F1 Russian GP Race Thread

Reck

Team Owner
Yeah let's start the week with these tweets because this is what we need now apparently.. :rolleyes:

It’s early in the week so a lot can change but it’s looking like a downpour for qualifying day as well.

Considering that we could be anticipating a weekend of very wet Russian grid girls, all of the rain is nothing short of tragic.

Starting to get worried now. Wth..

Verstappen is taking a new power unit and starting at the back of the grid on Sunday. Leclerc is also taking a new power unit with an updated hybrid system and starting at the back.

Oscar Piastri has been impressive in F2, he's going to be a stud for Alpine in the future.

I still think Zhou, even though has taken a few more years to develop will be fine in F1. Vasseur low-key confirmed him because he denied Zhou will be bringing in 30m Euros to Alfa next season.

Also, Schwartzman has gotten BURIED this season... Sheesh.

Oscar Piastri has been impressive in F2, he's going to be a stud for Alpine in the future.

I still think Zhou, even though has taken a few more years to develop will be fine in F1. Vasseur low-key confirmed him because he denied Zhou will be bringing in 30m Euros to Alfa next season.

Also, Schwartzman has gotten BURIED this season... Sheesh.
Question I have is when would he really get a shot with Alpine? Ocon is signed through 2024 and Alonso might race forever, especially if the new car pans out as intended. Piastri should be in F1 next year but you never want to sit on the sidelines for too long.

Ferrari academy is also kinda screwed now that they lost selection of the one Alfa seat. Probably an Ilott 2.0 situation for Shwartzman…hopefully the manufacturers at least find a way to integrate their junior teams with their upcoming sports car programs. At least behind him Ferrari really doesn’t have much talent.

Question I have is when would he really get a shot with Alpine? Ocon is signed through 2024 and Alonso might race forever, especially if the new car pans out as intended. Piastri should be in F1 next year but you never want to sit on the sidelines for too long.

Ferrari academy is also kinda screwed now that they lost selection of the one Alfa seat. Probably an Ilott 2.0 situation for Shwartzman…hopefully the manufacturers at least find a way to integrate their junior teams with their upcoming sports car programs. At least behind him Ferrari really doesn’t have much talent.
I mean, in retrospect Alonso was not a bad signing. It's been fun to watch him in F1, however I still would have preferred to see some young blood in F1.

I think that's why many manufactures are going to WEC/IMSA to fill that void for these younger drivers. Piastri should be a candidate for the Alpine LMDh or maybe they place him somewhere temporarily.

Just not enough seats and Alpine/Renault should find another team to collaborate with. An 11th team in F1 would be great with Renault backing.

Alonso is being entertained with a seat. He doesn’t really…let’s say deserve it at this point in time. He has nothing to prove and has said it himself he’s just out there having fun like this is a luxury sport.

1632502740169.jpeg

Well this is interesting.

Free practice 3 is a wash. Qualifying is in serious doubt.

Plan is to do quali on Sunday morning.

Mercedes is playing the incompetent role this year. This team can’t do a thing right it seems.

At least he’ll be able to get a tow from 4th and possibly have the chance to pass at least two cars off the line. Pole here is not exactly where you want to start.

That is if his car is not beyond repair and they need to make extra changes.

Norris edges Sainz and Russell for Russian GP pole in last-lap frenzy | RACER

Norris is not a surprise given his speed in the wet at Spa. Ferrari was supposed to have a new engine spec this weekend, so I am sure that helped, but maybe a bit of an upset to be so far up front.

Whatever is going on at Williams, they need to keep that going. It looks like all they have ever needed was a little funding. It's sad for them (and us too, really) that they are losing Russell just as their program was coming together.

Norris edges Sainz and Russell for Russian GP pole in last-lap frenzy | RACER

Norris is not a surprise given his speed in the wet at Spa. Ferrari was supposed to have a new engine spec this weekend, so I am sure that helped, but maybe a bit of an upset to be so far up front.

Whatever is going on at Williams, they need to keep that going. It looks like all they have ever needed was a little funding. It's sad for them (and us too, really) that they are losing Russell just as their program was coming together.

Charles is the one with the new upgrade on. He’ll start next to last.

Back
Top Bottom