Feedback about the Podium

fury

Internet god with an inferiority complex
Staff member
As many of you know, the Podium has been ablaze lately and it's the cause of some concern. We don't like to see all of the bickering and name calling and petty jabs. We do not intend to close the forum entirely. But we need for it to carry its own weight, instead of involving the mods and admins in the endless cycle of trying to keep it clean. So, for the moment, it's gone private, and you can choose whether to be given access.

We know this is going to be a jarring move, and some will decline to join the club in principle, but it's the best thing we could come up with so far. At least, while still maintaining some modicum of sanity. We hope it doesn't discourage you from participating, it is more a matter of you accepting the risks that come with all the heated debates. We're trying as hard as we can to keep up the best racing forums ever in the history of mankind. :beerbang:

This thread is open for feedback about what else we could do with the Podium to solve this. For access to the Podium, send a private message to any administrator. (myself, Magnethead, majestyx, nascarwoman, TexasRaceLady)

I think it's a great idea. I'm happy I thought of it. ;)

I guess my only concern is those who have said they wouldn't bother with the Podium if it goes fight club. I guess they can use the ignore button, which has always been an excellent solution. I do have a suggestion to accomodate those who enjoyed the podium the way it was.

Keep the old Podium, and create a Podium II for knuckleheads like me. You request in, and the rules are as you posted. If a thread in the current Podium gets rough, dump it in Podium II and ban offenders from the original Podium. People in the Podium may learn to say "lets take it to Podium II" before making a mess of things.

For people who report someone too much, it may be possible to impose a "forced ignore" on both parties as a time out.

That's my 2 cents worth, heavily discounted by a lack of common cents. :D

I like fenders idea with the exception of banning posters from the original podium. I think they should be allowed to post in both forums if they choose to do so.

I like fenders idea too, because it was fine before.

How can I join so I can get access to this forum?
Ask and ye shall receive
For access to the Podium, send a private message to any administrator. (myself, Magnethead, majestyx, nascarwoman, TexasRaceLady)
(except I already gave you access, so now you don't need to send the PM :p)

It shouldn't be called the Podium. A podium is for winners. It should be called the Wooden Spoon after the 'prize' given to losers.

Why would I hit fender with a wooden spoon it needs to at least be a brick.
ee3be1_633055.jpg

This is a great start and a good idea. The Podium has been a divisive poison on this board that almost single-handedly managed to kill the feel of community this site once had.

(A simpler way might have been to not let Podium postings count toward a members overall post count from the beginning though----think about those implications for a minute.....)

Heh.

This is a great start and a good idea. The Podium has been a divisive poison on this board that almost single-handedly managed to kill the feel of community this site once had. (A simpler way might have been to not let Podium postings count toward a members overall post count from the beginning though----think about those implications for a minute.....) Heh.

There was a time when it wasn't as nasty and mean spirited as it is today and 97forever knows and recognizes it as well as any of us who have been here long enough to recall the way it was.
There was time when, even though there was discord in opinion, there was a sense of harmony and community. Knowing full well I share and take some responsibility for the disappearance of those values even being able to point out the time frame when the majority of contention began. No names as we were all participants in the change.

But, rather than looking at the past, we should begin looking at the future and working to clean up our own act. At least, there seems to be a bit of reduction in name-calling and personal insults leveled in anger. If we, all of us, were to police ourselves without using those two useless items of incivility, the Podium would stand a better chance of returning to what it once was.

It is something we all need to work on and mostly it will depend on how interested posters on the Podium are in seeing it once again become a place with a sense of community.

Ah what the hell, a little late to the party, but I wanna see the Obamapologist squirm.

Put me in, coach!*

*To church it up, can I please have access to the damned thing? Maj-est-x?

Back
Top Bottom