Fausto Gresini

donthaveanickname

Team Owner
Gresini was the 125cc World Champion in 1985 and 1987. He owned Gresini Racing which currently operates the Aprilia MotoGP factory team.
His team won the 2001 250cc World Championship with Daijiro Kato, the inaugural Moto2 World Championship with Toni Elias in 2010 , the 2018 Moto3 World Championship with Jorge Martin and the inaugural MotoE World Cup with Matteo Ferrari in 2019.
Both Kato and Marco Simoncelli were competing for his team when they lost their lives in fatal accidents.

Gresini had been battling Covid since December. He passed away earlier today at age 60.

R.I.P.

Damn. So sorry to hear this. Covid is so cruel. I am sure the Original Post had no intention to imply... in fact did not imply... that the team had any responsibility in the Kato nor the Simoncelli accidents... no equipment failure or anything like that. I just felt compelled to reiterate that to avoid any possible misinterpretation.

Godspeed Fausto Gresini.

I'm a little late, but I knew I had heard that last name somewhere before: Aprilia Racing Team Gresini. I've used them a lot in MotoGP 20. That's a shame, man. :(

Back
Top Bottom