Fantasy Racing 2021

Charlie Spencer

Road courses and short tracks.
The D500 is four weeks away, so it's time to gear up for the 2021 fantasy season. New RF members, watch for the other fantasy games we offer here. Play just one or play 'em all. While we're waiting for our other resident commissioners get in gear (@pjmolo, @TexasRaceLady, @Greg), consider this game:

Here's the short version:
  • Drivers are sorted into five groups based on current points standings. (Groups for the first 3 races are based on 2020 final standings.)
  • Each week, pick one driver from each group for a team of five drivers.
  • The deadline for making your picks is when the TV broadcast starts.
  • You get the points earned by your drivers, including stage and finishing points.
  • You can only pick a driver nine times during the 36-race season.
  • Teams are cleared after each race; you pick a new team every week.
  • Drivers groups are resorted after each race, based on the latest points standings. (Groups for the first 3 races are based on 2020 final standings.)
  • The player with the most points at the end of the season is the winner.
The web site has live scoring during the race, with unofficial results as soon as the race is over. It keeps track of how many times you've used each driver. Everyone plays everyone else each week; there are no pairings, individual match-ups, byes, elimination rounds, or playoffs.

If you're interested or have questions, you can reply to me here. If you already know you want to play, send me a peer message (click my avatar, then click 'Start a Conversation') and Include this information:
  • your name,
  • e-mail address (don't post your e-mail address here!),
  • team name,
  • a password (I can make one up if you'd prefer)
I'll reply to you with my private e-mail address and then add your team to the FanStar web site. After I set up, you'll receive an invitation from FanStar via e-mail to the address you provided.

Regardless of what games you do or don't play, I hope everyone has a great season.

Best of luck Charlie and I hope you get a lot of participation in your league.

I will not be doing a league or serving as a commissioner this year.
My work load has just made it to hectic to ensure that I can do the job or do it justice.
I think they are in better hands with you and all others here that provide the service.
Much respect to everyone that runs a league they all are great and a lot of fun.

I hope RF members all have a great year with their leagues, if you have never played give it a try they are a lot fun and they add a new dimension or story to follow during every race.

Okay, I promise this is the last time I'll bug y'all this year. There's still plenty of time to get in to this game, or any of the others here at RF. Regardless of what you do or don't play, have a great season.

Back
Top Bottom