gets through turn 1 cleanly tomorrow he certainly is.

Btw, biggest dry qualifying gap between P1 and P2 all season today.

I think Merc timed their latest engine penalty perfectly. Doing it at Brazil with the sprint race on the Saturday was genius. In my opinion, there is a much smaller chance Lewis takes that win if he's coming from 20th instead of 10th on the Sunday race and now he has all of the momentum coming into the final stretch.

I agree that Merc and Lewis seem to be the favorite to close this out, but this has been such a crazy year I'm excited to see how this plays out. I've said it before, but I'm done betting against Merc in this era.

Red Bull needed this one. Mercedes aren’t losing Jeddah or Abu Dhabi. Without any first lap shenanigans tomorrow this thing is donezo.

Just finished watching quals. You made it sound like Max qualified 5th or 6th. lol

Guy is 2nd. That's P1 by turn 1 with a decent start.

Max given a chance to explain why he broke another rule. Summoned to the stewards for not slowing down on yellow flags.

Not sure what is there to explain. I've seen the onboard video and he never lifted.

Max given a chance to explain why he broke another rule. Summoned to the stewards for not slowing down on yellow flags.

Not sure what is there to explain. I've seen the onboard video and he never lifted.

Max, Valterri, Carlos and Lando to report to the Stewards.

I wonder if Max prefers turkey or "Ham" for Thanksgiving dinner this year. :XXROFL: :owquitit: :headbang:🦃

Qualifying infraction penalties have been handed out:
FEuAEHoXoAM6fQ6

Bottas and Verstappen have been given grid drops.

This track sucks but how does Valtteri struggle to pass anyone quite literally any time he’s shuffled back into the pack…damn.

This track sucks but how does Valtteri struggle to pass anyone quite literally any time he’s shuffled back into the pack…damn.

Only explanation is he’s doing it on purpose. No one can be this bad.

Bottas is one of those barely average drivers that a machine like Mercedes or Red Bull is too much for his limited talents. Total mid pack driver.

It was humorous how Crofty shut Davidson down when he threw out the idea that Bottas might run down Verstappen.

Back
Top Bottom