Federated Auto Parts 400 @Richmond Raceway

do tires make as much a difference like at Darlington
or
not so much......meaning just getting gas is an option, because tire wear is minimal

would a softer tire make better racing
They make quite a difference here

Just saw Cody is out of the 51 this week as a precaution for carbon monoxide last week. I know they're usually just running at the back but it sounded scary when he pulled off the track during the race last week

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ready for the Mods!
5E631029-1E68-416F-9424-662688D34017.jpeg

I went to my first NASCAR race at Pocono August 19’. I was hooked on the in person experience so I went home that night and booked a solo trip down to Richmond just a few weeks later. I could’ve swore it was on my birthday the 12th but 3 sites have said it was 9/21. Regardless, beautiful weather and being solo allowed me to roam around as I pleased.

I knew I was in a bit of trouble when every single person around me put on ear plugs during the final pace laps and I didn’t have any...thank goodness I brought my AirPods. Although not great, they did the trick. I watched the first stage from my seat, spent most of the second stage roaming around which was cool because you can walk around the entire track just feet away from the racing surface.

Then spent the first part of the final stage watching from my seat, then roamed around a bit more till the end of the race. With a few laps to go I started lurking around the finish line hoping to catch the burn out and ended up getting a front row seat. Vid below, along with a restart from turn 2. Once out of the stadium I took a nice jog to my car on the other side of Laburnum Ave and was back to my hotel in downtown Richmond in about 15 minutes.

Fantastic night.

F23A8953-6152-4EB4-8D6C-47B43FF46F6C.jpeg

Hamlin is my pick tonight.

It's taking care of business. Richmond and Darlington are both tracks he's had success at and I think he walks away with this one now that win #1 is out of the way. I think round of 8 and round of 12 will give a better assessment of where they're at speedwise than these first two

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not a chance now.

The Larson domination this year all basically came from him on the pole.

Before the end of stage one he’ll be knocking on the door of the top 10.

He’ll gain a few spots on the ensuing pit stop.

Larson will win stage 2.

Book it.

Not a chance now.

The Larson domination this year all basically came from him on the pole.

Sorry man but you're made countless predictions like this one during races and before races this season and I don't think a single one turned out to be right so far.
NASCAR ain't F1. You can still win from the back of you have a fast car.

Well it looks like Larson will have to win it from the back of the field... Not really a problem for cheating Hendrick cars tho.

Well it looks like Larson will have to win it from the back of the field... Not really a problem for cheating Hendrick cars tho.
The pardonded felon "had no idea"the crews were cheating...

With the comp caution and a stage break at 80 laps, starting from the rear isn't much of a penalty these days.

Before the end of stage one he’ll be knocking on the door of the top 10.

He’ll gain a few spots on the ensuing pit stop.

Larson will win stage 2.

Book it.
I disagree. Okay Chex, let's put a wager on that! $10 for 6 pack of beer. You got a Venmo? Larson wins stage 2, I'll send you $10, if he doesn't, vice versa.

You down for a friendly little water??

Sorry man but you're made countless predictions like this one during races and before races this season and I don't think a single one turned out to be right so far.
NASCAR ain't F1. You can still win from the back of you have a fast car.
You're right. We shall see, but I think track position is tougher than ever to come by.

Plus, I'm over due ;)

Back
Top Bottom