F1

upload_2017-5-10_7-3-6.png

upload_2017-5-10_7-3-43.png

This would be my hotel spot in Singapore. I think its walking distance to the track.

Love the uniqueness of this track. Crazy fast looooong straight.
Coming up this weekend - Azerbajan.

Funny how after all the crying and complaining about the Baku track before the event, they had the cleanest race of the year. I quite liked Baku. It was visually pleasing and one of the few places they can really air the car out.

Yeah, I remember that last year. It is visually one of the most fun races to watch.
That castle chicane is wild though. I held my breath every time they went through it.

Wow , is Spa quali ever packed. Glad the break is over. Now to resume the Vettle/Hamilton battle.

Also, it seems like the unreliability bug has bit Verstappen. Not fun when Riccardo went through it all last season, now he gets to realize how issues like that suck badly.

Great thread !!! had to look up who won before deciding not to watch

Especially the day after a barn burning Indycar race, F1 has become utterly unwatchable. It's bad enough the cars create so much turbulence they can hardly race each other, but to have it rammed down our throats how great it is just to top off the hypocrisy is just a joke.

It took (Kaltenbgorn's figures) $95 million per year for Sauber to parade around the back and not even score a point, so what's the point for anyone but Mercedes? The disparity of equipment is so vast it is almost like we have three divisions: The anointed royal highness top three, the mid field, and the dirtbag, no life, no hopers, who are still spending $95 million a car to be simply run over and humiliated.

Even Ferrari, of all teams, has only had a hope because they caught Mercedes being complacent at the beginning of the year. Mercedes is allowed to use the full scope of their unlimited resources, and now they are back on track. It's going to take a miracle for them to stay in the hunt from here on out. Vettel still has the lead, but it's not going to last.

Wow. One of the richest manufacturers in the world is bitchslapping everyone else senseless. Now that's s some compelling stuff right there!

Even that's not so bad because there is no mercy in combat, but F1 has become so fake and phony it's almost like a Wizard of Oz side show. All F1 really needs no to complete the magical transformation of what used to be the greatest sport on the planet is flying monkeys and maybe a tornado or two. Houses falling out of the sky and killing witches would be entertaining too.

We have phony DRS because the racing is so poor that's about the only time you ever see a pass. We have mandatory "option" tires designed to artificially degrade and"spice up the show." Everything all the time is all about tires, tires, tires, and for sure, tires ain't pretty. They are not very compelling either.

Now that the cars are becoming at least a little more attractive, now they are going to jam an ugly halo on top of them so they can undo all of that. Ugly cars that race badly. We have this stuff forced upon us because safety is so supposedly important, and then the FIA ignores it's own rules and let's the drivers "race" like insane, rabid little zombie children with bad attitudes. They all drive like all a bunch of little grim freaking reapers determined to kill each other, but that's ok?

Oh, technology? No one cares about hybrid systems as evidenced by no teams seeming to want to even bother with LMP1 next year. F1 used to be all about technology, but now all you see is the latest barge board, turning vane, sidepod widget or squish generator flap. The most starling technological development in the current era has been when Force India drilled two holes in the nose of their car.

As one of the more optimistic race fans, this might seem bitter, but only because they are treating a sport like it's some sort of show. You never hear them brag about improving the sport, the contest, the test of men. All they ever say is we are going to "spice up the show!" News flash to you morons: it's not a show. It's a sport and people know the difference.

In short, F1 has become so full of sh*it they have all become assholes.

But wait! Ignore that man behind the curtain. I am F1, the great and powerful pinnacle of motorsports!

Especially the day after a barn burning Indycar race, F1 has become utterly unwatchable. It's bad enough the cars create so much turbulence they can hardly race each other, but to have it rammed down our throats how great it is just to top off the hypocrisy is just a joke.

It took (Kaltenbgorn's figures) $95 million per year for Sauber to parade around the back and not even score a point, so what's the point for anyone but Mercedes? The disparity of equipment is so vast it is almost like we have three divisions: The anointed royal highness top three, the mid field, and the dirtbag, no life, no hopers, who are still spending $95 million a car to be simply run over and humiliated.

Even Ferrari, of all teams, has only had a hope because they caught Mercedes being complacent at the beginning of the year. Mercedes is allowed to use the full scope of their unlimited resources, and now they are back on track. It's going to take a miracle for them to stay in the hunt from here on out. Vettel still has the lead, but it's not going to last.

Wow. One of the richest manufacturers in the world is bitchslapping everyone else senseless. Now that's s some compelling stuff right there!

Even that's not so bad because there is no mercy in combat, but F1 has become so fake and phony it's almost like a Wizard of Oz side show. All F1 really needs no to complete the magical transformation of what used to be the greatest sport on the planet is flying monkeys and maybe a tornado or two. Houses falling out of the sky and killing witches would be entertaining too.

We have phony DRS because the racing is so poor that's about the only time you ever see a pass. We have mandatory "option" tires designed to artificially degrade and"spice up the show." Everything all the time is all about tires, tires, tires, and for sure, tires ain't pretty. They are not very compelling either.

Now that the cars are becoming at least a little more attractive, now they are going to jam an ugly halo on top of them so they can undo all of that. Ugly cars that race badly. We have this stuff forced upon us because safety is so supposedly important, and then the FIA ignores it's own rules and let's the drivers "race" like insane, rabid little zombie children with bad attitudes. They all drive like all a bunch of little grim freaking reapers determined to kill each other, but that's ok?

Oh, technology? No one cares about hybrid systems as evidenced by no teams seeming to want to even bother with LMP1 next year. F1 used to be all about technology, but now all you see is the latest barge board, turning vane, sidepod widget or squish generator flap. The most starling technological development in the current era has been when Force India drilled two holes in the nose of their car.

As one of the more optimistic race fans, this might seem bitter, but only because they are treating a sport like it's some sort of show. You never hear them brag about improving the sport, the contest, the test of men. All they ever say is we are going to "spice up the show!" News flash to you morons: it's not a show. It's a sport and people know the difference.

But wait! Ignore that man behind the curtain. I am F1, the great and powerful pinnacle of motorsports!

If only the sound of the cars had remained I could bear it a little more !! I have an air compressor that sounds better. They can keep the hybrid crap too ...... Formula E is deserving of it. I long to see a v-12 or a v-8 screaming around the track like a mad animal
The only joy F-1 holds for me is seeing Hamilton get beat

Yeah I'm sure a guy driving a Porsche or a Ferrari hybrid is concerned about saving a few bucks at the pump.

If only the sound of the cars had remained I could bear it a little more !! I have an air compressor that sounds better.

Give up on Formula One and watch IMSA. The array of sound is pretty incredible. Indycars are pretty awesome too.

They can keep the hybrid crap too ...... Formula E is deserving of it.

All of that technology is useless. It's just for show and to appease the trendy nerds and eco Nazis.

Now, if they ever get an electric car where it will run an hour and recharge in about 5 minutes, then they will have something. Nothing more hokeyt than changing out the whole car to finish a race.

The only joy F-1 holds for me is seeing Hamilton get beat

We're not having a good year, are we? I'm sick of the guy too, but only because he's become a clown. I liked him a lot better when he was just a nice kid.

Give up on Formula One and watch IMSA. The array of sound is pretty incredible. Indycars are pretty awesome too.

All of that technology is useless. It's just for show and to appease the trendy nerds and eco Nazis.

Now, if they ever get an electric car where it will run an hour and recharge in about 5 minutes, then they will have something. Nothing more hokeyt than changing out the whole car to finish a race.

We're not having a good year, are we? I'm sick of the guy too, but only because he's become a clown. I liked him a lot better when he was just a nice kid.

I pretty much support Sebastion Vettel

I pretty much support Sebastion Vettel

I despise Ferrari, but anything is better than another Hamilton or Mercedes championship. I've always liked Vettel too so that eases the pain a little.

Now it appears that Force India will no longer let Ocon and Perez race each other.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/force-india-perez-ocon-racing-each-other-belgian-gp-crash-945796/

I don't know exactly what that means because they will still be competing on the same track at the same time, but I have to admire Force India's guts to take a stand. All these drivers are little primmadonnas that think they can't do anything wrong, and when they do it's always an excuse "he tried to pass me in an impossible place, I had a prob-bell-em with the sus-spens-sheon. My car is not comp-pet-tit-tive."

Like, what did they think was going to happen if they kept crashing into each other and costing a small team millions of dollars every other race? Force India is in fourth place, which is where they deserve to be. Since they are in no shape to lose that kind of money, they also can't afford to have the drivers wiping out two cars and zeroing out the team's potential point's score. The team had to do something.

Add to that the man-to-man relationship and respect between the two has totally broken down and probably isn't fixable, and it could go all wrong in the biggest possible way. While Baku was bad enough in that it cost a double points score and potential outright win, they could have very easily killed each other today. They were only feet away from where Stephan Belof was killed, the most daunting set of turns in the world, and they are slamming into each other like there could be no consequence.

This is what I mean when I say the drivers are allowed to race like "insane, rabid little zombie children with bad attitudes." Kimmi gets a penalty for speeding under a yellow (while last year Nico won a pole the same way), and then the stewards completely look the other way when someone does something really dangerous like today. any time F1 talks about safety, it's a farce.

Sounds like you guys don't care for Hamilton that much. BTW who won Spa?

Back
Top Bottom