Fantasyland/Opinion Game- Shorten 1 Race Lengthen Another

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
Pick one race you would like to see shorter and another race you would like to see longer.

Lengthen- Bristol, even though it's 500 laps the lap times are so quick it's one of the shorter races on the schedule and almost always finishes in less than 3 hours. I'd like to see something of a marketing gimmick like 555 laps.

Shorten- Atlanta, with the high tire degradation and the lack of power these cars have they're turning laptimes slower than ever and at 500 miles it's a loooong race.

I'd like to shorten either of the Michigan races. With the new rules package it just doesn't do it for me.

To make one longer I'd actually like the Darlington race to 600 or even 700 miles. Something about a endurance race on a track is already hard to drive makes it like a true test of man and machine.

I'd like to shorten either of the Michigan races. With the new rules package it just doesn't do it for me.

To make one longer I'd actually like the Darlington race to 600 or even 700 miles. Something about a endurance race on a track is already hard to drive makes it like a true test of man and machine.
The 24 hours of Darlington

Shorten one of the Michigan races to zero. One race a year is good enough.

Mqybe we need to do three seperate stage threads per race. That way the two and single stage fans could just wait for the desired stage to start before commencing to using up their limited time or energy.

Personally(s) I recommend just stockpiling up an unlimited amount of pre race cheetos, Coca-Colas and about 25,000 images of hawt wimmins on the phone to cover the lean moments, and to make it through a whole race.

Coca-Cola 700 it is.

If they went to 850 miles they could possibly get Holley to sponser a 4 staged (barrel) race. "The World 850 cfm double pumper classic" would be instant greatness, and a great sale for for some Monster energy girl promotions as well.

They would just need NBC to cover the race. An 850 mile marathon would be the best way to make Latarte and Burton to permanently self destruct the vocal chords.

Lengthen: Bristol Night Race (550 or 555 laps would be a cool gimmick like OP posted)

Shorten: None

I’d shorten a Kansas race by 100 laps. Add 50 to the Bristol night race and 50 to Martinsville

I like the 24 hour idea...

The 24 hours of talladega... pack racing, big ones, and restarts until no cars can continue to run

Each team brings two haulers to the track. Total of four cars per driver. Only scored with a ‘DNF’ after all four cars are destroyed.

Shorten New Hampshire down to about 200 laps. Make that race go by fast. I cannot recall the last louden race I was impressed by. Surprised they make sure to have those races on the cable channels. Like thats gonna entice anyone to grab NBCS.

200 laps at NHMS? I traveled to the race this year and it was a decent race. No way I'd go to that over the Musket 250 if it was only 200.

All the races are shorter now,
all the extra caution laps during stage stops

Back
Top Bottom