Favorite car?

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
Mine is eleanor.

Something about a mustang

1971 Ford Mustang Sportsroof

Id be interested in seeing what a ford fan like @BobbyFord thinks about this car...

My dad had a ‘71 Mach 1, 429 SCJ Drag-pak car. It was pretty cool. Worth a ton of money today.
There’s no way I could pick one favorite car. I’d have trouble choosing a top 100 favorite cars.

My dad had a ‘71 Mach 1, 429 SCJ Drag-pak car. It was pretty cool. Worth a ton of money today.
There’s no way I could pick one favorite car. I’d have trouble choosing a top 100 favorite cars.

AWESOME. thanks for sharing!!!

Bobby, I can only dream of driving a mustang like eleanor. Are they hard to drive fast?

AWESOME. thanks for sharing!!!

Bobby, I can only dream of driving a mustang like eleanor. Are they hard to drive fast?
I think it’s difficult to drive fast on any public street, especially with the distractions of today. Streets are more crowded, people texting and surfing while driving, everyone is stoned...
My short bed truck is extremely squirrely to drive, it takes a lot of concentration.
It’s not difficult to drive fast under desirable conditions.

I think it’s difficult to drive fast on any public street, especially with the distractions of today. Streets are more crowded, people texting and surfing while driving, everyone is stoned...
My short bed truck is extremely squirrely to drive, it takes a lot of concentration.
It’s not difficult to drive fast under desirable conditions.

Great info. If I had one of those cars I'd probably take a course. I am sure if joe blow got in your truck or a 400 HP 'stang and mashed the throttle youd wreck.

I love Mustangs, but this has always been one of my favorites.

www.speednik.com-1977-pontiac-firebird-trans-am.jpg

There’s a ton of Cadillacs I’d like to have, ‘48, ‘55, ‘60, ‘61 Coupe de Ville, ‘57 El Dorado Biarritz...
1941 Buick Sedanette
1940 Buick Opera coupe
1965 Buick Riviera
1970 Buick GSX
1940 Ford DeLuxe coupe
1955 Ranch Wagon
1961 Galaxie Starliner
1957 Fairlane Retractable
1957 Continental MK2
1966 Continental 2 Door
1956 Thunderbird
1969 Thunderbird
1969 Lincoln MK3
1966 AC Cobra MkIII
1973 Pontiac Grand Prix
1959 Pontiac Bonneville
1967 Pontiac GTO
1959 El Camino
1970 Oldsmobile 442 W30
1969 Oldsmobile Toronado
1959 Facel Vega HK500
1970 Challenger
1969 Charger
1956 Austin Healey 100M
1969 AMC AMX (Big Bad Green)
1957 Jaguar XK140
1963 Jaguar E-Type convertible

There’s probably no end to this list...

^very few foreign cars on the list. cool.

Now, do you mean cars we owned that were a favorite or cars in general that are favorites? Cars we owned, my favorite would be a 1952 MGTD. I had one of these and it was without a doubt the most fun car, ever. I raced it, did road rally, hill climbs, if there was an event within 100 miles of my home I was there. The car was tough for being made partially with wood and having cranky carburetors.
It met its demise on Memorial Day, 1958 when a drunk driver came across the center line and hit just off center on the left side. Destroyed the car and driver okay. State Police were so busy investigating accidents that day by the time they arrived there was no way the lady that hit me could be proven to have been under the influence. Things were different back then.

All that being said, I replaced it with a 1958 Ford tudor custom 300 w/Interceptor Thunderbird Special engine and stick shift.

My all time favorite car for style is the 1949 Mercury coupe.
Screen Shot 2020-07-14 at 11.45.14 AM.png

I’m a big fan of the movie White Lightning, so I’d love to find a ‘71 Ford Galaxie in decent shape to make a replica of the car from the movie. They’re pretty hard to find now though as not too many of them have been preserved. Here’s a replica that somebody built of the White Lightning car:

CDF396CD-6741-4444-BD58-46915604770F.jpeg

I’m a big fan of the movie White Lightning, so I’d love to find a ‘71 Ford Galaxie in decent shape to make a replica of the car from the movie. They’re pretty hard to find now though as not too many of them have been preserved. Here’s a replica that somebody built of the White Lightning car:

View attachment 47983
The best available motor in that car in ‘71 was the 429.

Hard question as my tastes forever change:
1970 Buick GSX 455 Stage 1
1967 Dodge Dart (426 Hemi or 440 of course)
1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429
^ Favorite Muscle Cars

I mean I could honestly go on all day, there are so many cars I want to collect in the future. Domestic and Imports, but one of my all-time favorites comes from Europe:
2006 TVR Sagaris is probably my dream car. Its ridiculous, unsafe, but is fast as SH*T and will eventually fall apart... That's what makes it awesome! (Either Pearlescent Purple or British Racing Green as shown)
0fs6x9k5lpm11.png

This thread inspired me to get up at 5.30 this morning on my day off to fly down to Nelson in the south Island to revisit a car museum and take some pics of a Cadillac that I love.

View attachment 47983
My dad had one of those, I had a 69 Marquis with a 429, and a 70 bird with one also. I still have the bird, almost impossible to get it to run on today's gas with the compression it had, but man would they top end.

Back
Top Bottom