F1: Singapore Grand Prix

LOL engeneers telling any drivers to drive slow.

Yea, Max V was a little "tart" in that interview towards Ferrari.
He doesn't need to burn any bridges at his young age.

The Hulkster had such promise a few years ago. Kinda sad.

Well there it is. Lewis too strong today and errorless.

Off to Malaysia one more time then its good riddance to that track for a long time.
Seb has 4 wins there to Lewis' 1.

Well there it is. Lewis too strong today and errorless.

Off to Malaysia one more time then its good riddance to that track for a long time.

Best track Tilke ever made, I'm going to miss it.

Its turned into one of the best tracks on the schedule.

That's a bad name in my racing history book. Still mad at him
for what he did to Austin. Too boring for my taste. Hardly anyone there
for the 6 hr. I do like the Baku track he designed and that's about it
for me.

Watching now. Ferrari choke five seconds into the race, ****** really? Giftwrap it to Lewis and put a bow on it. What the ****.

The race really lived up to the winner of turn one.... in this case.

How's Jorge doing? No wins yet?

No wins for him although he is finding some speed and has led a few races .......... Dovi may well win the championship on the Ducati though .. it will be determined next weekend. I guess you heard that Rossi is out with a broken leg

That was a crazy start. Who would have thought both Ferraris would be out before the first lap is done?

I'm I the only one who thinks it might be a good time on crack down on all the defensive swerving on the straights to block? It's gotten so bad that they can't even make it to the first corner of the race.

I'm I the only one who thinks it might be a good time on crack down on all the defensive swerving on the straights to block? It's gotten so bad that they can't even make it to the first corner of the race.
Yeah I have no idea what Vettel was doing. Whether Max was in his blindspot or he didn't know Kimi was there, still...

DJ8T56cWAAEMcYw.jpg

Apparently the ones that deserved to made it ........... except for Max

Would've been funny if Alonso didn't get bounced on turn 1 and hung in to make the podium during the week of the McLaren Honda divorce announcement...

Apparently the ones that deserved to made it ........... except for Max

Well, first, you can't blame Kimmi for anything other than making a really good start.

I think Max overreacted to Vettel moving over. You can see in the photo above that Max is just about into Kimmi, and Vettel is still a few feet away. If they have just stayed where they were, there was enough room, but it seems anything is game on the straights.

Still, Vettel made it so narrow it would have been tight, but max initiated the first contact. Vettel probably didn't know Kimmi was inside, because that was his blind spot, but Verstappen could see everything. All Verstappen had to do is back out, which seems to be what the FIA thinks any overtaking driver should do when he gets swerved on.

The problem is not that the drivers can't drive alongside each other in a straight line. The problem is that they are not required to. As evidenced by Perez putting his own teammate into the wall twice at Spa, you can do any damm thing you want on the straight as long as you are doing it to block someone. This is simply going to get someone killed (and has in other formula), which is why any time F1 talks about safety, it's a pathetic joke.

So, if we are going to apportion blame, it can't be on the drivers. The blame has to be on the rules that allow them to block, chop, block, swerve and put each other into the wall with total impunity. If you take Vettel's legal swerve out of it, this accident never happens.

Well, first, you can't blame Kimmi for anything other than making a really good start.

I think Max overreacted to Vettel moving over. You can see in the photo above that Max is just about into Kimmi, and Vettel is still a few feet away. If they have just stayed where they were, there was enough room, but it seems anything is game on the straights.

Still, Vettel made it so narrow it would have been tight, but max initiated the first contact. Vettel probably didn't know Kimmi was inside, because that was his blind spot, but Verstappen could see everything. All Verstappen had to do is back out, which seems to be what the FIA thinks any overtaking driver should do when he gets swerved on.

The problem is not that the drivers can't drive alongside each other in a straight line. The problem is that they are not required to. As evidenced by Perez putting his own teammate into the wall twice at Spa, you can do any damm thing you want on the straight as long as you are doing it to block someone. This is simply going to get someone killed (and has in other formula), which is why any time F1 talks about safety, it's a pathetic joke.

So, if we are going to apportion blame, it can't be on the drivers. The blame has to be on the rules that allow them to block, chop, block, swerve and put each other into the wall with total impunity. If you take Vettel's legal swerve out of it, this accident never happens.

Inittially I thought Max reacted to Kimmi's move too but barely veer to the right to cover Vettel, not enough to cause a crash until Vettel just came all the way over.

Blame goes to Kimmi and Vettel. I guess Max could always back out like you say but why should he? He was second and in line to challenge for first.

Inittially I thought Max reacted to Kimmi's move too but barely veer to the right to cover Vettel, not enough to cause a crash until Vettel just came all the way over.

Blame goes to Kimmi and Vettel. I guess Max could always back out like you say but why should he? He was second and in line to challenge for first.

Max did nothing wrong

I say the majority of the blame is on Vettel. He has pulled the "cut across the track because I got a mediocre start" move in the past...didn't work so well this time. Probably did not know Kimi had gotten beside Max, though.

From that view it looks like Kimmi also moves over a little right as Vettel was coming down. Verstappen just got sandwiched. Max was sort of innocent, but he was also moving around. None of them drove very well. It was either deliberate blocking or poor situational awareness.

Still, a perfect illustration of what happens when no one holds their line. If Kimmi goes straight, Vettel goes straight, and Verstappen goes straight, maybe they work it out or maybe they collide in the first corner, but this way they didn't even get that far. All of it is shameful bush league driving from the supposed "best" drivers in the world.

I dont know how anyone could blame Kimi. His only mistake was getting the better start.

Back
Top Bottom