F1: Tuscan Grand Prix Ferrari 1000

Vettel is running entire laps in the dirt.

One final smackdown from Hamilton at the end. Steals fastest lap at the end.

A pretty embarrassing showing that completely exposed him.

Lewis just toys with Bottas. Gapped him by a second and set a fastest lap with two to go. Can’t even pretend Bottas ever has a shot anymore.

If you're going to have just anyone driving the second Mercedes why not put a younger gun in there? Russell for example.

Bottas is barely ahead of Max in points.

If you're going to have just anyone driving the second Mercedes why not put a younger gun in there? Russell for example.

I think Toto is so nervous to have anyone push Lewis (like Nico did) on a constant basis that he is happy with bottas playing rear gunnar because he doesn't step out of line. I think russell presents more danger to Lewis in my opinion.

So they don’t have **** to deal with like they did with Rosberg and Lewis can be GOATed.

Bottas would lose to half the grid in the same car, I’m sure of it. Good qualifier but the guy has no race pace at all. Meanwhile Toto is always yapping about how F1 can be better but the other teams need to step their game up but the guy takes away even an interesting intra-team battle by renewing this dude every season.

I think Toto is so nervous to have anyone push Lewis (like Nico did) on a constant basis that he is happy with bottas playing rear gunnar because he doesn't step out of line. I think russell presents more danger to Lewis in my opinion.

Maybe long term but who sees Hamilton in F1 past...say 2 more years? It's unlikely.

So they don’t have **** to deal with like they did with Rosberg and Lewis can be GOATed.

Bottas would lose to half the grid in the same car, I’m sure of it. Good qualifier but the guy has no race pace at all. Meanwhile Toto is always yapping about how F1 can be better but the other teams need to step their game up but the guy takes away even an interesting intra-team battle by renewing this dude every season.
Bottas is not that bad. It was not long ago that he was regularly getting top 5 finishes with Williams.

Well this has gone off the rails. Awful year for open wheel IMO, Dixon and Hamilton are making their leagues look like the Xfinity series. Bit of a let down

F1 is investigating Lewis over the shirt he wore.

I can’t see anything other than a monetary fine at worse.

Bottas is not that bad. It was not long ago that he was regularly getting top 5 finishes with Williams.
Not bad, but probably not worthy of the best car on the grid either. That one season where he got a bunch of podium with Williams they had one of the best cars out there, Massa even got a pole at Austria with it.

Looking at next year's field, I would put him behind Ricciardo, Alonso, Leclerc, Verstappen, Norris, Russell, perhaps Sainz and Vettel as well. He was really just a panic move by Mercedes after Rosberg retired and has gotten to stick around because he doesn't cause any trouble.

It is odd that Mercedes seem determined not advance Russell any further right now, as most decorated young drivers don't spend anywhere near three full years in a midfield or worse seat waiting for an opening at their parent team.

I like what one avid fan said in his YouTube reviews. Bottas isn't a bad driver per se. He still brings home a decent amount of the points for Mercedes that is on par with figures like Rubens Barrichello and Mark Webber - a little bit more, in fact. He has moments of brilliance, but he is unfortunately too inconsistent. He has certain tracks that he excels at, and he is almost on par with Hamilton in terms of qualifying pace. Not bad considering that Hamilton has achieved GOAT status in terms of qualifying. However, his performance diminishes in races and he seems to lack that extra gear that Hamilton finds. Hamilton knows how to pull a rabbit out of the hat even in dire situations; finishing two spots behind Bottas in Italy is a pretty good example given how that race went. On the flip side, Bottas should have been running higher than P5 yet never really looked like getting through the slower cars in front. That race is one of several where Bottas had an opportunity to capitalize only to fall well short. He doesn't race with the same convincing, assertive style that Hamilton does. Mercedes doesn't seem to have an issue with it though, because the two get along and their pairing has proven to be a formula for success. Hopefully, we will see other teams continue to pick it up because the line-up at Merc is not likely to change for a while yet.

Back
Top Bottom