2017, 2021 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor
1631020353109.png

1631020732550.png

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11​

730PM (EST)
1631020826470.png
1631020905645.png
Richmond Raceway: D shaped oval .75 mile First Cup Race: 1953
All time Cup Wins leader: Richard Petty (13)
The NASCAR Cup Series returns for the annual Fall race at “America’s Premier Short Track” , Richmond Raceway for the 2nd race of the 2021 NASCAR Playoffs. The Playoff Intensity is ramping up with each lap as some championship contenders are already in some early trouble. Who will navigate the “Action Track” to secure their place into the Round Of 12?

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11​

The NASCAR Cup Series returns for the annual Fall race at “America’s Premier Short Track” , Richmond Raceway for the 2nd race of the 2021 NASCAR Playoffs. The Playoff Intensity is ramping up with each lap as some championship contenders are already in some early trouble. Who will navigate the Action Track to secure their place into the Round Of 12?
"Premier short track"

Yeah, that goes to Bristol or Martinsville.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11​

The NASCAR Cup Series returns for the annual Fall race at “America’s Premier Short Track” , Richmond Raceway for the 2nd race of the 2021 NASCAR Playoffs. The Playoff Intensity is ramping up with each lap as some championship contenders are already in some early trouble. Who will navigate the “Action Track” to secure their place into the Round Of 12?
The “action track”

Hahahahahaha

I actually enjoy the racing here. Sure they’ve had some recent stinkers but that doesn’t deter me from liking this track. I hope to attend a race here someday soon, it’s on my list of tracks id like to visit

One of my least favorite tracks and least favorite races of the year, sucks that they spend a playoff date here imo. Just can't get into it.
Same. I used to love it in the 90s, now it has become two of the worst races of the year. If you told me back then that Loudon would be good racing and Richmond would be a stinker, I would have laughed and called the mental health ward for you...

I cannot believe how much this race dropped off in excitement over the decade.

It’s pretty weird how there just stopped being incidents here. The last few years especially, most of the cautions are only those for stage breaks. Growing up there were almost always 10+ cautions a race here. I don’t think the racing here is bad, and would take it over most intermediates still, but it’s certainly different.

No good races here since 2014? When Keselowski, Kenseth, Gordon and a couple others battled for the win.

It’s pretty weird how there just stopped being incidents here. The last few years especially, most of the cautions are only those for stage breaks. Growing up there were almost always 10+ cautions a race here. I don’t think the racing here is bad, and would take it over most intermediates still, but it’s certainly different.
Richmond is an old school rubbin is racing stock car track. With how fragile these bodies are due to their aero dependence, bending fenders isn’t an option.

Damn so much hate on Richmond. Does no one remember Edwards moving KyBusch for the win or Truex holding on for the win a few years back?

I know Martinsville/Bristol are incredible but lets not completely bury the place

Richmond is an old school rubbin is racing stock car track. With how fragile these bodies are due to their aero dependence, bending fenders isn’t an option.

Yep. Aero dependency, single-groove racing, and conserving tires are all tough factors to overcome. It's really like an F1 race in that competitors can't pass and are happy to ride around.

Cars they drive.

Richmond is an awesome racetrack. I forget Larson has a win there.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I've always thought it was an awesome track myself. It's not the track's fault that the cars make it seem harder to pass and people's attention spans drift off. Did they renovate the actual track and it screwed up the racing that I am not aware of? Maybe I missed it but I thought besides the renovations to the infield the track itself has been pretty much the same as when fans loved the racing there in the 90's and early to mid 2000's. Didnt expect fans to turn on the track, I was pretty surprised at that. Sometimes I am not sure fans know what they want.

I've always thought it was an awesome track myself. It's not the track's fault that the cars make it seem harder to pass and people's attention spans drift off. Did they renovate the actual track and it screwed up the racing that I am not aware of? Maybe I missed it but I thought besides the renovations to the infield the track itself has been pretty much the same as when fans loved the racing there in the 90's and early to mid 2000's. Didnt expect fans to turn on the track, I was pretty surprised at that. Sometimes I am not sure fans know what they want.
Sometimes? ;)

I’m not sure people are turning on the track, but rather turning on the race giving it’s recent showings.

I like Richmond, I've always found the Spring race to be more attractive. I feel as if its the cars as well that play such a role. Gen 6 especially has led to some good to great races, however there have been some snoozefests.

Also, its crazy how many have a love fest for Iowa... However, Iowa is based off of Richmond. They are practically the same track in a different location.

I cannot believe how much this race dropped off in excitement over the decade.
I light heartedly blame Bowyer for that itch he scratched during this race - 9/7/13.
The track has had bad boring mojo ever since.

Damn so much hate on Richmond. Does no one remember Edwards moving KyBusch for the win or Truex holding on for the win a few years back?

I know Martinsville/Bristol are incredible but lets not completely bury the place

One or two good races over the course of the last 14-15 races isn't a good record.

is it the track's fault though? Nothing to do with the cars being run?
Well if you look at it running that 750 HP/LD package qualifying speeds dropped to around 121-122 while from 2002-2015 speeds were routinely pushing 130 in qualifying. To be honest the way this track is configured is not ideal to low downforce as you can carry so much speed into Turns 1 & 3 that you need space for grip to make a good exit.

Well if you look at it running that 750 HP/LD package qualifying speeds dropped to around 121-122 while from 2002-2015 speeds were routinely pushing 130 in qualifying. To be honest the way this track is configured is not ideal to low downforce as you can carry so much speed into Turns 1 & 3 that you need space for grip to make a good exit.
Well that isnt the tracks fault is it? It's the package they've been running as to why I would assume people dont like this track.

do tires make as much a difference like at Darlington
or
not so much......meaning just getting gas is an option, because tire wear is minimal

would a softer tire make better racing

Back
Top Bottom